41 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm not sure if that's a serious question or a joke.

I was referring to the fact that the film contains a lot of classic rock songs. How many minutes of unreleased music is there?

35 minutes ago, W0$ said:

No, but the footwarmer sure is. 

That's really all you need.

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I was referring to the fact that the film contains a lot of classic rock songs. How many minutes of unreleased music is there?

Quite a lot. Think it's more than double what's on the album. The OST selection of cues is actually very solid but a lot of the tracks overlap with dialogue etc. We need this release.

Karol

10 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Quite a lot. Think it's more than double what's on the album.

I wouldn't have guessed that, but then it's quite a long time since I last watched the film.

9 minutes ago, Warrior of Wet Dreams said:

The OST would be fine if it weren’t for the dialogue. The cue selections are fine otherwise.

We need a score-free OST release such that the dialogue can really shine!

22 minutes ago, W0$ said:

Ever since Black Friday, I kinda forgot all about Intrada, actually. 

That's surprising, as I find the cover for one of their post-Black Friday releases rather unforgettable...I kinda thought that, once seen, it could never be unseen :o:

media.nl?id=16036&c=ACCT67745&h=e40df1a5

As soon as I get my physical copy you can bet I'll be turning my booklet around so this one is displayed...

media.nl?id=16037&c=ACCT67745&h=89b6db0e

Maybe a bit less memorable but also less embarrassing if someone should see it (unfortunately my wife already saw the front cover when I requested this as a Christmas present...lets just say it convinced her to get me something else).

Yavar

I'd never really paid attention to the contents of the Apollo 13 OST - hadn't realised how little score is on there. Albums like this feel very pretentious, like the composer is saying 'that's all the score you need to hear'.

Given how many songs there are, they should've done two albums, with the score album along the lines of Deep Impact.

26 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Consider me interested in Apollo 13! OSTs should NOT have dialogue.

If they've included the entire score and still have room, then I don't care what else they put on it. But not in this case...

2 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

That's surprising, as I find the cover for one of their post-Black Friday releases rather unforgettable...I kinda thought that, once seen, it could never be unseen :o:

As soon as I get my physical copy you can bet I'll be turning my booklet around so this one is displayed...

Maybe a bit less memorable but also less embarrassing if someone should see it (unfortunately my wife already saw the front cover when I requested this as a Christmas present...lets just say it convinced her to get me something else).

Yavar

Yeah... I'm done blind buying Goldsmith scores to movies I've otherwise never heard of and don't think I'll ever see. So I skipped this one. 

2 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Yavar

The main cover just looks like someone is massively enjoying a wank!

35 minutes ago, W0$ said:

Yeah... I'm done blind buying Goldsmith scores to movies I've otherwise never heard of and don't think I'll ever see. So I skipped this one. 

...which was a fault.

4 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

I'd never really paid attention to the contents of the Apollo 13 OST - hadn't realised how little score is on there. Albums like this feel very pretentious, like the composer is saying 'that's all the score you need to hear'.

They're right about that 80% of the time.

There's a big difference between releasing a packed 70 minutes or so of score and being relatively happy with that presentation, and doing a Varese 30/40-minuter and making the same judgement. Take Deep Impact for example - a packed album and I'm happy with Horner suggesting that that volume of music is sufficient for casual listening. I'm not ok with that same suggestion if you've only released half the score.

I LOVED the Armageddon score back in the day.  Haven't listened to it in a while though

I wonder if that will ever get a 2CD complete release.

Doug's Corner:

Next week we’re back on course with our newest soundtrack CD release. More accurately, it’s a 2-CD set to a terrific score by an Oscar winning composer. In fact, the score itself was an Oscar nominee. Artwork, contents and sound samples will be available here to peruse this coming Monday. The release will be available on Tuesday, January 15.

That's Apollo 13 alright.

Update from Doug Fake at Intrada:

Next week we’re back on course with our newest soundtrack CD release. More accurately, it’s a 2-CD set to a terrific score by an Oscar winning composer. In fact, the score itself was an Oscar nominee. Artwork, contents and sound samples will be available here to peruse this coming Monday. The release will be available on Tuesday, January 15.

I guess this settles it. Apollo 13 is a 2 CD set.

3 minutes ago, Amer said:

Update from Doug Fake at Intrada:

I guess this settles it. Apollo 13 is a 2 CD set.

Check out Holko's post 45 mins earlier. ;)

Lately there's a been a lot of people posting "news" who clearly didn't bother to look in the thread that they are posting it into to notice it's already being discussed.

I don't remember this happening much in the past.

What changed?

I've never been a fan of this score. Every time I see the film, I notice some nice bits, lots of overly schmaltzy cliche bits, bits that sound a bit like Sneakers but not as good, and not much else. But I've never had it on CD in any form, so I might give the new release a chance.

I happen to love this score a great deal, and have a copy of the Promo digitally, so this is a must buy.

The one thing that caught my eye was that this will be 2 CDs.

Perhaps the score on one disk, plus the promo on another?

50 minutes ago, OneBuckFilms said:

I happen to love this score a great deal, and have a copy of the Promo digitally, so this is a must buy.

The one thing that caught my eye was that this will be 2 CDs.

Perhaps the score on one disk, plus the promo on another?

It's more likely it will be the original album. Which means there will be no room for any alternates (it was about 72 minutes running time). But maybe I'm wrong.

It was my first Horner album and still one of my favourites. Not the most sophisticated or complex of his scores perhaps but really memorable and enjoyable.

Karol

11 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Probably to expensive, with all the songs.

I think sometimes the record label might demand the OST to be included. But, of course, I'd prefer an second disc to contain extra material. I'm not entirely sure there is any here. The complete score cocks at about 75 minutes (or thereabout).

Karol

I doubt if it will have the OST Program replicated here because of the dialogue and songs which would be a licensing nightmare for Intrada. It could be more like the THE ROCKETEER sound mix treatment. The Film mix on disc 1 (and this time with Alternates and bonus cues) and the FYC Promo presentation on disc 2 as alluded to by OneBuckFilms in a few posts above. So let's see..