Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Well, we know how Ford looks, but according to Google this is Carrie Fisher in 2013:

BNPDVgE.png

CTzpf0e.png

In that first pic it looks like she's hammered the weight loss a bit too much, but looking through the pics it appears she's now closer to the second. Either way, she's looking the best she has in twenty years.

Both still scream "regular dose of anti depressives" to me.

Of the 3 lead actors Ford is by far in the best shape, even if he is the oldest. But people said he was too old to play Indy in 2008, 6 years ago after not having playing him in 19 years. Ford hasn't played Han Solo in 31 years now!!!

Her face looks likes she underwent plastic surgery.

That's because it has.

Both still scream "regular dose of anti depressives" to me.

Perhaps, but you're not looking far enough ahead. You're not imagining her in full costume, after the makeover people have gone to work on her. You're not taking into consideration the best lighting money can buy. You're still thinking of ex junkie and bipolar Carrie Fisher; and not envisioning Queen Leia in Star Wars regalia and hair.

Lee - geeking out a bit for the first time in years, after this latest script news. Getting cautiously excited to see the threesome chemistry back in action. Feels weird to give a shit about SW again.

Black & white = arty?

No, why?

I'm looking at hot'n feisty Leia, not arty farty framing!

We've all seen the ordinary, cheap and trashy Leia countless of times but never an arty one.

Never saw it before but that's from the first Star Wars, I believe. She was still young and in possession of her youthful, elastic baby fat. It's something woman, as they get older, tend to lose. Usually they replace it with muscles (see Jennifer Connelly).

I love this idea, purely for nostalgia reasons of course, but it's going to be... er, interesting to see how they make three pensioners - two of whom left the leading lady/man business decades ago - carry a band new Star Wars summer blockbuster between them. But whatever, I'm up for it!

Edit: I've just seen Fisher and Hamill after their get in shape regimes and wow - they look great! Especially Fisher. She's completely slimmed up for the part and really looks like she could be quite elegant in this.

EDIT: I don't know what happened there with the picture.

Google: Mark Hamill Carrie Fisher Celebration Europe to get more up to date pictures. Yours are a few years old. Not sure about the first of Fisher but the Hamill one and 2nd Fisher one are definitely several years old at this point.

I just added "2013" to the search. The Hamill one I took from a news story about his Star Wars part weight loss. How true it was I don't know, but the date of the article certainly wasn't several years ago.

I just added "2013" to the search. The Hamill one I took from a news story about his Star Wars part weight loss. How true it was I don't know, but the date of the article certainly wasn't several years ago.

I remember it coming up a few months back. News stories were running it but it was proven to be an older photo.

This is both of them at the end of July last year:

markfive.jpg

That photo of Hamill you posted is from 2005 at least: http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/56108/star-wars-mark-hamills-weight-loss-photo/

Additionally, Abrams is also looking for an actress in her 20s who is either mixed race or black to play a role -- the rumor is that role will be Obi-Wan Kenobi's daughter or granddaughter.

So, Obi-Wan had a daughter, now? OK...

And what's even funnier, is that if it's indeed supposed to be her daugther and she's supposed to be in her 20s, it means he had her around the time when he was the old man we saw in Star Wars.

Here's hoping we'll get a flashback with a CG Alec Guiness, showing the breeding of his daughter. Imagine this coupled with a Barry White-like version of William's Force theme... We have a winner!

Since the movie is set (if Skywalker-solo offspring are there now) more than 20 years after rotj, then it is imposible for obi-wan to have a daughter.

(she could be older, as jedi live longer...)

But i read in theforce.net that it may be a smokescreen and we will see her parent(s) in REBELS.

Since the movie is set (if Skywalker-solo offspring are there now) more than 20 years after rotj, then it is imposible for obi-wan to have a daughter.

I agree. Obi-Wan could have a granddaughter though. And that would be possible.

Its rather ironic if they make these tightneck jedi from the prequels to have bastard offspring everywhere in the galaxy....

Makes Anakin's betrayal deserving for them :P

I agree. Obi-Wan could have a granddaughter though. And that would be possible.

Well...duchess satine could have had a secret daughter or son then... they may want to go the 'force sensitive mandalorian' way there....

Well...duchess satine could have had a secret daughter or son then... they may want to go the 'force sensitive mandalorian' way there....

Mmm... I'd like to see that. I never thought about it when I saw TCW.

I think the casting for the 20+ year woman is a tip of the hat to Samuel L. Jackson's casting in the prequels.

You shouldn't tip the hat to anything in the prequels. If anything, they should put a hat over them and pretend they never existed.

Mmm... I'd like to see that. I never thought about it when I saw TCW.

It would make sense... since obi wan and satine fell in love when they were very young. She would conceal it from her parents (the former duke and duchess) until too late... and her parents would like to conceal the baby for the family honor...

It makes good soap opera material! :P which star wars is supposed to be...

Nooooooooo!!!

Don't worry, there's no way Kathleen Kennedy will stand for that! Those two are gonna be sweating it out big time around about now.

That sounds pretty optimistic.

Why go through all that effort when you can just replace them with CGI doubles!!

Decanonise them and reconfigure SW, ESB and ROTJ to become the new Episodes 1, 2 and 3?

So the prequels should be stripped down to P-canon now?

If the rumor comes from a trusted trade like The Hollywood Reporter, it'll likely be true. But we'll have to see how the film ultimately turns out. It might not suck at all, might be a decent SW film in the end.

Abrams' involvement already has some pluses -- Episode VII will be shot on 35mm and favoring practical effects with CGI to enhance things (rather than over-relying on CGI). All I ask is that he and Dan Mindel stay away from lens flares.

Technology had progressed a lot in 2001 and 2004, but unfortunately Lucas had those crappy Sony and Panasonic Genesis to use. I don't know how better the prequels would've looked, had the Red Epic or Arri Alexa been available then.

I think Daniel Mindel mentioned the actual film stock they'll be using on Episode VII, and I don't know if Kathleen Kennedy played a role in allowing Abrams to shoot on film for Episode VII (I wouldn't be surprised if she insisted on it either). Maybe she's trying to do damage control and win back some fans who were (rightly) turned off by the prequels.

I think they're trying to get Drew Struzan to do the poster artwork for this one too, but time will tell.

Oh I didn't know it will be shot on 35mm film! So was Lucas really just going backwards when he videotaped AOTC and ROTS?

AOTC has a resolution of 1920 x 1080, which is the same resolution my phone shoots video in...