Upcoming Films

Quintus

New trailer for The King's Man, the prequel of the spy franchise Kingsman, also directed by Matthew Vaughn:

I like the first Kingsman and dislike the second one - the only good thing about that movie, curiously, was Henry Jackman's and Matthew Margeson's score. Jackman, however, won't be scoring The King's Man, with the music being composed by Margeson and Dominic Lewis (mostly known for some silly kiddie comedies, like Free Birds and Peter Rabbit).

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

New trailer for The King's Man, the prequel of the spy franchise Kingsman, also directed by Matthew Vaughn:

I like the first Kingsman and dislike the second one - the only good thing about that movie, curiously, was Henry Jackman's and Matthew Margeson's score. Jackman, however, won't be scoring The King's Man, with the music being composed by Margeson and Dominic Lewis (mostly known for some silly kiddie comedies, like Free Birds and Peter Rabbit).

Dominic Lewis is great. He also does The Man In The High Castle. 

Frozen 2: Or How I Learned To Stop Hating And Let It Go

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Rasputin?  If they insist...

Hitchcock's one time doing it was fairly successful (although Rope is not among his best) but that entire film took place in one room, so it somewhat made sense.  This strikes me as potentially overly "look at my neat magic trick!" for a war movie.  But hey, maybe I'll eat humble pie on this.

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

Different. 

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Hitchcock's one time doing it was fairly successful (although Rope is not among his best) but that entire film took place in one room, so it somewhat made sense.  This strikes me as potentially overly "look at my neat magic trick!" for a war movie.  But hey, maybe I'll eat humble pie on this.

Didn't RUSSIAN ARK do sort of the same thing?

I didn't say it was never done before, Richard, but it's not common practice. And that's a good sign because I was slightly worried that 1917 would turn out to be quite conventional.

On 9/27/2019 at 6:39 PM, Edmilson said:

Bumblebee's Travis Knight to direct Uncharted movie adaptation, with Tom Holland as Nathan Drake, due to release on December 2020:

https://deadline.com/2019/09/uncharted-travis-knight-direct-tom-holland-sony-playstation-movie-nathan-drake-bumblebee-1202744152/

A Marianelli Uncharted score may be really good, especially if he uses Greg Edmonson's classic theme!

Too much to ask that they would've just assumed that sales of 41 million means that enough people already know who Nathan Drake is without this having to be an origin story, I guess. Would've preferred something that shows him as an already fairly seasoned adventurer/treasure hunter, guy in his early 30s (Chris Pratt or similar, maybe?). Trying to think of a fiftysomething gruff-but-amiable-underneath sort who could be Sully, no-one springing immediately to mind. 

Indeed. I would love that the first Uncharted movie was about a more experienced and seasoned Nathan Drake just on an adventure to get a treasure.

Just look at the Indiana Jones franchise and the Uncharted games for inspiration: both on Raiders of the Lost Ark and Drake's Fortune the main heroes are already established adventurers and treasure hunters, and in no way a lack of a origin story makes the story hard to follow. Curiously, on both franchises, it's only on the third iteration that we have flashbacks of their first adventures as young teenage boys.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

As much as I love Clerks, the second film wrapped everything up nicely. Definitely didn’t need to continue it. 

Smith and Mewes tried to get onto Hot Ones to promote the Jay and Silent Bob reboot, but were declined, so they did their own parody:

He always intended to check in with these characters in their 40s, as Clerks 2 was showing us their 30s, and Clerks was showing us their 20s