Upcoming Films

Quintus

1 minute ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I will happily admit; this looks really good, and better than any Hollywood Godzilla film, in recent years.

I LOVED King of the Monsters. Godzilla was OK. And I hated Godzilla vs. Kong.

This is getting ridiculous. I wonder how long before directors or actors start insisting on a “you will release this movie when it’s finished” clause in their contracts (admittedly hard to enforce). I love the quote “We have tremendous respect for the filmmakers, casts and crew, and are grateful for their contributions to the film.”  No. You have fuck all respect for any of them if this is how you act. 

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/nov/09/warner-bros-coyote-vs-acme-movie-john-cena?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Disney has also delayed its upcoming prequel to its 2019 CGI remake of “The Lion King.” “Mufasa: The Lion King,” directed by Barry Jenkins, has moved from a July 5, 2024 date to Dec. 20, 2024.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/deadpool-3-captain-america-4-lion-king-prequel-delayed-1235786760/

When will they ever learn to stop making prequels?

With all the prequels they managed to create one of the worst film "genres". 

The amount of bad prequel movies with redundant stories is much much higher than with sequels and remakes.

17 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Yes. THE GODFATHER PT II is both a prequel and a sequel.

I tried watching it in sequence, one time. It didn't work.

Oh absolutely not. What's next, watching Episode I first? Madness!

2 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

These days I can't see anything from the Last Crusade prologue that the first thing that comes to my mind is this:

It's really sad that I can tell the year this came out by the model of iPhone he's holding.

Yeah, and apparently The Thing (2011) wasn't a remake, but technically a prequel to the original. Something I had no idea about until I saw it, and didn't remember that until just now. 

But I'm not even sure I think of "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" as really a prequel. I'm sure @Chen G. has innumerable thoughts on this, but to me a prequel is something that's part of the same overall narrative, something at pushes a common story forward, and not something that merely features the same characters. I mean, is Temple of Doom a "prequel" to Raiders? I really don't think of it that way. Nor do I think of "Solo" as a "prequel" to Star Wars.

2 hours ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

I don't think I've ever seen a prequel that completely worked. Certainly not one that was better than the original.

Didn't we just cover Godfather II?

2 hours ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

I'm sure @Chen G. has innumerable thoughts on this, but to me a prequel is something that's part of the same overall narrative, something at pushes a common story forward, and not something that merely features the same characters. I mean, is Temple of Doom a "prequel" to Raiders? I really don't think of it that way. Nor do I think of "Solo" as a "prequel" to Star Wars.

I agree.

Temple of Doom is a sequel: the fact that it chronologically takes place before Raiders of the Lost Ark is utterly meaningless. And Solo is more of a "spinoff." A..erm...pretentious man would call it an intermezzo... Ditto for the Fantastic Beasts films, by the way: I would not consider those prequels in the usual sense of the word. Same for The War of the Rohirrim.

And "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly"... that's just because somebody down the line lumped the Leone-Eastwood films into a trilogy. They're not one.

40 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

And "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly"... that's just because somebody down the line lumped the Leone-Eastwood films into a trilogy. They're not one.

Well, they're a trilogy of films. But they're not a three part story. So no, GtBatU is not a prequel.

22 hours ago, Tom Guernsey said:

This is getting ridiculous. I wonder how long before directors or actors start insisting on a “you will release this movie when it’s finished” clause in their contracts (admittedly hard to enforce). I love the quote “We have tremendous respect for the filmmakers, casts and crew, and are grateful for their contributions to the film.”  No. You have fuck all respect for any of them if this is how you act. 

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/nov/09/warner-bros-coyote-vs-acme-movie-john-cena?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

9 hours ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

When I do it there's lyrics. 🙈

This is amusing, but be warned...the lyrics might get stuck in your head and ruin Duel of the Fates forever for you!

5 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Where did that come? Because there is nothing else on this

Ah, a facebook friend posted this in a group I'm in (soundtracks) and I thought it was legitimate. I didn't double check.

Oh well. I'm not a fan of live action remakes anyway.

Couldn't find anything about a Prince of Egypt live-action remake on IMDB, so it's probably fan-made. And thank goodness - it's one of my favorite animated movies of all time and I bet a live-action remake would be as "memorable" as that Ridley Scott Moses movie.

28 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Couldn't find anything about a Prince of Egypt live-action remake on IMDB, so it's probably fan-made. And thank goodness - it's one of my favorite animated movies of all time and I bet a live-action remake would be as "memorable" as that Ridley Scott Moses movie.

You do know though of the filmed stage musical, which will be released theatrically?