John Williams themes ARE in GoF!

King Mark

Well,I hope my eyes aren't deceiving me and it's the right John Williams,but here's the GoF Internationnal Poster,and John Williams name IS in the credits:

http://www.fi-sci.net/index.php?option=com...d=283&Itemid=44

hp4intl.jpg

aaagh,it's driving me nuts,I can't read what it says besides his name.

K.M. Faster than Mugglenet ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,I hope it says something like"New Themes Composed".Williams does have some free time right now.Something like CoS was originally meant to be.I'm probably hoping for too much,but in any case it's important enough to have his name on the poster,something which probably wouldn't happen if only a few subtle quotes of Hedwig's Theme were used.

K.M.Wondering what that mystery credit is.

Doyle probably threw a hissy fit when they told him he had to use the majority of old themes. They brought back the old Effects team, why not the music?! But I doubt that's truth.

And why does Rupert almost look like an ugly woman in that poster? His hair is almost longer then Hermione's.

Tim

I'm thinking it could just say "Harry Potter theme(s) by..."  

That's all I can get though. I hope it's only his old themes though; Doyle's perfectly capable of his own new ones.

I agree. I kind of can read "Harry Potter theme by"

Speaking of... things... the poll on Mugglenet asks what people thought of the trailer. Out offour options, one is " WOOHOO!! But I'm a little disappointed in the music". I thought it was a bit odd to ask in a poll like that.

I magnified it and it does seem to say "Harry Potter Themes By John Williams".There's definately an "s" at the end of the what i think is the "theme" word.I wonder if Doyle had to re-write parts of the score to include Williams music or if it was the plan all along?Doyle did say he wrote a bunch of themes,maybe they weren't good enough.

I'm just saying it could be significant because Williams name is on the actual poster and not just some mention in the End Credits.After all the Poster credits usually are the most significant ones.And no mention of whoever wrote the Weird Sisters songs.

K.M.

I'm just saying it could be significant because Williams name is on the actual poster and not just some mention in the End Credits.After all the Poster credits usually are the most significant ones.And no mention of whoever wrote the Weird Sisters songs.

And Marian gets dissed for overthinking things. I think it's just that it's a commercial aid to have John Williams' name in the poster - not to mention a helpful clarification in case people hear music from the previous movies (i.e. leitmotifs) and see it credited to somebody else.

After all, movie posters are made for casual, careless movie-goers. Convinced fans are already going to see the film.

Hedwig's theme simply has to be used, and not even Doyke can get away from that. Other than this theme, the only theme I really think should be used is the You-Know-Who/Voldemort theme. With the absence of the other themes I can live with. I just want to hear those 2.

I magnified it and it does seem to say "Harry Potter Themes By John Williams".There's definately an "s" at the end of the what i think is the "theme" word.I wonder if Doyle had to re-write parts of the score to include Williams music or if it was the plan all along?Doyle did say he wrote a bunch of themes,maybe they weren't good enough.

There's also the possibility that some of Williams' music for the first three films was used in place of original music, hence the Williams credit. We got the same recording of the Star Wars theme for all three prequels, I can see them recycling music for the Harry Potter main title as well.

Jeff

Ummm... wasn't DREW STRUZAN'S poster the main Philosopher's Stone poster. And it's a shame they didn't use Drew's Chamber of Secret's poster

Drew Struzan's artwork for PS/SS was for the US poster. The one I put down was the International sheet.

I definitely wouldn't want any kind of cut-and-paste job with Williams' themes. I'm hoping Doyle just used a couple (including Hedwig's Theme, of course) within his own score.

Ray Barnsbury

I just am not gung ho about even seeing this movie. Out of all three I thought the first one was so original and the best. Harry Potter, get a haircut! All of you little witches and wizards should get one. It would be nice to hear a Window to the past on this score, even though I dont plan on getting it. Peace!

And Marian gets dissed for overthinking things.

LOL

It'll be Hedwig's Theme for the main titles, and perhaps one or two other themes once or twice in fitting places throughout the score. Nothing more I guess... and hope. The mere idea of Williams writing themes and having Doyle score the movie with them is (sorry) insane. And the resulting score would be really poor.

Marian - wondering if people will get so hostile when in twenty years Doyle leaves the fourth part of some series to another composer. :)

;) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Joby Talbot)

Ummm... wasn't DREW STRUZAN'S poster the main Philosopher's Stone poster. And it's a shame they didn't use Drew's Chamber of Secret's poster

Drew Struzan's artwork for PS/SS was for the US poster. The one I put down was the International sheet.

Ewwwwwwwwww! I don't like it at all

-Erik-

I hope Doyle does something interesting with the themes and is not a hack job in the movie LOL MSM, thanks for your sig. It's refreshing to see how much Harry has changed.

That's puberty for ya. And there was already quite a difference if you compare parts of CoS with parts of PS/SS. Imagine what it'll be like by the time we get to part 7 (assuming the cast makes it that far, which they in all likelihood will).

harry1.jpg

Philosopher's Stone (2001)

harry2.jpg

Chamber of Secrets (2002)

The GoF teaser does a pretty good job of showing the difference too, for all three leads (the shots above just keep popping out at me each time I watch the first two films).

r_trl_fulltease01.jpg

r_trl_fulltease02.jpg

r_trl_fulltease03.jpg

r_trl_fulltease04.jpg

r_trl_fulltease05.jpg

r_trl_fulltease06.jpg

r_trl_fulltease07.jpg

r_trl_fulltease08.jpg

r_trl_fulltease09.jpg

r_trl_fulltease10.jpg

r_trl_fulltease11.jpg

r_trl_fulltease12.jpg

I think Doyle will be using Hedwig's theme and the "friendship" theme, or however you want to call it (the one in Harry's Wondrous World).

I wouldn't even be surprised if Williams' old themes would outdo Doyle's new ones.

God, why am I so pessismistic today?

No, wait, I know: our election results ....

Well,that Mugglenet site still hasn't caught up on the news.There distracted by the windswept hair effects of the characters to notice important details like we do.

K.M.

God, why am I so pessismistic today?

No, wait, I know: our election results ....

So can I make a subtle political refrence in another thread?

Justin

He's clearly referring to the Geisha vs. GOF thread.

Neil

John Williams themes ARE in GoF!

Thats good. I hope John Williams themes are incorporated into Doyle's score, instead of cut and paste from previous HP films.

Yeah, it definitely says "Harry Potter Themes by John Williams." What good news!!! I'm kinda starting to think that not only will GoF have Hedwig's Themes, but all of the major themes from the previous three scores, like Harry's Wondrous World, Fawkes the Phoenix, Windows to the Past, and so on. After all, why else would it say in plural THEMES??? Patrick Doyle just wrote the themes for the new characters, the underscore, and conducted the whole thing (or not). Or am I being too optimistic (or pessimistic, depending on how you look at it).

Granted Patrick Doyle IS one talented composer, but he may be not up to such a huge blockbuster yet . . . after all, what is the biggest movie he's done so far? Bridget Jones? Sense and Sensibility?

My two cents.

:folder:

Finally there's another girl besides Hermione. They look good btw, especially them :)

Yeah, they both look great, but can you believe the other girl (forgot her name -- Flora, maybe?) is 22 in real life??? She looks the same age as Emma.

:sigh:

I think that Doyle opted to use Williams themes where he felt they were good and uses his own themes where they fit. I don't think that he was forced to used some specific themes. He's smart enough to know he can't open the picture without Hedwig's Theme playing.

can you believe the other girl (forgot her name -- Flora, maybe?) is 22 in real life??? She looks the same age as Emma.

She's not looking very feminine, I guess that was a condition at the auditions ROTFLMAO