Rate ROTS on a scale of 1 to 10

JoeinAR

Rank ROTS from 1 to 10. 1 BAD, 10 EXCELLENT.  

62 members have voted

1. 1.

There is such a disparity of opinions, from Neil's to the other extreme where some of you are gagging on it in joyous rapture.

1=BAD

10=GREAT,

You know the old bread good, fire bad kind of thing.

I gave it a 6 btw, which is consitant with my 2.5 stars out of 4.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If 10 is great, I give it a 10. If 9 and 8 are also great, I give it those too, but that wasn't clear. Anyway, its great enough. Best movie in years.

Keep in mind, I'd also give Temple of Doom, Clash of the Titans, The Burbs, all 10's. So feel free to dismiss me, but I like what I like, regardless of controversy.

I give Ladyhawke a 7 and this was way better than Ladyhawke.

It's a solid number 2.  

Neil

I'm just curious. Do you base this on your fanatacism for Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back, or are you actually comparing it to all movies in general. If the second option I really want to know what recent JW movie is an 8 9 or 10. If none, you must sure think he's been choosing stinky movies lately.

the Burbs would have gotten a 1 from me, wretched film.

Seven, which is actually pretty good (in comparison with the other prequels, certainly). My 10s are reserved for the great films only, though.

9 from me. This was so much better than I could have hoped for after episodes 1 and 2. The story is far more simplistic in this film, more like the OT, and works so much better for it. Not nearly as many unnecessary red-herrings. Oh, and it's great fun all the way through. And damn, that green twi-lek is sexy as HELL!!!

Well, I gave it a 10. It's exactly the film I wanted it to be and I think it's pretty awesome.

Neil; just out of curiousity: what film(s) would you give a 10 (or 9)? Can you give a few examples?

Thanks!

I bet some of these may be among them (9 at least):

Star Wars

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Superman: The Movie

Raiders of the Lost Ark

:angry:

- Marc, hoping he's at least a bit right. :fouetaa:

Here are my ratings (also my imdb ratings)

Star Wars - 10

Empire Strikes Back - 10

Return of the Jedi - 7

The Phantom Menace - 5

Attack of the Clones - 6

Revenge of the Sith - 6

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - 9

Clash of the Titans - 8

The Burbs - 6

Ladyhawke - never saw it

To complete the Indy trilogy...

Raiders of the Lost Ark - 10

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 7

Jeff

Hahaha!!!! Nice one!!! Star Trek The Motion Picture and Superman the Movie!!!! That would be something!!!

:fouetaa:

10s would be Raiders of the Lost, Star Wars, Superman - The Movie, Goldfinger, The Untouchablesand maybe just a few others. This is of course going on the belief that there is such a thing as a perfect 10.

And as much as I love Star Trek - The Motion Picture, it's not a 10. Maybe an 8 or a 9.

Neil

And as much as I love Star Trek - The Motion Picture, it's not a 10.

I had a feeling like that.

- Marc, who's handed out lots of 10s actually. :fouetaa:

Hahaha!!!! Nice one!!! Star Trek The Motion Picture and Superman the Movie!!!! That would be something!!!

:fouetaa:

laugh it up fuzzball,

afterall you just gave a movie a 10, that has a horrible 1st hour, that is pure dreck.

Movies I would give a 10, E.T., Jaws, Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark(the only Williams films I would give a 10), King Kong, Bride of Frankenstein, A. Sims' A Christmas Carol, and there are others.

I give it a 6/10 or a 3/5. While I don't hate the first half like Joe I find more problems with the second half. While it's servicably emotional it could have been done with so much more granduer. For example, the scene which is scored with "Padme's Ruminations" where Mace Windu and posse are going to arrest Chancellor Palpatine. The tension here could have been upped ten fold here with some parellel editing between Padme thinking and some shots of the Jedi approaching the Chancellor's quarters.

There are so many examples of where the scenes were done servicably well but were certainly not done with much stylistic flair. Just my opinion.

Justin - Who also didn't like the final shot. (Yes, end it with the two most annoying people from the last film. Yay?)

I gave it an 8, even though I'm wishing I sort of gave it a 9. Although maybe not. 9's are for films like TESB, RotLA, Last Crusade, Superman, First Contact, Master and Commander. 10s are for truly excellent films like most Peter Weir films (particularly Fearless), Pulp Fiction, Straight Story, etc.

I keep thinking that RotS is bad because it's a prequel, then I think about the actual movie and realize it's fairly flawless compared to TPM and AotC. Stacked up to other movies, it could do more to make its viewing a more savorable experience. Aside from that, it's still a fantastic movie.

First viewing was a lot of fun,the most fun I had at the movies in a long time.Second time it was still good,but the flaws became more apparent,some of the so so acting became more noticeable,the many transitionnal shots of ships flying from point A to point B get distracting,even if they are beautiful.

K.M.

Pulp Fiction a 10, that film is trash, no way is it a better film that Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Pulp Fiction a 10, that film is trash, no way is it a better film that Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!

Greg - who would be hard pushed to give Pulp Fiction more than a "2" in a poll like this.....

Pulp Fiction is great, but not a 10 at all. I give it a 7/8. It would've been a solid 8 if it weren't for that boring middlesection (The Gold Watch).

Loses that half a point because of Padme annoyingly dying of a broken heart, even though she's having twins. Slight unforgivable cop-out, and one I was very much hoping wouldn't happen even as far back as those early TFN plot theories back in the pre-AOTC days. But thankfully, the movie doesn't suffer too much from that.

who voted it a 1?

I certainly doesn't deserve a 1, not that it deserves a 10, or 9 for that matter, but if you are going to vote it a 1 have the guts to admit it, and why.

avg. rating of 7.633 so far, not bad.

Justin, what's annoying about Owen and Beru? Just curious, but I dound those two pretty on the spot in AotC...

"This is my girlfriend, Beru."

Justin - :sigh:

How is that line 'annoying'? Sure it's a little clunky, but it's not over-the-top or unrealistic. IMO, they didn't have enough screen time to qualify for 'annoying'

How is that line 'annoying'? Sure it's a little clunky, but it's not over-the-top or unrealistic. IMO, they didn't have enough screen time to qualify for 'annoying'

Even if they aren't annoying this still doesn't justify ending the entire Star Wars Saga on them.

Justin - Who figures the saga would end on....oh I don't know....Vader?

Obviously Lucas wanted to end a more upbeat note, suggesting 'a new hope'

They are holding the future.

(which is not bad but Star Wars used to be a bigger place)

----------------

Alex Cremers

But why should we care about these people, who across three movies may have about 10 minutes of screentime? I really wanted to see Obi-Wan walking off into the sunset.

Neil

But why should we care about these people, who across three movies may have about 10 minutes of screentime?  I really wanted to see Obi-Wan walking off into the sunset.

Neil

I guess Lucas thought that would be resembling too much Battlestar Galactica's last episode.

And it's not Owen and Beru that are important, it's what they are holding. They are holding the three original episodes.

Rots is solid 6 for me.

Movies for 10 is 2001; Jaws; Once upon a time in America; American Beauty; Pulp Fiction; E.T.; Star Wars; The Empire Strikes Back and some others.

I give it a 9, although that's the first viewing, it's a great movie because it actually has a good plot for the first time since Jedi. Although it's not flawless, anakin's conversion to the dark side is not totally convincing, he's converted too easily. It's missing good comic characters like han solo and the droids aren't used as good as they were in the original trilogy.

And I was very pleasantly surprised about the movie, because I regarded AOTC as plan 9 from outer space on big budget. :/

My ratings

TPM: 2

AOTC: 3

ROTS: 9

ANH:9

TESB:10

ROTJ:10