Kevin Kiner & co's AHSOKA (2023)

This guy points out that the one melody at the end of Episode 3 was indeed a theme for Baylan. Turns out it was also in my favorite music cue in Episode 1.

Morgan's Theme sounds cool too. 

For the fourth episode, Kevin Kiner and the music team really make it feel like a Star Wars TV show, embracing the Ludwig Göransson feel established in Mando; but then bringing their own sensibilities to it too. Hints of Williams, hints of solo string writing I’ve heard in Rebels and Clone Wars… it’s cool to witness. And it must be a thrill for them to be upholding the legacy.

2 hours ago, LB Makes Stuff said:

I really love what Kiner(s) (or David) did during the Jacen and Hera lightsaber moment. Some of it reminded me of Hook for whatever reason.

I keep finding that the closest it sounds to Star Wars it's probably David

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/ahsoka-vol-1-episodes-1-4-original-soundtrack/1706915174

Samples!!!

It's almost 2.5 hours. If that is the case for Vol. 2, we have almost 6 hours of music which would mean almost all the music.

1 hour ago, CGCJ said:

Still nothing of note for official series 3&4 soundtrack releases except that they really want it to be out there and we should let DisneyMusic know that they are wanted, which is what they've been saying for years.

What do I have to do? Go to their house?!?

After Ahsoka's first volume, can we make the conclusion that with these volumes from Disney series it's really the composers choice of how much music goes on there?

How is it that Kiner & Co. release 2+ hour albums and something like Mando S2&3, Moon Knight have so little music in contrast.

The folk at Disney are open to releasing so much music it seems, so why not do it for more stuff?

If only they could do the same for Clone Wars and Rebels. Granted, them being mostly sample-based is a bit of a letdown, but I'm pretty sure I'll buy them anyway.

4 CDs worth of music for an 8-episode show is a pretty solid release.

Just finished going through the soundtrack! Here's my spreadsheet.

As far as I can tell from what is used in the episodes it's only missing 1 cue from episode 2:
27:19-31:01 David Glen Russell's big action cue for Ahsoka & Marrock's duel on Correlia (02:42). I hope that it's just an error and Loyalists is meant to contain that cue as its easily the best cue of the episode and it being missing - especially as the only missing cue - is disappointing.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Why are the composers sometimes listed in column F, but sometimes listed in column G which is supposed to be for Notes?

When more than one composer is credited on a track I put them in the notes as it's not clear which of the credited composers did which of the included cues in a track.

49 minutes ago, CGCJ said:

As far as I can tell from what is used in the episodes it's only missing 1 cue from episode 2:
27:19-31:01 David Glen Russell's big action cue for Ahsoka & Marrock's duel on Correlia (02:42). I hope that it's just an error and Loyalists is meant to contain that cue as its easily the best cue of the episode and it being missing - especially as the only missing cue - is disappointing.

Indeed, noticed that as well. Loyalists stops right after Hera gets shot at by the big ship.

The rest in unreleased, which is a shame because it was really good.

And indeed weird to release 2 hour and 23 minutes worth of music, but not that. I'd change out the demo cue at the end for that.

2 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

I'd change out the demo cue at the end for that.

Yeah, surely an actual score cue should take precident over a source demo, especially if the actual source cue is already included! The inclusion of the demo suggested that everything was already included and it was added purely to ensure it was truly complete, but I guess not.

The album drops Friday September 15th, which is already is in most countries on our planet right now, even though its still Thursday for you and me.

7 hours ago, CGCJ said:

Why am I not surprised that David G. Russell would be the one with a missing cue? At least with "Battle of Yerbana" we got a mock-up. (Though that was still very weird.)

16 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

The folk at Disney are open to releasing so much music it seems, so why not do it for more stuff?

It's indeed baffling we get so much music for some shows/games and near-complete expansions for some movies, yet the bare minimum for others (and arguably the most popular stuff, ie. the JW scores).

Can only assume the composers themselves are responsible and Lucasfilm/Disney don't care either way. Which kinda contradicts Powell's comments about the Solo expansion (that nobody at Disney cared but he fought for it) and reiterates the depressing thought that Williams himself is stopping new SW expansions (which doesn't make sense if he ticked off on the 1993 and 1997 OT expansions).

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

the depressing thought that Williams himself is stopping new SW expansions (which doesn't make sense if he ticked off on the 1993 and 1997 OT expansions).

If only Mike could at least tell us what the situation is like... He surely knows. 

I doubt Williams was asked to listen and approve the 1993 box, 1997 2-CDs, or 2000 Ultimate edition.  That all really started when Mike started doing Wiliams expansions in the early 2010s.  All those old FSM expansions weren't sent for his approval either

23 hours ago, CGCJ said:

Did he sound a bit surprised to you too @CGCJ?

Making my way through the soundtracks so I can make theme suites for my YouTube channel. But I gotta say, the music has been spectacular on its own so far.

So far I've found themes for Baylan, Morgan, and the New Republic. Not sure if Shin has one tho.

Wish every Star Wars music release was this expansive.

17 minutes ago, Bofur01 said:

I haven’t caught up with the series yet, are there any JW quotes on the album?

Up till now there is a Imperial March quote in the final cue of the album.

In episode 5 there was a beautiful Force theme statement, which no doubt will be on Vol. 2

14 hours ago, Courtney Sees Ghosts said:

Making my way through the soundtracks so I can make theme suites for my YouTube channel. But I gotta say, the music has been spectacular on its own so far.

So far I've found themes for Baylan, Morgan, and the New Republic. Not sure if Shin has one tho.

Wish every Star Wars music release was this expansive.

Yeah, I don't think Shin has a theme, but Baylan's theme was a nice discovery when listening to the soundtrack, even if I had already picked up on that piano motif for his entrance in ep1. Also there's the Purrgils theme, which gets a lot of development in ep 5, but that is derived from Rebels I think, so it's not entirely original to this show, even if I think it shines here a lot more.

BTW, if you do those suites please share them here, as I usually love listening to those kind of fan-made compilations!

On 14/09/2023 at 11:19 PM, CGCJ said:

On 15/09/2023 at 12:11 AM, JNHFan2000 said:

Indeed, noticed that as well. Loyalists stops right after Hera gets shot at by the big ship.

The rest in unreleased, which is a shame because it was really good.

And indeed weird to release 2 hour and 23 minutes worth of music, but not that. I'd change out the demo cue at the end for that.

The Book of Boba Fett vol2 came with bonus tracks from the first set of episodes and I'm assuming that's because of people like you who were familiar with the shows' music and being vocal about major tracks missing... So... I wish everyone luck. :D

I only listened to episode1 BGMs thus far and I quite like it. Money well spent (although my frustration with Qobuz grows...). I hope the track you pointed out isn't forgotten.