Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

I was posting on jwfan before the creation of the universe, which makes me...well...I'll let you guess...

Oh, so you're a holdover from the time before avatars? Such depressing times they were.

J.J. Abrams gives us an update on Star Wars: Episode VII, confirming he's met with Breaking Bad's Jesse Plemons for a role. Plus, learn why he doesn't want to shoot in IMAX

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/19/jj-abrams-star-wars-episode-vii-script-done-they-did-meet-with-jesse-plemons

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry, his imminent brutal workout regime and expensive Disney makeover will make him look like this!

1bLSHKo.jpg

Coupled with Joker voice it might be a powerhouse. ;)

Karol

Christ! He's a wreck!

Eh, that's nothing makeup can't fix.

And since J.J. Abrams has a working relationship with this guy, I wouldn't be surprised if he's commissioned to do the Episode VII poster artwork. His art style is very similar to Drew Struzan's.

Christ! He's a wreck!

Eh, that's nothing makeup can't fix.

And since J.J. Abrams has a working relationship with this guy, I wouldn't be surprised if he's commissioned to do the Episode VII poster artwork. His art style is very similar to Drew Struzan's.

Wow! This bloke's even better than Drew Struzan! Drew's layout can sometimes be a but cramped but this fella knows how to spread it out.

They look good I guess but they seem to be lacking the "soul" that Struzan's posters had.

Oh please.

Its easy to be the best when you're the only one in the game. This guys art is quite interesting, and looking at the bottom of the page to the top, he's definitely grown a lot and has come up with some interesting compositions.

I think his work is impressive but he doesn't capture likenesses nearly as well as Struzan. It lacks consistency. For example, in Shipper's Empire Strikes Back poster, the representations of Luke, Vader and Chewie are spot on but Han's representation looks nothing like him and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Star%20Wars_ESB_2007_web.jpg?format=500w

Here's another example. The smaller characters around the bottom look good but Indy's faces look a little bit off and Marion looks like a mutant.

raiders%20final_lrg.jpg?format=500w

Oldman as a Star Wars villain? I dig it.

Oldman in any role. I dig it.

Think what you want of this film, but Oldman's performance was top notch.

Karol

His performances rarely are anything but top notch I find. One of those chameleon like actors who completely disappear into a character. Which of course would make it awesome if he was hired for the new SW film.

that poster artist is good, i like it.

Specially if struzan retired for ever and does not want to return even for SW or Indy films.

He is copying struzan style blatantly (heck even signature is alike) but if struzan doesnt care, who should.

I hope abrahms hires him more.

Karol

Mesmerizing. And it was a very hard performance to pull off. It is very melodramatic

Karol

Mesmerizing. And it was a very hard performance to pull off. It is very melodramatic

Someone had to balance Keanu Reeves' wooden acting with flamboyant melodrama in that film!