Alan Silvestri's Predator

Jay

Doug's corner on Intrada says (from before the announcement so it's talking about it in clue form):

On the other disc we're re-issuing a genuine 1980's classic with improved audio courtesy superior master elements. Contents are identical though a couple of track assemblies differ. For minute-by-minute counters, our version is slightly longer due to a complete presentation of the end credits (they were slightly truncated on the earlier version.) No big deal there. The initial release was very well-produced and satisfied fans for the short time it was available. But the title should be available again - especially now. So we've got 3000 of them to go around. I think our digital sonics make for a worthy improvement, too.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty high. The fact it claims the audio is improved should be enough for many to double dip. I wouldn't personally care about a few added seconds here and there, but since I placed my order, I don't GAS if it sells out again.

Well, I have the boot and a CD-R copy of Vareses Predator but I will take the chance to get it original pressed.

I compared Varese The Jungle Trek with the Intrada compressed sound clip: WOW! The sound quality is really good on the new one. This time one can say that the SQ is much improved.

Yup even though the clips on the Intrada site are only in 96kbps, I could still hear instruments I hadn't been able to hear on the bootleg or on the Varese. Huge improvement in sound quality here.

My copy of the Varese sounds quite distorted, like it clips at the higher frequencies, preventing me from cranking this soundtrack in the car like it deserves.

It will be a thrill to get in perfect audio quality. I listened to the Varese for the last time last night, and don't want to touch the Intrada clips until it arrives in the mail.

Less than 1100 remaining at Intrada

If you're contemplating ordering this at all, buy it now! It could very well sell out by the end of the day!

People post it on FSM... you can go into Intrada's site and keep adding them to your cart until it maxes out, giving you a rough idea of how many are left in Intrada's inventory. What it doesn't tell you is how many have been allocated for other retailers, or if that is their entire stock. So it should be taken with a grain of salt. But it is a good barometer of imminent sell through.

Correct, Intrada may not have gotten their full shipment of 3000 all at once. They may have only initially received 2000.

It's great they're re-releasing stuff that people might have missed out on a few years ago. I hope The 'Burbs is released again someday, since I missed it twice, so I have no excuse to miss it again. I can wait a few more years.

I wonder if Intrada will do a complete release of Predator 2?

If The 'Burbs comes back I'd hope it's complete, not even the most recent issue of it was. It was actually my very first Varese Club order! Love the score.

It was issued in 2003 by Varese.

Which means we have to wait for Varese to rerelease it, FSM's board to complain, and Intrada to rererelease it with the choir intact.

:thumbup:

It seems that when Varese did the sequel albums for some of their scores they retained the rights for future releases. The Robocop sequels would have to be done by Varese.

Oh what the hell. I figured with Predators coming from LLR and Predator bought yesterday from Intrada, I may as well buy Predator 2 from MovieMusic to round out the set.

I feel like I'm being hunted...alien monsters with infrared scopes are closing in on me from three sides, and all I can do is check the mail each day with anticipation.

No, it's a brand new release, and has never ever been released in limited quantities ever.

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not...

Varèse released the score in 2003, as a club CD in limited quantity as people have been saying in this thread. Some of you (KM) need to start reading before posting...

The reason why Intrada re-released this is because they found the original two-track stereo session elements and that alone makes it have a lot better sound than Varèse version and more natural.

It was extreme sarcasm (now a sport in some countries), basically because KM didn't bother to read the thread.

Ah gotcha I figured it was sarcasm but wanted to be sure. :thumbup:

I missed out on the Varese release, and I'm vaguely familiar through hearing the Footwarmer and occasionally watching the movie.

Of course, if I'd had the Varese release, it might not have been necessary for me, but I know there's some great action scoring here.

This was an easy order for me.

There's now less than 250 copies remaining at Intrada, and they have put up a "1 copy per customer" stipulation.

This will be completely sold out within the hour. BUY NOW!!!

I'm rather shocked by this! The Varese release didn't sell out particularly quickly. I wonder how many owners of the previous release are re-purchasing?

Mm... ordered Predator, Krull and the complete new recording of Lawrence of Arabia from moviemusic.com. $1 shipping, cool.

Hmm, I forgot all about tacking Lawrence of Arabia onto today's MM Predator 2 order. Rather than email Peter, I may just order it directly from Tadlow and get free shipping that way.

I need to stop buying hard drives for a while and purchase a new internal hard drive.

I ordered this, and own the Varese. I may hold on to the old one!! I think it's funny it's selling out so quickly. Must be the 7 years of unavailability.

This is weird. Back to the Future isn't even sold out, and I thought that one was way more popular.

I imagine it's the combination of the market price for the Varese, and the 3000 units versus 10000 for BTTF.

I imagine you'll see a lot more Varese on the second hand market now, although probably still at fairly ridiculous prices.

It's gone at Intrada. Wow.

BTTF is limited to 10,000, I believe.

Between November of last year and January of this year, Doug Fake mentioned that 6000 copies of BTTF were sold.

I predict Varese copies will go for $50 on ebay, and Intrada copies for $150. Effective immediately.

Who will buy it are the casual fans who like the score and heard about the Varese CD a few years back and monitor ebay every so often, watching Predator auctions and occasionally bidding, but don't want to pay over a certain amount. These casual fans don't check the boards and follow all the new releases coming out. One day they'll log into ebay for their ritual of "let's see if there are any cheap predators up right now" and will see auctions for the Intrada release and go "HOLY SHIT!" and log into Intrada.com and kick themselves for missing it AGAIN. Then they'll either bid on the lower Varese versions they see or the Intrada versions, depending on their budget.