What is the best track called "The Wedding" (or variations of that)?

Edmilson

There's a surprisingly amount of tracks on soundtrack albums named "The Wedding", just like there are many named "The Hunt". And the best part: most of them are great! Wedding scenes always seem to be a nice source of inspiration for talented composers.

Horner has perhaps the best tracks with that name:

Spoiler

JNH also scored a few weddings of his own:

Spoiler

There's also "The Ceremony" from Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, but because of the title of the track I feel like that would be cheating a bit :P

More weddings!

Spoiler

There's also the Finale from Attack of the Clones, but since John Williams didn't title his cue "The Wedding", then it can't appear here. That would be cheating.

And before some jerk inevitably makes that joke, here it is:

Spoiler

Now choose the best song for YOUR wedding!

Ones that haven't been mentioned

From Outlander

Spoiler

From 101 Dalmatians This truly is soooo beautiful. Outstanding work.

Spoiler

Tom & Jerry

Spoiler

That's a funny coincidence, because the very score I'm playing now - Armand Amar's BAB' AZÎZ - has a track called "The Wedding".

For me, there is no contest - JNH wins this all the way, with his track from WYATT EARP, in my opinion one of the most gorgeous love themes ever written.

But plenty of other good ones too, of course. iTunes lists 34 tracks in my collection with that name.

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

And before some jerk inevitably makes that joke, here it is:

Hide contents

Damn it! :lol:

But seriously...

There's also this:

Spoiler

And @Jurassic Shark forgot to mention Stephen Oliver.

But the winner is this:

Spoiler
3 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Is this cheating?

Unless it's this, of course:

Spoiler

Doyle has another near winner:

Spoiler

If it were combined with its following track, it would almost beat his Frankenstein:

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

And @Jurassic Shark forgot to mention Stephen Oliver.

I figured you know his name by now. 

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Also, there's two tracks called The Wedding on the Lady Jane album, not available on YouTube nor Spotify.

Close the thread. :lock2:

This thread is a SLOG to load now, especially on my phone, but also on my laptop. People are going YouTube crazy. Any chance people who have linked could put them in spoiler tags, as Geratewohl suggested, so I don't need to make myself a cup of coffee, clean the apartment, go out for groceries and paint a mural while I wait for it to load?

Better yet -- more WORDS, less videos. :)

5 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Did you add that later? Or did I miss it because I was subconsciously still looking for a YouTube embed (even though I failed to find it there myself)?

I'm sorry to say you missed it.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Better yet -- more WORDS, less videos. :)

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Also, there's two tracks called The Wedding on the Lady Jane album, not available on YouTube nor Spotify.

Close the thread. :lock2:

11 minutes ago, Thor said:

Any chance people who have linked could put them in spoiler tags

Thank you. That deleted all my YouTube links and I had to re-add them one by one. :mellow:

2 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Thank you. That deleted all my YouTube links and I had to re-add them one by one. :mellow:

Serves you well for being so YouTube crazy! ;) No, seriously, thanks! Hopefully, Edmilson and the others will follow suit.

11 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

@Edmilson Just a hint. If you already start the thread with all these embedded videos it will soon take forever to load it. Better put the videos in spoiler quotes. 

7 hours ago, Thor said:

Serves you well for being so YouTube crazy! ;) No, seriously, thanks! Hopefully, Edmilson and the others will follow suit.

Done :)

Weirdly, for me the page loaded normally with all the YouTube videos whether I was on WiFi or 4G. It's honestly a little hard to believe that my Third World country has faster internet than all of your rich and fancy First World countries... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Fenton's Shadowlands is  a favorite soundtrack, and it also has a track named The Wedding (although it doesn't feature the sublime main theme).

You can see here many tracks that you may have missed:

https://www.soundtrackcollector.com/catalog/search.php?searchon=track&searchtext=wedding

My favorite of all is The Secret Wedding from Braveheart.

Probably one of:

The Wedding from Legends of the Fall, Deep Impact or Wyatt Earp

Or I Don't Think Now Is the Best Time ('The Wedding' in the sessions, so it definitely counts) from Pirates 3. Pure Zimmer action fun.

Btw, if there's one thing that would nudge me to buy an expansion of Deep Impact, it's a complete remaster. The album is so quiet and hissy - I really hope it wasn't unrecoverably recorded like that. Beautiful, evocative summer score and a very rare case where Horner's extended melodrama actually works for me.