Am I the only one here who doesn't have Netflix?

Sharkissimo

We canceled it about a year ago. I had been a member since they started in 2000!

Some things are in HD, it's fine. I do watch some things casually, renewed my membership when final season Breaking Bad started and never bothered to cancel it. It's just 6 quid.

Karol

I have it (streaming), I don't have cable (got rid of it) I've been able to catch up on a lot of different TV shows. All the stuff I do watch (Walking Dead, Mad Men, American Horror Story, etc) are on Netflix anyway. Aside from a delay on when I get to watch it, I'm satisfied.

Some things are in HD, it's fine. I do watch some things casually, renewed my membership when final season Breaking Bad started and never bothered to cancel it. It's just 6 quid.

Karol

Only some things?

It pisses me off to no end that the most recent season of Doctor Who, from Asylum of Daleks through all of the Tenant and Hurt stuff, is still not on American Netflix yet. But other than that (and no Stargates) it's pretty decent.

Sent from my XT1058

I do have real world purchases. I just don't rent or own, which is the most taxing one of all. So yes, you could say I'm taking advantage of it while it lasts. I can live without blu-rays, which I don't buy very often anymore. I'd say gaming and music take up more of my income.

I have Netflix. It's good for watching TV shows. There are a handful of decent films on there, though.

I'd say that you're not missing too much, Sharky.

I've never had Netflix. I get lots of mileage out of Hulu, though. They've got tons of television material, and they add new stuff all the time.

It pisses me off to no end that the most recent season of Doctor Who, from Asylum of Daleks through all of the Tenant and Hurt stuff, is still not on American Netflix yet. But other than that (and no Stargates) it's pretty decent.

Sent from my XT1058

That is odd. the Dutch Netflix does have it all the way through. Even though Doctor Who has never aired in this country.

Karol

Only some things?

All the movies I've seen there are in HD, and all the never TV shows shot in HD are availeble in HD. Older shows generally arent, (Star Trek TOS is in HD, but TNG, DS9 and Voyager arent)

I ditched TV several years ago, and got rid of my unlimited cinema membership a few months ago.

Replaced them with LoveFilm (streaming and discs) and Netflix. Does the job.

I have it. But don't have access to the American version, rendering it rather useless. But its good if I just want to pop on some episodes of Breaking Bad on TV or something.

I don't have it

I see most movies I want to see at the theater

also it seems to be heading towards a system where you need 10 memberships to make sure you can see anything you'd like. I wan to see this..oh wait it's on Amazon not Netflix

Karol

Only some things?

Most things, instant 1080p streaming. Only thing I saw which was standard def was Eternal Sunshine. Currently watching 10 year old episodes of Arrested Development and the picture quality is excellent.

I've cancelled and renewed loads of times but now that the kids use it frequently I keep it going.

I almost forgot about that (although I would have noticed the first time I visited the website since the ad is front and center). I'll be watching The Wire as soon as possible so I can be one of "those people" who don't shut up about The Wire.

I just read an article. Netflix will be available in my country by the end of the year. I might subscribe if the price is right.

Alex

I almost forgot about that (although I would have noticed the first time I visited the website since the ad is front and center). I'll be watching The Wire as soon as possible so I can be one of "those people" who don't shut up about The Wire.

I watched 3 seasons and really didn't care for any more. It's a decent enough show if that's the sort of thing you're into, but when people start preaching that it's the greatest, most perfect TV show ever made, I just wish they'd shut up. It does a lot of things right and avoids cliches, but for the basics of actual entertainment, there are other good shows.

To my ears, Deadwood's dialogue is music. Including the swearing (in which respect I think it beats even The Thick of It).

I gather that the writers (or at least David Milch) originally planned to use period swearing, with greater emphasis on religion-based words...