Upcoming Films

Quintus

Seeing as I'm practically the only one here who loves The Evil Dead and has watched the TV spin off on top, I'm all for this, especially if Raimi in helming:

https://geektyrant.com/news/sam-raimi-confirms-a-new-evil-dead-movie-is-being-developed

On 10/4/2019 at 8:33 AM, Disco Stu said:

This movie starring Adam Sandler, but not "an Adam Sandler movie" if you know what I mean, is getting rhapsodic reviews.

He’s fantastic in this film. Great fun.

I read a review that this documentary about origins and history of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is surprisingly good.  It includes interviews with everyone from the toy company executives, to the artists, to the actors like Frank Langella and Dolph Lundgren.

That prompted me to go off and look at the MOTU franchise's Wikipedia page. A sequel to the movie was in development, but ultimately Cannon's financial woes meant they could no longer afford to pay Mattel for the rights to the characters. So its script was repurposed into the Van Damme flick Cyborg.    

Just look at my profile pic, lol. I'm not impartial when it comes to JNH.

But yeah, aside from JNH and Powell, what interesting scores are we going to get next year that we know of? I suppose Zimmer fanatics will be happy, since he's scoring a lot of stuff, including the Sponge Bob movie.

First trailer for Dolittle, with Tony Stark, I mean, Robert Downey Jr

I miss the 90s Eddie Murphy movies with the character :( This one seems like one of those depressing CGI-filled fantasy/fairytale movies like Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent (and the trailer makes it clear that it's from the same producers).

Predictably, Elfman is scoring it.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:35 PM, Edmilson said:

Just look at my profile pic, lol. I'm not impartial when it comes to JNH.

But yeah, aside from JNH and Powell, what interesting scores are we going to get next year that we know of? I suppose Zimmer fanatics will be happy, since he's scoring a lot of stuff, including the Sponge Bob movie.

Silvestri’s got another Croods and Zemeckis’s The Witches. 

Mychael/Jeff Danna’s Onward and Patrick Doyle’s Artemis Fowl could be fun? Doyle also has Death on the Nile with Branagh.

I know people here hate Reznor/Ross on principle but I am intrigued about them doing Pixar.

Ludwig Goransson’s Tenet is one to watch. 

And the Z man’s Wonder Woman 2 and Dune might be cool. 

Those are the assignments that stick out to me. Nothing I’m super hyped for. Powell’s is the most promising and that’s right away in February.

Yeah, indeed I'm curious about the Zimmer scores we'll have next year. Not hyped... but curious.

I wonder which one of them he'll write "by himself" (or as by himself as Zimmer could possibly get) and which ones he'll rely more on Mazzaro, Kawczynski, Wallfisch, etc. I suppose he'll dedicate more of his time to Dune, write a few suites for WW84 and a theme for Spongebob and then let the team do the rest, and as for Top Gun... Who knows?

First trailer for Bombshell, the new film from director Jay Roach (Austin Powers, Meet The Parents) and writer Charles Randolph (The Big Short) about Roger Ailes and his sexual harassment / Fox News scandal

Stars Charlize Theron as Megyn Kelly, Nicole Kidman as Gretchen Carlson, John Lithgow as Roger Ailes, Malcolm McDowell as Rupert Murdoch, and Margot Robbie as a composite character

If nothing else I think this is a lock for best makeup at the Oscars this year.  It's the same guy who transformed Gary Oldman for Darkest Hour and Charlize Theron is barely recognizable until you hear her voice

bZmP5TO.jpg

First poster for "Underwater", a new sci-fi film starring Kristen Steward, Vincent Cassel, Jessica Henwick, and TJ Miller

8b40m4navrs31.jpg

If you're wondering what TJ Miller is doing in a 2020 movie, it was filmed back in 2017 before all his problems.  I'm kinda surprise they still chose to put his name on the poster at all.  The delay in release isn't a good sign for the quality of this film, nor is the January release date.  The score will be Marco Beltrami for those that like his stuff

I like The VVitch as an effective period piece, though I thought it was a bit overrated. This one looks fantastic though.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Anyone else gonna see The Lighthouse?

Alex Cremers has mentioned it multiple times on this forum

On 7/30/2019 at 9:23 AM, mrbellamy said:

This looks fantastic

On 7/30/2019 at 10:45 AM, Alexcremers said:

I'm already there!

On 9/9/2019 at 10:53 AM, Alexcremers said:

Trailer 2. 

18 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Jay literally remembers everything! Stunning!

But apparently he can't remember that the "Anyone else..." framing is a very common JWFan in-joke and that using it doesn't mean you think you're the first one to bring the subject up.

New trailer for Baumbach's Marriage Story

Early reviews are saying it's very good, but very sad, and that Johansson, Dern, and Driver are locks for Oscar noms