The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

While Black Sunday is Paramount I believe a a majority of Williams' un-released scores are with Universal.

There are a wealth of highly requested scores from Goldsmith, Bernstein and Horner that were done for Paramount that have yet to see a release.

The one thing I really liked about La La Land is that they didn't pull all the tease crap like the other labels, I guess that's gone now.

It says it's a "two-fer" but do they mean two scores on one CD or on 2 CDs? Judging by the price, I'd say just 1 CD, so I guess both scores are relatively short. And I wonder if they are the complete scores of both, whatever they are. Hmmm... and wonder if they are even related films, besides being from the same composer. And since it says "no autographs available" that may mean the composer is no longer with us.

Questions, questions...

Yes it is 2 scores on one CD.

Well MV dropped some more hints at FSM. The composer is no longer alive.

I have a feeling it will be Goldsmith and the titles are probably already guessed within the thread at FSM.

Here's a little part of what MV said:

As for the mysterious title coming out on Oct 6 you will just have to wait and see. I promise you that if you are a film music fan chances are really good you will want this title, so set aside $20 and wait to see what it will be. About 75% of you will not be disappointed.

Part of me thinks it's going to be something I would really like, but then part of me knows I really don't fit in with the usual film music fan over at FSM.

If it's Goldsmith, it will probably be Players & Seconds.

I know most of you here will go huh? But these are two highly requested titles from Goldsmith's catalogue.

I.Q. is another Goldsmith score from Paramount, but I don't personally think it qualifies as an important hole in his vast catalogue.

I will also admit Elmer Bernstein could be a candidate but I think it's gonna be Goldsmith.

Could it be a Herrmann release? I don't think that the original recordings for scores like Psycho or The Trouble with Harry have ever been released and they're Paramount films. Also, I know Jerry wrote about 10 scores per year, but aren't they running out of Goldsmith stuff yet? It seems like there's a new Goldsmith release every month. Not that I don't like Goldsmith, but there's a lot of stuff by other composers that still needs released.

Huh?

Bah, you beat me to it. You're no fun anymore!

I always like to pick up just about any Jerry that's released, but as I said before I'm saving up for a lot of different things right now so I'm going to have to be blown away.

I know most of you here will go huh? But these are two highly requested titles from Goldsmith's catalogue.

Highly requested by Goldsmith fans or film score fans?

By FSM Message board Goldsmith fans

Hmmm, MV Gerhardt from LaLaLand just gave a hint on the FSM thread that one of the scores on the 2 for 1 could be Goldsmith's I.Q.

'IQ' does exist in rather perfect sound...i know, it's not legal but let's be realistic here for a moment: most everyone who so desperately wanted a copy got a copy by now.

Same goes for 'Players', which doesn't sound as good because it cries out for a big orchestra (at least for the Korngoldian moments) but was recorded with 40 musicians.

'Black Sunday', on the other hand, only had a shoddy bootleg release and the old Prague re-recording. In this case, my clear favourite is the Williams.

Hmmm, MV Gerhardt from LaLaLand just gave a hint on the FSM thread that one of the scores on the 2 for 1 could be Goldsmith's I.Q.

hurray! Another highly requested classic

The exact hint is

I don't knowwhere people get that IQ is 50 minutes long. The complete score isexactly 33:18 long (38 minutes total if you include two bonus cues). smile.gif

MV

Seems pretty definitive to me!

People seem to think it will be paired with Seconds, which is apparently 25 minutes in length. Players is apparently 45 minutes in length, so perhaps that will get a release of its own.

It will be I.Q & Seconds.

link

They will be availalble to order at LaLaLand's site at 12:00 Pacific time.

Here is the main title to Seconds:

Something new to play at halloween.

Though cool, I still wish Gremlins will see the light of day in it's complete form (not the 3 or so tracks that were officially released). Is it really that hard to release it? I thought for sure it would get released this month, though I guess there is still chance for that to happen from the other outlets, right? Being October, it would most likely come out this month if it were going to this year, I would think. Unless they save it for Christmas, since you could call Gremlins a Christmas film, too. :lol:

Anyway, may get this release to. Just by hearing the main titles of "Seconds" it sounds like a good horror score (and may have heard the main title theme before).

La La Land has already announced their next two releases:

Our next tworeleases come Oct 27. Since we are setting up a day and date signingwith Dark Delicacies for these two titles (and they need to let theircustomers know what the titles will be and who will be there) I willspill the beans on those releases:

CHILDS PLAY (LIMITED EDITION OF 1200 UNITS)

NIGHT OF THE CREEPS (LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS)

The plan is to have Tom Holland and Joe Renzetti sign Child's Play andFred Dekker and Barry DeVorzon sign Creeps for our website.

Dark Delicacies is scheduled to have Tom Holland, Fred Dekker and BarryDeVorzon at their store to sign the cds and respective dvd/blu rayreleases.

MV

• 1 month later...

La La Land will announce their last 3 releases of the year on black Friday

See you back here on Black Friday (Nov 27) when we announce our last 3 titles of the year!

Here's a hint: They will cost $19.98, $19.98 and $24.98. wink.gif

MV

PS Due to the holidays, the offices being closed at the end of the year, ever changing production schedules, manufacturing, and over all craziness of life in "La La Land" our release schedule was changed, so please do not expect an announcement this November 17th as was originally posted.

Thanks!

They go on sale Dec 1, but we figured since we did an announcement on Black Friday last year we would do the same thing this year to give you fine folks a heads up

MV

Perhaps the 2-disc set will be a Gremlins/Gremlins 2 two-fer. Although I'd happily snap up Scrooged (or anything Elfman for that matter!)

I would probably get Scrooged, I would love complete/ expanded Batman & Batman Returns. But what are the chances of BTTF and Batman on the same week? It would be heaven.

After the BTTF announcement is hard for me to be sad for Batman: TAS Vol.2, I do hope it comes out eventually though, the first one did very well I think, and there are a lot of good episodes yet to be released.