Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

3 hours ago, toothless said:

I remember when I saw oodles of these click bait Express.co.uk articles during TLJ. I ignore them now.

• 2 weeks later...

I could drive out there and let you know...

Anyway, wasn’t Jedha that on-the-nose Jerusalem equivalent what got blown up in Rogue One? If so, it can’t really be in Episode IX. These films don’t really do none-linear/flashbacks.

Yeah it'll probably just be another new planet that looks practically the same as all the previous desert planets. We've had like 5 now (Tattooine, Geonosis, Jedha, Jakku, whatever the planet in Solo was). 

42 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

See Not-Tatooine.

But to JJ’s credit, he did choose a piece of desert quite distinct to that of the original Star Wars: Tatooine (which is the name of the actual place) is a rocky, north-african desert, where’s the deserts of Abu Dhabi are much more the rolling sand-dunes type of desert.

Wadi Rum, though? I dunno.

And Geonosis had those stalactites... Out.. on the open air... formed out of nothing? The atmosphere there rains limestone solution?

It's not wise to get hung up on stuff like this in a space fantasy, but those cave-specific formations look stupid out there.

Wookiepedia said:

Geonosian hive spires were tall, spire-like mounds that made up the hives of Geonosis. They were made from crushed stone mixed with the excrement of parasites called Phidnas.

Huh. Leave it to the story group to rationalise weirdly Earth-like design choices. They're towers of shit the bugs live in.

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2018 at 11:54 AM, Holko said:

It's not wise to get hung up on stuff like this in a space fantasy, but those cave-specific formations look stupid out there.

If only it could distract from the asinine dialogue and half-baked supposed love story ;)

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I don't even understand the mentality of following production rumors/set leaks.

Everyone was doing it during the prequels, but back then the rumors were true, mostly. 

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I don't even understand the mentality of following production rumors/set leaks.

And countless "spy photos" of the sets that don't even reveal anything of interest. Back in the day, LucasFilm had a webcam streaming the production of Episode III and you actually saw Anakin's new look for the first time as well as actual scenes from the movie on that cam. That's the way to leak stuff from a movie!

They aged quickly but were also intentionally phased out since Palps didn't trust them (khmm Order 66), so gradually after he came to power.

The last remaining clone batallion was the 501st, Vader's fist, who were deployed in the Battle of Hoth and I think Endor, too.

Yo, am I the only one who thinks Temuera Morrison has a slick-ass voice and charism? Not saying I want him dubbed over anything, but I love his role as Jango and clone troopers in spin-offs like the video game Republic Commando. You can tell he has a lot of fun in the role.

Just now, Demodex said:

Maybe if you don't count the disjointed conversation between him and Obi-Wan on Kamino.  

It's supposed to be! A constant back and forth of misdirection, between two people who know it.