Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Soundtrack

mcdaid72000

Would you support the re-release of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom  

71 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I read something very intresting on a website(can't remember website name) on why John Williams will not re-release Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Soundtrack. I read that there is not enough support for it and that there are not enough people intrested in seeing this soundtrack being re-released. I think this is wrong and not ture. How many of the members here at John Williams Fan Network would support a re-release of the soundtrack? Do you think we should all start a petition to get this soundtrack re-release? Thanks.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read something very intresting on a website(can't remember website name) on why John Williams will not re-release Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Soundtrack. I read that there is not enough support for it and that there are not enough people intrested in seeing this soundtrack being re-released. I think this is wrong and not ture. How many of the members here at John Williams Fan Network would support a re-release of the soundtrack? Do you think we should all start a petition to get this soundtrack re-release? Thanks.

John Willaims hasn't anyhting to do with it. The recordings aren't his property. If this don't get re-released is due to Lucasfilm and Paramount lack of interest or will to do so.

Williams on autopilot!

If you're implying that TOD is Williams on autopilot, nothing can be further from the truth, TOD is one of his finest efforts.

Eventually, yes. We got an expanded Raiders, after all... is that owned by a different company, or what?

No, but Raiders was recorded by the LSO, and TOD and LC were recorded in the US instead, so that could be a factor.

Thank you (three). :mrgreen:

It's an unfortunate obstacle, but I do believe they will be released eventually. The current album just doesn't do the score justice, it's missing some of the best moments, including what is in my opinion one of JW's best cues - "Over the Himalayas".

40 minutes have never seemed shorter than when listening to this album. I love it, but I am just not satisfied knowing there is so much great music not on the album. Kate Capshaw singing certainly doesn't make the situation better seeing how this is one of John's finest scores given a short album, and we have a song we can get a recording of ANYWHERE on instead of another cue from the score. Atrocious. I've been mauled for stating these feelings in the past, but I stand my ground.

Ted

I had a feeling it was coming again. I stand by my beliefs that given the circumstances of the album, it shouldn't have been there. I didn't say it was bad or that it wasn't a great way the open the film. I like it a lot, actually. But given that the album is only forty minutes and that the score is one of Williams' best action scores, I want forty minutes of score.

Ted

well, the poll is for a re-release, it doesn't mention it would be an expanded edition, if they just re-released the original CD I'm not sure I would buy it since i have the Japanese one, I wouldn't need it, so maybe that's why someone voted no.

I haven't voted by the way

I had a feeling it was coming again. I stand by my beliefs that given the circumstances of the album, it shouldn't have been there. I didn't say it was bad or that it wasn't a great way the open the film. I like it a lot, actually. But given that the album is only forty minutes and that the score is one of Williams' best action scores, I want forty minutes of score.

You shouldn't want the song to go and have forty minutes of score.

You should just want the full 74 minutes (or did they already have 80-minute CDs back in 1984?).

- Marc, who thinks the song is perfect to open the album.

Anything Goes, by the great Cole Porter, boost a great arrangement by Johnny Williams, and sure deserves to open the album.
The song works wonderfull in the film and deserves to open the score album.

wise words from a wise man and a wise guy.

You should just want the full 74 minutes (or did they already have 80-minute CDs back in 1984?).

The song would be fine on the CD if it were longer.

Ted

Thor is Thor, but it wasn't Thor it was me.

for the same reason that gkgver gave, stupid question deserves a stupid answer.

Hell even over at anti John Williams central, aka FSM, they even recoginize it among the holy grails of socres.

ToD Complete is the holy grail of all scores.

k.m.

Phew thank God!

I would rather see a complete version of "Sleepers" THERE is some fine Williams work.

:mrgreen:

Of course I wanna see a legit ToD!

ToD c.d. was released at the WORST possible time.The transition between LP and cd's(1983-1985).Like the RotJ OST,it should have been way longer.If ToD was released 2 years later we'd have the other highlights like Over the Himalayas and Undeground Heroics

K.M.

Of course I would want a complete ToD release!!! Who Williams fan wouldn't? The score is a masterpiece.

I voted yes.

Anything Goes with a oriental twist. As a chinese, I have never been able to understand a single chinese word coming from Kate Capshaw's mouth. But I find the song very entertaining. Especially the grand opening.

Where can I find the correct chinese lyric?

Of course I would want a complete ToD release!!! Who Williams fan wouldn't? The score is a masterpiece.

Yeah I totally agree with you. Just about any John Williams complete release from any movie is way better then the OST.

Do you think we should all start a petition to get this soundtrack re-release? Thanks.

Doing a petition for any soundtrack or anything is pointless. I mean it just a waste of time and nothing will happened. There was an online petition for something that was mentioned here on John Williams Fan Network MB like ages ago for something I can't remember what it was and pretty much nothing happened for that petition. Honestly i don't know exactly how successful petition can be.

Thor is Thor, but it wasn't Thor it was me.

for the same reason that gkgver gave, stupid question deserves a stupid answer.

Hell even over at anti John Williams central, aka FSM, they even recoginize it among the holy grails of socres.

I had a feeling it might be you.

I just couldn't resist the Thor joke.