Alan Silvestri's Predator

Jay

It's limited to 3,000 copies, so act quickly!

predatory.jpg

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 141

Date: 1987

Tracks: 18

Time = 74:45

Definitive 1980's classic action soundtrack returns in newly-remastered CD! Presented from recently discovered original two-track digital stereo session master elements, Intrada offers complete score for action music fans everywhere. Alan Silvestri scores legendary John McTierman sci-fi thriller by keeping main adversaries in focus: hulking Arnold Schwarzenegger & formidable Predator. Incredibly muscular score features dynamic main theme over pulsating but deliberately-paced percussion figures, then takes music deep into jungle with colorful motifs, jabbing percussive figures, powerhouse stings from low brass. As numerous battles engage, Silvestri turns orchestra into masive, snarling ensemble of fury! Notes by Julie Kirgo plus original campaign art bring additional punch. Nick Redman produces. Alan Silvestri conducts. Intrada Special Collection release limited to 3000 copies!

01. Fox Logo (Alfred Newman/Arranged by Elliot Goldenthal 1992) 0:26

02. Main Title 3:52

03. Something Else; Cut ‘Em Down; Payback Time 7:37

04. The Truck 4:23

05. Jungle Trek 1:48

06. Girl’s Escape; Blaine’s Death 6:40

07. What Happened? 2:01

08. He’s My Friend 1:26

09. We’re Gonna Die 3:29

10. Building The Trap 3:06

11. The Waiting 3:27

12. Can You See Him? 4:52

13. Dillon’s Death 2:05

14. Billy And Predator 2:32

15. Dutch Builds Trap 9:28

16. Predator Injured; Hand To Hand Combat 7:22

17. Predator’s Death 3:43

18. The Pick-Up And End Credits 5:58

http://store.intrada...it.A/id.6708/.f

http://www.moviemusi...k/predator-rmst

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/14246/PREDATOR/

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first order direct from Intrada!

Was going to order from moviemusic.com along with Batman and Krull, but Krull is currently out of stock there! So I figured well I haven't ordered Outland yet, so I'll take that instead of Krull. Also out of stock there :lol:

Ordered!

If I recall correctly (and I do, because I checked), this has only been my second order direct from Intrada, the first being Baby.

Don't feel bad, I also haven't bought Outland yet either.

I know a friend who's going to order this one for me, and then I'll pay him back later. Don't have the available funds right now.

Here's to another go-around for those who missed out on the Varese edition!

Don't have the available funds right now.

Still tied up in Brave Little Toasters, eh?

Not really that - I spent a whole ton of money when I was away on holidays for most of July. I'll be okay though.

I'm surprised they included Goldenthal's Twentieth Century Fox Fanfare from Alien 3 again! I didn't understand why Varese did it and I don't understand why Intrada did it either

I'm surprised they included Goldenthal's Twentieth Century Fox Fanfare from Alien 3 again! I didn't understand why Varese did it and I don't understand why Intrada did it either

Back in the 90's, Fox Music was releasing scores on their own label. There was a planned release that would feature 40+ minutes of Predator, 20+ minutes of Die Hard and the inclusion of the Fox Fanfare with Goldenthal's intro.

That CD never materialized. I guess Varese and Intrada decided to stick with that part of the original program.

Why does the cover to Intrada's Predator look like it was ripped from an SNES game?

14246.gif vs predator.gif

Is it meant to simulate the Predator's vision? I don't remember him seeing Arnold in such clarity (for him) a la 16 bit, just infrared and UV.

Wojo ya that's meant to simulate what the Predator would see.

The sound clips are freaking awesome, the quality is light years better than Varèse disc! I ordered my copy from Movie Music all ready. I am looking forward to this and will delete my original rip of the Varèse version from my hard drive once I get it.

Why does the cover to Intrada's Predator look like it was ripped from an SNES game?

Is it meant to simulate the Predator's vision? I don't remember him seeing Arnold in such clarity (for him) a la 16 bit, just infrared and UV.

Yes plus I believe that was the artwork for one of the original posters.

Ok. I think it's just the eyes. They're creeping me out. Lifeless eyes, like a doll's eyes.

I may draw pupils in them before I resize it down to 600x600 for my album art.

That is the original poster art. I like how Intrada is pretty faithful to campaign artwork.

It is sooooo satisfying to purchase this. Intrada can keep on re-issuing as far as I'm concerned. I want the Fury and Ghostbusters.

Do you think this Intrada release will be heavily purchased by speculators, or is the market now saturated with the Varese and Intrada releases?

Never heard of thermographic camera? I think that's normal, that those pictures are more pixellated. And the pic of Schwarzenegger is intended. But you are right: It is the front cover of the SNES game.

Is this indicative of where the industry is headed? Once everything is released, the labels will just re-release each other's stuff every five years, as records go OOP and have to be replaced? If so, it means there will come a time where I can walk away and not have to look back.

Are the track times all correct? The new "Girl's Escape/Blaine's Death" says it runs 6:40. On Varese's, "The Girl's Escape" is 6:00 and "Blaine's Death" is 2:40.

Scratch that, my mistake. Just saw "what happened"

Yea Intrada just combined cues into different tracks sometimes. I don't know why either label did it; I liked the boot where every cue was its own track.

Jesus, dig that krazy Predator thread over at FSM. Rapid degeneration... it's as though the thread were created using Proto-matter.

And all over a pointless misunderstanding, too, not about the score itself, or the quality, or the album art. Sheesh.

Glad I don't belong there, I just lurk.

I'm also glad I never paid through the nose for an OOP Varese copy.

Note to self: Don't...buy...OOP albums...off of...eBay. They'll...be back for...sale later.

Note to self: Don't...buy...OOP albums...off of...eBay. They'll...be back for...sale later.

That seems like it maybe a trend now. Here's hoping eventually Ghostbusters and Die Hard get re-released in fully 100% complete form by the other labels. I wasn't too thrilled with Varèse' releases for either score as far as presentation goes.

Yea, Varese had a lot of discs in the early to mid 2000s that were great and amazing at the time (Ghostbusters, Die Hard, Predator, Commando, etc), but they really don't hold up when compared to the new standard set by FSM, Intrada, and La La Land since like 2007 onward.

I feel like Alien and the Blue Box really set the new standard for how releases should be handled. Its so weird now when a release comes out that DOESN'T live up to that - IE Speed 2, Mars Attacks, Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

In 1987 I was...too young to see this in theaters.It'll grow on me.

I had only been alive four days. :lol:

So how good is this score really?

Been listening to the samples and it's kind of distracting how much parts of it sound like Back to the Future.

But, I think I can get over that. Don't have any straight action scores.

This one sounds like a pretty good place to start.

I may draw pupils in them before I resize it down to 600x600 for my album art.

Where's the larger album cover?

Is this indicative of where the industry is headed? Once everything is released, the labels will just re-release each other's stuff every five years, as records go OOP and have to be replaced? If so, it means there will come a time where I can walk away and not have to look back.

I hope so.

I hope this doesn't go before I can afford it.

It's great they're re-releasing stuff that people might have missed out on a few years ago. I hope The 'Burbs is released again someday, since I missed it twice, so I have no excuse to miss it again. I can wait a few more years.

I wonder if Intrada will do a complete release of Predator 2?

Wojo ya that's meant to simulate what the Predator would see.

The predator does not see like that...

The sniper bullseye is also not predator's...

But if it the official poster, no complains :)

Is it a teaser? maybe they didnt knew how it was going to be in the final movie yet.

If Arnie is your lead, you're not going to put him on the poster in infra-red. The background has the predator-vision, I guess they thought a straight picture of Arnie in front was too jarring.

Here it is at IMP Awards http://www.impawards.com/1987/predator.html

Also, posters are generally misleading. The poster for Star Trek III has the Bird of Prey firing from all kinds of weird places. The poster for Star Trek IV makes it look like it stars Jack Palance as Captain Kirk. And the poster for Star Trek V makes it look vaguely like a decent movie.

They included the logo because they didn't want to include less than what was released previously, as per Roger on the Intrada board. And I'm glad they did too, I didn't have that logo anywhere else on CD.

They included the logo because they didn't want to include less than what was released previously, as per Roger on the Intrada board. And I'm glad they did too, I didn't have that logo anywhere else on CD.

I'm glad too, it's a great way to start the album.

Hmm, not sure about this one.

I love the main theme, but Silvestri's 'stop-start-BANG' really annoys me sometimes. I can hear both BTTF and Volcano in this though, which is a better sign than normal

My guess is that being a reissue, it might stick around a bit a-la-Robocop so I'm not going to rush into a purchase.

My guess is that being a reissue, it might stick around a bit a-la-Robocop so I'm not going to rush into a purchase.

I hope that it does, since a lot of people want it and aren't willing to pay through the nose for the OOP Varese. I know, I'm one of 'em.

But there are a handful of people who posted at the FSM boards who clearly stated that even though they own the Varese, they still feel obligated to buy this album. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, it's a free market and you can buy what you want. But it's attitude like that which makes limited releases and re-releases tighter.

So what's the difference between this an my expanded score? I seem to remember it having everything worth having already.

Amazing score btw.

If your expanded score is Varese's, the difference is that this costs $20 new today, while your Varese would cost $50-$200 today.

If you have an expanded copy enhanced in some other way, only a minute-by-minute track analysis would yield results. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I just started engraving the score to the Predator Main Title / Beach Landing this week and suddenly here comes the soundtrack on new release.

One of life's little coincidences.

Also FYI - I ordered my copy of the CD from SAE and now when you click on the Predator link it says "Predator is no longer available."

Sold out already?

I don't think so. I was able to add it to my cart at both MovieMusic and Intrada itself. I don't think all 3000 units have sold out already. This time tomorrow, I won't be so sure. Maybe SAE is just the most popular place to buy from because they handle PayPal, which is why they're usually my first option if MM doesn't carry it.

I hope that it does, since a lot of people want it and aren't willing to pay through the nose for the OOP Varese. I know, I'm one of 'em.

But there are a handful of people who posted at the FSM boards who clearly stated that even though they own the Varese, they still feel obligated to buy this album. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, it's a free market and you can buy what you want. But it's attitude like that which makes limited releases and re-releases tighter.

So what's the difference between this an my expanded score? I seem to remember it having everything worth having already.

Amazing score btw.

If your expanded score is Varese's, the difference is that this costs $20 new today, while your Varese would cost $50-$200 today.

If you have an expanded copy enhanced in some other way, only a minute-by-minute track analysis would yield results. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I'm not home now so I can't check but it's definitely the one with the better image of Arnie on the front as shown earlier. I bought it a few years back off a fellow poster over on Empire online forums. Had no idea it could possibly fetch that much today though.