The Force Awakens For Your Consideration (FYC) Album

Jay

I showed a friend, an eBay expert of sorts, the bids, and they believe a high-feedback user is going to win, and that that person is only buying it to resell as a collectible, as evidenced by the feedback.  That is, I wouldn't expect a rip to result from this auction.  We'll probably see the same disc relisted at a higher price soon.

Holy cow, I can't believe it sold for only $405!  A group buy for that might have almost worked, just needed 20 guys willing to part with $20, or 40 guys for $10.

Oh well.

EDIT: Stefan, I've asked you repeatedly to please let the mods do the moderating.  It's not your place to remind others of the rules.  Let the mods do that.  Thank you.

How can people still not tell when BloodBoal is joking?

Anyways congrats on your win!

Definitely!  I am very happy to own the Tintin, War Horse, and Lincoln FYCs.  Still haven't been able to find Book Thief.

Book Thief was on there a little while ago, I've also seen it in a lot before. I, too have wanted FYCs that probably will never see the light of day. ): Anyways, as for TFA FYC, I think it is safe to assume it will be lossless, as all of the Disney FYCs and C&C scores I have are. I won't be eating this month, but hey, who needs to eat when you've got music? :-)

Please forgive my idiocy, as I've not really dealt with FYC scores before, but can someone explain why the FYC CD went for so much money when you could hear it for free on the website? 

3 minutes ago, leeallen01 said:

Please forgive my idiocy, as I've not really dealt with FYC scores before, but can someone explain why the FYC CD went for so much money when you could hear it for free on the website? 

For me, personally, it's for collection purposes. I now own the disk. Also, FYC disks will (usually) provide a lossless source for the music instead of the website's 160k MP3. Same reasons I'd pay a gazillion dollars for a Kung Fu Panda 2 FYC disk.

5 minutes ago, Drax said:

You won this small auction, outlander! But you won't win in the relisting! So it makes little difference!

We shall see about that.

I fully understand the desire for physical rare copies. One of my most treasured possessions is my one-off Vinyl from Abel Korzeniowski. He set up a competition on his facebook page for any one to review his Romeo and Juliet score, and he liked my review the most, so I won, and the prize was to personally choose my favourite pieces of his music, which he would then put on a one-off Vinyl for me. Then he sent it me with a thank you letter for being a fan of him and he signed the case. It's really cool to have something from a Composer, that is the only one in existence.

2 hours ago, Zaralyth said:

Nice lie. BloodBoal did not win the auction, I did.

Here is proof, a screenshot of the buy from MY PayPal account.

Capture.PNG

Holy crap, I was actually considering buyint it, but now seeing the crazy exchange rate, I'm glad I didn't. Stupid Canadian $. 

Great purchase though.