The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Monday night at 8, right? I gotta grab this one. I don't feel safe waiting around anymore after what happened with Predator. Film score fans these days...

They will put it up on their website at a random time between about 7pm EST and 8pm EST, then they start shipping Tuesday morning.

All the other usual retailers (SAE, Movie Music) will have it up on their site shortly after Intrada does as well if you prefer to order from them.

It's the only original Score composed by Williams I don't have an original copy of.

I actually saw a copy of the CD in a CD shop in Austin about 18 years ago, when it was released. At the time I had no idea it was limited and when I found out about 5-6 years later when the internet took off, I was shocked a copy had made its way to Texas.

Interesting releases but I'll be skipping on them. I've gotta be real choosy between now and October 1st. The Ron Jones Star Trek TNG box set is coming out next month and that's gotta be my only purchase for the month. Of course if there are any other titles that come out between now and October 1st that I may way I will have to wait to pay for them in October, which is something I know Peter would let me do.

Big mistake, Trent!

I've heard some tracks from Space Camp, it's interesting but doesn't quite grab at me compared to something like Star Wars or The Empire Strikes Back. If I ended up getting it chances are I'd listen to it once and that's it.

I've heard some tracks from Space Camp, it's interesting but doesn't quite grab at me compared to something like Star Wars or The Empire Strikes Back.

You must have a pretty small John Williams collection if that's how you judge his scores! Very few of his works grab anybody like those two. And anyone who tells you that this score compares to those is lying.

However, since you're on a shoestring and saving up for a soundtrack collection that costs as much as almost eight copies of SpaceCamp, it's understandable.

Wojo you've been here long enough to know by now that Williams isn't my favorite composer (stated it many times before). Yes I do have a small collection, only have scores to those which I really liked and that's it.

Trent, I know all that. I'd compare SpaceCamp to his Olympic music or some of his lighter music, like Home Alones, before trying to gauge it against the mightiest of the Star Wars scores.

I can't believe that I just bought SpaceCamp, because I've had it since Napster was legal.

Ordered!

After BTTF, ID4, Predator and Spacecamp, I believe Gremlins is not far from us now.

That would be superb. I've yet to get ID4, and though SpaceCamp is a good score, I have to watch my pennies and choose my scores carefully. :unsure:

New Clues for August 31!!

Roger: "I'm not providing any info here to guess the title, but there will be one Special Collection release, but it's a 2-CD set. Premiere release on CD. Limited to 3000 copies."

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3609

Awesome! I'm hopeful for Gremlins for a second, but that score is pretty short and shouldn't require two CDs... not to mention the official OST (15 minutes of score + 15 minutes of songs) has been on CD.

So, what scores out there both warrant a 3,000 issue run, and have NEVER been on CD? There can't be that many!

It can't be Family Plot, as that also wouldn't require two CDs. In fact I'd say no John Williams score that has never been on CD before fits.

Does Jerry Goldsmith have any scores that have never been on CD at all that are also long enough to require two CDs? I for some reason doubt it.

The few James Horner scores I can think of that have never been released - Wolfen, The Hand, 48 Hours - are all short enough to not need two CDs.

This is a tricky one, but I betcha we'll figure it out

Depending on how we take Roger's wording, premiere meaning "official", perhaps it's Young Sherlock Holmes.

I think when it comes to Golden Age, Intrada doesn't like to press a large qty on those scores.

Or perhaps it's an LP program and the actual score presentation. It would be nice to finally see John Barry's The Deep.

Then again you never know what it could be, who knew BTTF had an alternate score? It could be one score with a bunch of worthy alternates.

I'm intrigued.

One thing I've noted recently: the number of fantastic releases we have out there burning a hole in my wallet :)

I was really hoping to take a break from buying after Spartacus shipped, but then Intrada had to go and do all these great releases this past month!

Maybe it's a reprint of Inchon. ;) If only!

Depending on how we take Roger's wording, premiere meaning "official", perhaps it's Young Sherlock Holmes.

I think when it comes to Golden Age, Intrada doesn't like to press a large qty on those scores.

Or perhaps it's an LP program and the actual score presentation. It would be nice to finally see John Barry's The Deep.

Then again you never know what it could be, who knew BTTF had an alternate score? It could be one score with a bunch of worthy alternates.

I was thinking about "Young Sherlock" as well. That would be nice.

SAE just posted this on Facebook:

Busy day today! Intrada, Quartet and back catalog and we are working this weekend to push the orders out! So here is some news – On Monday a new 2 cd release of a classic western score is finally becoming available.Many of you will definitely like it I am sure. So have a GREAT weekend and we will seeya Monday!

I assume they're talking about Intrada's release, unless they have something of their own on Monday. If it's a western, good news for me!