Lost

Mr. Breathmask

It seems Sun has a plan in motion to get revenge on Widmore.

Revenge on Widmore? She knows that Keamy worked on his own in regards to blowing up the freighter, I think...

I think she wants to worth WITH Widmore to find the island again.

I betcha she got money from Hurley to do the hostile takeover of Paik.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No she already told her dad that the money was from Oceanic's settlement.

Just her body language and facial expressionm makes me wonder, plus we still have several years to still fill in.

I hope next year will focus on the post coffin visit times and not linger in the time in between ,We know what happened to everyone who came back already.

There are a ton of things I wonder if we'll ever get answers to.

I guess this summer I need to sit down and watch the DVDs of the first three seasons to see if I missed anything or forgot that it was explained.

It's been a while, and after so many mysteries, lies, and answers, I may be confused, but wouldn't Locke get off the island the same way Ben did all the time? The Others seem to be able to come and go as they please, especially if the island's safety is in the balance. There's still another boat on the island, isn't there? Or was that one blown up, I can't remember?

And we STILL need answers to why all the dead people keep showing up.

Still plenty of mysteries to get answers to.

Cannot wait until next season, best finale yet!

I really wasn't expecting the

Desmond Penny reunion.

That one surprised me too, although I should have seen it coming.

Other than that, I thought the episode was (for once) too predictable.

yeah,but it exists.I thought the island was going to move "figuratively"

I don't think it was moved physically, but really moved in time, as everyone had been expecting.

The one thing I kept wondering about throughout the episode (because it was the one thing aside from the "everything as everybody had been expecting" stuff) was who the guy in the coffin would be. And when Ben showed up at the end, even that was too clear.

A nice episode, but somewhat of an anticlimax for this season.

Michael is dead. He served his purpose.

Likely. Although Hurley did seem to imply that they were lying to protect everyone left on the island - including Michael.

Jin is dead. No way he could have survived that, he was right on the deck.

With Lost, I wouldn't count on that.

Ben teleported to Tunisia right after he turned the wheel.

How do we know where and when he went? It's rather obvious though that he at least left *somewhere* then or shortly after. Perhaps he didn't even have to; it might just have been his own decision to leave Locke in charge so he can take care of his business off the island.

Things are duplicated when placed in the "time machine."

Why?

Locke is now Jeremy Bentham, who is a 19th century philosopher.

Or he simply took this name.

Something bad still happens. That's why Locke came to see Jack.

That much is certain.

What happened to the people in the raft enroute to the boat?

Turned back and went back to the island? Perhaps they even picked up Jin first.

Why does Claire want Kate to keep the child away from the island?

Or does she? It *might* have been a dream, plus do we actually know those ghosts are the people they look like?

Whay happens to Desmond and Penny?

Live happily ever after until one of them returns in the second half of the next season would be my guess. ;)

Annoyingly, the board has a limit on the maximum number of quotes per post...

Michael is dead. He served his purpose.

Likely. Although Hurley did seem to imply that they were lying to protect everyone left on the island - including Michael.

I am 100% certain Michael is dead. Christian said "You can go now, Michael," meaning he's screwed. Hurley was probably just refraining from telling Walt his father is dead.

How so? When people die on Lost, they die. Unless by some slim chance Jin escapes the boat and dives deep enough and far enough to escape the explosion, he might live.

How do we know where and when he went? It's rather obvious though that he at least left *somewhere* then or shortly after. Perhaps he didn't even have to; it might just have been his own decision to leave Locke in charge so he can take care of his business off the island.

He's wearing the same Halliwax jacket. I'm pretty sure if he went somewhere else in between he wouldn't keep the winter coat for the desert.

Things are duplicated when placed in the "time machine."

Why?

Why? I don't know. But things get duplicated, watch the Orchid orientation video.

Locke is now Jeremy Bentham, who is a 19th century philosopher.

Or he simply took this name.

That's what I meant, just noting how they like to allude to many philosophers and psychologists.

How so? When people die on Lost, they die. Unless by some slim chance Jin escapes the boat and dives deep enough and far enough to escape the explosion, he might live.

Meaning we haven't seen him dead. With Michael I'm 99% sure. With Jin, I'd say he has a 50% chance of survival.

I wouldn't be suprised if Jin is really dead, after all I believe Daniel Dae Kim did have a run in with the Honolulu police for supposedly driving drunk.

We know what happened to the other three actors/actresses who had a similar problem.

We know Ben went directly to Tunisia because he is still bleeding from his wound he got from falling down the ladder.

We know Ben went directly to Tunisia because he is still bleeding from his wound he got from falling down the ladder.

Ah yes, I remember the scene now.

I really have to watch the whole thing again from the beginning.

Even though Michael is probably dead, I have a feeling we'll see him again. Christian showing up could indicate that Michael will join him and Claire with Jacob (and perhaps other dead people).

Speaking of Claire, my only gripe with this episode was that nothing was elaborated on what happened to her. Is she dead? Most evidence points that way, but if so, how?

I have a feeling that Kate will self-destruct in a similar way that Jack and Hurley did when off the island. Her dream with Claire looks like a sign of that (ala when Jack saw Christian and Hurley saw Charlie).

I don't think Claire is dead. It's possible, but I just don't know. Another big question is, did Desmond know all of this was going to happen? Does he still have his flashes? He told Charlie he saw Claire and Aaron get in a helicopter, but that is most definitely not what happened.

I don't think Claire is dead. It's possible, but I just don't know. Another big question is, did Desmond know all of this was going to happen? Does he still have his flashes? He told Charlie he saw Claire and Aaron get in a helicopter, but that is most definitely not what happened.

Desmond is one of my favorite characters. His whole story was great. I hope he's not done with the show. I know he'll be back at some point (probably), but I really hope it's for more than one episode or so.

I think it would be quite easy to bring Jin back. Remember he was near the end of the boat, and the explosion was at the other side of the boat, he could have jumped off the boat as it exploded. I think it would be easier to survive that explosion, than to be able to survive the long swim back to the island. And not only that but do it in time for it to move....

Desmond is one of my favorite characters. His whole story was great. I hope he's not done with the show. I know he'll be back at some point (probably), but I really hope it's for more than one episode or so.

We will definitely see him again as a regular character. His story is not finished yet, remember Ben told Widmore he was going to kill Penny.

Perhaps not, because he originally didn't come there with the rest of the group either.

I think it would be quite easy to bring Jin back. Remember he was near the end of the boat, and the explosion was at the other side of the boat, he could have jumped off the boat as it exploded.

Yes. And the fact that we don't see a spectacular effects shot with him running and the boat exploding under his feet makes it more likely.

I think it would be easier to survive that explosion, than to be able to survive the long swim back to the island. And not only that but do it in time for it to move....

Interesting line of thought. Jin could have escaped the boat but missed the island. Perhaps he was left floating on some piece of wreckage and ended up on the small sister island (which I believe we still haven't seen).

I didn't think the writers would devote the entire season to the rescue process, so I can't begin to imagine what's in store for the final two seasons. Like many people, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy.

As far a all this talk about Jin still being alive: If he really is alive, it will be the greatest copout in the history of the show. If he appears as a ghost, fine. But if he walks into Sun's home as if nothing happened or washes up on the island post-move, I'm going to be real pissed.

As I said, we don't see him die, and it doesn't look like any on the plane actually does. The last shot of him is running along the ship, close to the edge.

I'd expect S5 to be about the return to the island. Which seems kinda odd at the moment, but then Lost tends to be switch to an entirely different context each season.

Perhaps not, because he originally didn't come there with the rest of the group either.

Fate still brought him to the island, even though it was in an entirely different way than everyone else.

As I said, we don't see him die, and it doesn't look like any on the plane actually does. The last shot of him is running along the ship, close to the edge.

You don't need to literally see him physically get caught in the explosion to know he's dead. We didn't see Michael physically die, but we know he's dead cause the ship blew up!

Jin is dead, impossibility of survival. Besides, they were circling the aftermath in the helicopter, they would have seen him.

On another note: Sawyer whispers

"I have a daughter in Albuquerque, you need to find her, tell her I'm sorry"

to Kate right before he jumps out of the helicopter.

This explains what Kate was doing for Sawyer that Jack was concerned about in their flash-forward. It's not really a spoiler, you can hear it clearly if you listen very carefully.

You don't need to literally see him physically get caught in the explosion to know he's dead. We didn't see Michael physically die, but we know he's dead cause the ship blew up!

Jin is dead, impossibility of survival. Besides, they were circling the aftermath in the helicopter, they would have seen him.

There was time for Jin to jump off the boat though. Clearly Michael has to be dead because there's no way he could've escaped and the explosion was immediately after Christian's line. We didn't see Jin cuaght in the explosion, so you can't say that you know he's dead.

I got teary with the Penny/Desmond reunion. Wasn't expecting that, but it was the emotionally uplifting moment in a bittersweet finale. I thought Desmond's episode this season was one of the best too.

Great episode. The most powerful finale so far. It seemed more climactic. There aren't many major characters on the island that are alive

(Rose, Bernard, Juliet, Claire and Sawyer).

I wonder where this show is going. Fourth season and I'm still hooked. It's unheard of!

:)

Karol

Oh my. Great stuff. I'd watch this show just for the music by the way, if everything else wasn't so damn good as well.

No new Lost until January 2009. Damn!

By the way, just in case, they shot two alternate endings for the finale. You can view them here.

I'm not the type of guy who easily get enthusiastic, but this Season Finale was friggin' AWESOME! I was on the edge of my seat for the whole game, every single element was top-notch (acting, directing, cinematography, editing, production design and of course Giacchino's marvellous scoring) and the final moments were absolutely stunning.

Kudos to the whole creative team (Damon and Carlton above all) for making some of the best, most clever and emotionally satisfying entertainment ever seen on television.

By the way, just in case, they shot two alternate endings for the finale. You can view them here.

Deliberate spoiler swerves or are they really just making it up as they go? :P

;)- Roar (Giacchino)

Although the finale was indeed very good, I wouldn't say it was better than last season's "Through the Looking Glass". That episode was a revelation, it renewed my faith in the show.

I've enjoyed this season but there's been a nagging sense that things are getting to convoluted. The loyalties and alliances have become so blurred, I sometimes feel like there's crucial plot points I'm missing. Or maybe its something about trying to keep track of all of the indidvidual motivations and how they cross one another. There's less a sense of having someone to root for though I'm sure that was the whole idea - to create complicated, flawed characters who are trying to do good within their own messed-up universe. I should have seen it coming since the so-called bad guys from the beginning were called "The Others" which was probably an attempt at metaphor for the way we create tribal loyalties against whatever the other group is out there, who are usually not understood. Not that the Others look that great now but we can kind of see how they are the ones concerned for the welfare of the island and looking for a spiritual purpose which probably puts them more on the "right" side than the other protagonists were able to see. Though an explantion of the kidnapping of chilcren is in order unless I missed that.

- Adam

It seems they shot these alternate finales just to create confusion about spoilers. And it seems they succeeded.

Yeah, they shot these 3 to confuse cast and crew members so they wouldn't be able to leak the end online. Good thinking, considering last season's finale was entirely spoiled for me by some idiot online who decided not to put a spoiler warning.

So who else agrees, the Sayid vs. Keamy fight was the greatest fight on television...ever?

The energy in that editing and choreography and music and just about everything was unbelievable.

It only made sense for Locke to be in the casket.

My thoughts:

Claire will eventually become the focus of the rescue mission, I think. I don't think she's dead. She's only appeared in a dream, not in person as a dead vision.

Charlie said that he saw her and Aaron getting onto a helicopter.

Series finale: After going back to the island and reunited Aaron with Claire (for whatever reason, babies and mothers seem to be important to the other), they get on a helicopter and go home after accomplishing whatever the island wants from everyone).

Season 5: Jack trying to get people back to the island; finding the island; Sayid continuing work for Ben, Sun/Widmore vs. Ben, Locke and the Others dealing with Sawyer and Juliette.

Season 5 finale: They finally return to the island, only to find things have gone very, very badly.

Season 6: Conclusion (obviously). Many mysteries eventually solved, the importance of babies and mothers, who the Others are, to bookend with Season 1, Jack and Jacob's confrontation coinciding with Desmond killing Ben while protecting Penny.

Thoughts?

So who else agrees, the Sayid vs. Keamy fight was the greatest fight on television...ever?

The energy in that editing and choreography and music and just about everything was unbelievable.

It was really good. Kind of like when Anakin and Obi-Wan couldn't outdo each other in ROTS. :P

Karol

Keamy was a great villain. Not because of the way it was written, but because of the way he was protrayed by the actor. Just look at his eyes. There is so much going on in there.

I have to admit, even though the finale to season 2 is still the best one in the show, I am very impressed with how the writers use their finales to wrap up a whole season while setting up a whole new one at the same time. Just like season 3.

I was surprised by how many dots they connected, between the flash forwards and and the present (even though the "present" seems more and more like flashbacks to me). I just love the concept that the finale of season 4 ends with something just a few minutes after the season 3 finale.

I like how the past couple of episodes have refocused on Jack- I was really getting bored of the character earlier in the season. I'm dissapointed we didn't get more info on Miles and Daniel in this season. They really added a lot to the show.

Some great music in the episode- particularly notable are the two cues when the chopper takes off, first from the island, then from the boat.

Nice finale, I think it needed the 2 hours. Did a good job of explaining a lot of things and the final revelation was a pretty big shock.

I'm a bit concerned that the whole moving the island thing was going a bit too far, even for Lost. I'm keeping the hope that they've got an absolute whopper to end this whole thing and that everything will eventually be explained.

Just saw it, it was great and fulfills all expectations!

One gripe is that, while season 1 was a tad too slow with the 'answers', they now seem to move just a little bit too fast, and if I'm not mistaken, to cut a season down to 14 episodes was because of the complaints of the public? I don't think they move too fast now in the sense that we lose track of things, never underestimate the viewer, but in the sense that I feel they've cut interesting back stories, such as more about Miles, Daniel, Keamy, as well as the familiar characters. And it wouldn't have hurt, what with all the connections that have been made.