On 9/27/2019 at 6:39 PM, Edmilson said:

Bumblebee's Travis Knight to direct Uncharted movie adaptation, with Tom Holland as Nathan Drake, due to release on December 2020:

https://deadline.com/2019/09/uncharted-travis-knight-direct-tom-holland-sony-playstation-movie-nathan-drake-bumblebee-1202744152/

A Marianelli Uncharted score may be really good, especially if he uses Greg Edmonson's classic theme!

Too much to ask that they would've just assumed that sales of 41 million means that enough people already know who Nathan Drake is without this having to be an origin story, I guess. Would've preferred something that shows him as an already fairly seasoned adventurer/treasure hunter, guy in his early 30s (Chris Pratt or similar, maybe?). Trying to think of a fiftysomething gruff-but-amiable-underneath sort who could be Sully, no-one springing immediately to mind. 

Indeed. I would love that the first Uncharted movie was about a more experienced and seasoned Nathan Drake just on an adventure to get a treasure.

Just look at the Indiana Jones franchise and the Uncharted games for inspiration: both on Raiders of the Lost Ark and Drake's Fortune the main heroes are already established adventurers and treasure hunters, and in no way a lack of a origin story makes the story hard to follow. Curiously, on both franchises, it's only on the third iteration that we have flashbacks of their first adventures as young teenage boys.

Good to see Mélanie Laurent again, she disappeared after Inglorious Basterds and Now You See Me

6 hours ago, Jay said:

As much as I love Clerks, the second film wrapped everything up nicely. Definitely didn’t need to continue it. 

Smith and Mewes tried to get onto Hot Ones to promote the Jay and Silent Bob reboot, but were declined, so they did their own parody:

He always intended to check in with these characters in their 40s, as Clerks 2 was showing us their 30s, and Clerks was showing us their 20s

On 10/4/2019 at 8:33 AM, Disco Stu said:

This movie starring Adam Sandler, but not "an Adam Sandler movie" if you know what I mean, is getting rhapsodic reviews.

He’s fantastic in this film. Great fun.

I read a review that this documentary about origins and history of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is surprisingly good.  It includes interviews with everyone from the toy company executives, to the artists, to the actors like Frank Langella and Dolph Lundgren.

That prompted me to go off and look at the MOTU franchise's Wikipedia page. A sequel to the movie was in development, but ultimately Cannon's financial woes meant they could no longer afford to pay Mattel for the rights to the characters. So its script was repurposed into the Van Damme flick Cyborg.    

I'm sure it will be amusing popcorn fluff I'll watch at home eventually.  Hopefully the score is good