The Mandalorian SHOW discussion - Spoilers Allowed for all aired episodes

Faleel

It would make more sense if mandalorians only could put off their helmets in front of other mandalorians.

this eating thning is akward. Is like as if eating is in the same lot as pissing and dumping….

12 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

It’ll likely feature one, there’s already plausible theories that Luthen is an ex-Jedi, but I don’t expect the focus to shift to them and nor should it. If Luthen is a Jedi then that’s already a much more nuanced and more human take on a Jedi character than previous, barring the OT

Kanan jarrus from rebels arc looks rather human too.

btw if he is a jedi, his reveal is going to be awesome. They always do it that way.

So long story short, at the end of episode 3 when The Armorer asked Bo-Kattan "have you taken your helmet off since bathing in the waters?", she was REALLY asking "have you taken your helmet off in front of anyone since bathing in the waters?", I guess?

13 hours ago, Andy said:

Nah she just knows what their response would be. ;)

There's this cool dynamic now where on the one hand she's seemingly obviously (to me anyway) scheming for power and / or unification. But she also seems to be becoming aware that there's more going on than she knew about. She's less dismissive of the traditions of Mand'alor.

I'm a little surprised that we haven't seen the Dark Saber again or heard it mentioned. (I also want to know how she lost it.)

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

So long story short, at the end of episode 3 when The Armorer asked Bo-Kattan "have you taken your helmet off since bathing in the waters?", she was REALLY asking "have you taken your helmet off in front of anyone since bathing in the waters?", I guess?

Yup.

3 hours ago, Tallguy said:

I'm a little surprised that we haven't seen the Dark Saber again

We have seen it, on Din's belt when he bends over ;)

1 minute ago, A Farewell to Kings said:

We have seen it, on Din's belt when he bends over ;)

Did we? OK. Of all of the "This will probably be important" things, I would think that that would probably be important.

10 minutes ago, Andy said:

Those really look like AI made them. Why do they do character posters for non theatrical content?

For the DK books obviously!

Season 3 × Episode 5: The Pirate

I really love this episode. This felt like a lot of things came together and the 2 scenes at the end moved things forwards future episodes/seasons.

The whole sequence with the pirates coming back to Navarro was a great way to start the storyline again of what happened with Moff Gideon. Of course he didn't make it to trial, but that he was aided in his escape by Mandalorians was a great twist. I'm really curious what will happen with that. I really love Giancarlo Esposito, I would love to have him back. And I hope he gets a bigger role, because I always felt he was a bit underused here.

On that note, I'm not really sure what to think of The Armorer. I feel she has multiple agendas and she's playing Bo-Katan. I thought it very strange of her to ask for Bo-Katan to remove her helmet after 3 seasons of talk about that' no the way. I don't trust her.

Also great to see Gorian Shard again. I really liked his look and it was great to see him get used a bit more. At the beginning of the episode I thought he was really threatening, but at the end of the battle he became a bit of joke I thought. Nonetheless, his actions made for some great action scenes where everyone got to shine.

Few other things I really loved:

• That was Zeb, from Rebels!!!! I was so happy to see him. It was a great cameo and he looked terrific in live-action. Let's hope we get to see more of him in the Ahsoka show.
  • I also liked seeing Katie O'Brian again. And based on the look she gave at the end of the scene with Carson Teva, I feel she has aomething to do with Gideon's escape. It could be that she planted Beskar in the ship.
  • And again, the VFX really is top notch. But also a shoutout to the make-up department they also really do a great job.

Loved the Zeb cabeo hehe. Cant wait to watch the rebels crew in live action.

placing beskar in moff gideons rescue is something grand admiral thrawn would do….

i did not see him credited but was the ughnaut in the pirate sheep warrick davies? He really moved like him, and he has made uncredited cameos before…

Hot diggity! That was some damn good Star Wars!   

I’m sad that they likely killed Gorian Shard. He was a hoot, with his little Warthog mate, and his literal pirate ship’s wheel!:lol:  That was just terrific fun!

41 minutes ago, Andy said:

Hot diggity! That was some damn good Star Wars!   

I’m sad that they likely killed Gorian Shard. He was a hoot, with his little Warthog mate, and his literal pirate ship’s wheel!:lol:  That was just terrific fun!

Hey, Admiral Trench survived in TCW S2!

869699.jpg

On 29/03/2023 at 4:57 AM, JNHFan2000 said:

Of course he didn't make it to trial, but that he was aided in his escape by Mandalorians was a great twist.

I think it was planted, Mando was the one who captured Gideon, so the beef is already there, and the empire remnants have Beskar... I think, at least the Client had a bunch of it. Since Paz saying he should be deliver to them for execution basically was in the Previosly On, my mind went straight to "it's a trap".

On 29/03/2023 at 4:57 AM, JNHFan2000 said:

On that note, I'm not really sure what to think of The Armorer. I feel she has multiple agendas and she's playing Bo-Katan. I thought it very strange of her to ask for Bo-Katan to remove her helmet after 3 seasons of talk about that' no the way. I don't trust her.

From what I could gather, they have this rule for survivor, since they are always on the move and never safe, even from other Mandos since they were always in war, now they have a legitimate land and a possibilite for a peaceful future, there's also a bit of hope in the way she talks about unifying Mandalorians, my guess is that she's open to change and settle for good, making the helmet rule unnecessary.

The Mandalorian 3x05 The Pirate

I LOVED this, all of this!  I loved the way it started from Greef Karga's perspective as the pirates come back, over to the rebel New Republic pilot who takes the news to Coruscant where we got a nice scene from Tim Meadows, before finally going over to Din's Covert from there.  Once there I loved Paz's talk to the tribe around the fire, and then the whole action sequence, in the sky ad on land, to take back Navarro.  All great stuff!

And on top of all that we get two fun ending scenes, with The Armorer deciding that helmet-less Bo will lead to reuniting all the tribes of Mandalore, and the pilot finding evidence that Gideon escaped, and the Mandalores are being framed for it.

Completely awesome stuff all around!  I really like the swamp thing-esque pirate leader, he's great!

Thinking more about the way they are portraying The New Republic in the show.

The show seems to be going out of their way to make them seem like bad leaders.  We got Kane torturing Pershing 2 weeks ago, now Tim Meadows character being a kind of bumbling bureaucrat who easily gets manipulated by Kane into not helping people in need.  Maybe it's just supposed to be that things are actually good on most worlds, just crummy in the Outer Rim and in pockets that people don't know about.  I dunno.

It does seem like they are trying to write towards where things are in the sequel movies.  But at the same time, this is set 5 years after ROTJ and what, 25ish years away still from the sequel timeline?  It's a little weird.

But maybe we can look for clues in the music that there's going to be more to it than it seems?  First Goransson and now Shirley are using The March Of The Resistance to represent The New Republic.  Why would they do that if The New Republic are the bad guys?  Maybe the show's viewpoint on The New Republic will turn around by the end of the season?

If i was a rebel character from the rebellion i would be embarrased by th e new republic.

the are making it look really bad, not inherently evil but bureocrately incompetent and sometimes grey and fishy. The old republic got to that in thousands of years, and the rebels are there in a few years. Maybe anakin was right and a dictatorship is better…if it works… 🤨

I doubt F&F are taking a pro-dictatorship stance with their shows

We should probably wait till we've seen the whole season to figure out what they're up to

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

I doubt F&F are taking a pro-dictatorship stance with their shows

We should probably wait till we've seen the whole season to figure out what they're up to

No of course. I meant that it is ironic. They are making the sith being right.

in order to the first order to rule they need the republic to fail. The problem is the republic should not have failed (or at least, be failing) so soon

another problem is that the mandalorians being out of the goverment the makers can make the republic look bad and most people wont csre because we are on the side of the mandalorians. 

Yea that's my problem, only 5 years after ROTJ should be happy times for everyone still

Not happy (the empire remants are still out there) but confidently ruling as a just and strong government to whom every citizen can look 

I cant picture mon mothma being the chancellor of this republic

And it seems the admiral thrawn will attack this complacent republic in a few years… and the republic will win…and still will be make itself weak and lose against the 1st order a few years later. They will not have learnt anything….

It's seems to me that they are officially telling the story that the Republic was never going to be OK again just because a bunch of revolutionaries didn't like the Empire.

Who was going to join this New Republic that was going to be governing better than they were 30 or 40 years ago?

It's kind of depressing, but that's where they've been taking us since 2015. Even in the books it seemed that Skywalker's new Jedi Order was always one bad day from half the kids becoming pure evil.

Season 3 x Chapter 22: Guns For Hire

Another great episode!!

While watching I had a feeling that Bryce Dallas Howard was the one directing, and she was!! She's very good and each season the episodes she directed were some of the best.

Now as for all the guest appearances. Jack Black, Lizzo & Christopher Lloyd. That was soo cool!!! I thought all 3 of them did a wonderful job and it was great that Lloyd's character was a seperatist who really believed in what Dooku did.

This whole storyline felt, to me, like an '80's buddy-cop film. Since I love those types of films, I loved this. The way Din & Bo-Katan investigated what was going on was cool. All the one-liners (so funny). They really work well as a team.

And I liked the way Din made contact with the Ugnaught by speaking like them and mentioning Kuill. That was nice.

The droid chase through the street was fun. All the droids looked amazing (much better than they did in the prequels) and the way Bo-Katan uses her jetpack for small jumps etc is cool.

Then for the continuation of the main storyline. The duel was well done. I loved that it was quite brutal, but I would've loved the have at least some blood or anything. But I guess not because it's a Disney+ show.

Din's speech about how Bo-Katan defeated the one who defeated him was great. Even though that moment was in the previously on, I didn't think of the way that would work. His speech actually gave me goosebumps, I loved it.

We'll how it goes from here, I can't believe we have only 2 episodes left.

One thing I do find a bit odd is the way Grogu is handled. At the beginning of the season he was really part of the episodes and the story. But these last few episodes he's been mostly sidelined and used as the 'cutesy' character. I hope that in the last 2 episodes he has more to do. I'm kind of ready for him to speak to be honest.

1 hour ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Season 3 x Chapter 22: Guns For Hire

Another great episode!!

While watching I had a feeling that Bryce Dallas Howard was the one directing, and she was!! She's very good and each season the episodes she directed were some of the best.

Now as for all the guest appearances. Jack Black, Lizzo & Christopher Lloyd. That was soo cool!!! I thought all 3 of them did a wonderful job and it was great that Lloyd's character was a seperatist who really believed in what Dooku did.

This whole storyline felt, to me, like an '80's buddy-cop film. Since I love those types of films, I loved this. The way Din & Bo-Katan investigated what was going on was cool. All the one-liners (so funny). They really work well as a team.

And I liked the way Din made contact with the Ugnaught by speaking like them and mentioning Kuill. That was nice.

The droid chase through the street was fun. All the droids looked amazing (much better than they did in the prequels) and the way Bo-Katan uses her jetpack for small jumps etc is cool.

Then for the continuation of the main storyline. The duel was well done. I loved that it was quite brutal, but I would've loved the have at least some blood or anything. But I guess not because it's a Disney+ show.

Din's speech about how Bo-Katan defeated the one who defeated him was great. Even though that moment was in the previously on, I didn't think of the way that would work. His speech actually gave me goosebumps, I loved it.

We'll how it goes from here, I can't believe we have only 2 episodes left.

One thing I do find a bit odd is the way Grogu is handled. At the beginning of the season he was really part of the episodes and the story. But these last few episodes he's been mostly sidelined and used as the 'cutesy' character. I hope that in the last 2 episodes he has more to do. I'm kind of ready for him to speak to be honest.

Yeah...no. I'm seriously starting to question if you even have standards at this point if you've thought pretty much every episode of this season has been great. This one especially, complimenting the directing when this is the flattest and most visually unappealing episode of the show yet is beyond the pail at this point. I was shocked when the 'directed by Bryce Dallas Howard' credit came up, that was like watching a Robert Rodriguez directed episode, right down to the dodgy effects. Night and day comparison to Dallas Howard's episode in the Book of Boba Fett.

I'm fine if you disagree with me, but don't go and tell me I don't have standards and make it personal. There's no reason for that. You don't know me at all, and if I like it, so what. It might not be up to your standards, but what does that have to do with me liking something.

Fine if we agree, but keep comments like that to yourself

1 hour ago, JNHFan2000 said:

I'm fine if you disagree with me, but don't go and tell me I don't have standards and make it personal. There's no reason for that. You don't know me at all, and if I like it, so what. It might not be up to your standards, but what does that have to do with me liking something.

Fine if we agree, but keep comments like that to yourself

No, I won't. Because this attitude of just accepting the bare minimum or even praising it is exactly part of why the show is the way it is, otherwise I wouldn't care at all. People rail on negative appraisals with no substance yet positive appraisals with no substance seem to get a free pass. Pretty much all of your breakdowns have been 'it was great, I liked it when the thing happened because the thing happened, but this one thing was weird' and I'm just sitting there every week trying to bite my tongue but this episode just broke me. I am very sick of people giving this show a pass, "it was great that Lloyd's character was a separatist that really believed in what Dooku did" is something the character literally just exposited about themselves word for word, only to later regret their entire philosophy because the ruling lady said 'don't you think you should forgive us?'. This is what I mean by low standards, in what world would this be considered adequate let alone great character development in any other piece of media?