Alan Silvestri's Predator

Jay

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this is just me, but it's disappointing that people are buying multiples to trade/sell. Finding some scores in this hobby is hard enough without someone buying up more than they need just to make a profit, especially when it's something with a high anticipation level like this.

It's not just you; it frustrates me too that there are people selfish enough to do that.

I really think these guys should have something like a 2 per customer limit to prevent people buying 10 copies to sell on. I know they do a 1pc limit when the quantity gets low, but that's a bit too late.

But at the end of the day, if they've shifted product and made money, they're happy from a business sense.

Maybe this is just me, but it's disappointing that people are buying multiples to trade/sell. Finding some scores in this hobby is hard enough without someone buying up more than they need just to make a profit, especially when it's something with a high anticipation level like this.

I agree. I remember all too well when I was not able to buy these scores as they were always gobbled up before my funds would permit. I've had to buy many at inflated prices over the years..The Fury, Predator, SpaceCamp, The Burbs, etc. I had to pay double for Intrada's House of Cards, although that was due to my own stupidity.

I've found it surprisingly easy to avoid this trap. I can usually tell fairly early on whether an Intrada release might be in my area, and if so, I'm glued to the computer on the night.

That, and the stuff I'm interested in wouldn't sell out in 5 minutes anyway :lol:

BULL-FREAKIN'-CRAP. I was gonna order this sucker on Friday when I got paid. I really hope that the massive success of this release will spur on a second printing, 'cause I really wanted to grab this.

All I'm finding is the Varese edition.

EDIT: Okay, found it. I'm not holding my breath, but maybe I'll still be able to snag a copy on Friday.

Sold out ALREADY? Damn. Is the score really that good or are people just jumping on these things sooner?

They... they told me to buy it! I didn't wanna get hurt.

Sold out ALREADY? Damn. Is the score really that good or are people just jumping on these things sooner?

You'll get a different answer depending on the person.

Personally, I think it was again, the limited nature of it causing a rush.

I count seven for "Predator Varese" and people are asking at least $60 for opened copies.

People are trying to unload their obsolete editions on an ignorant public as they scrambled to buy the Intrada.

Damn that did go pretty fast. Glad I snagged myself a copy while I could.

I too wonder how many people who had or have the Varèse copy re-bought this just because of the better sound (like myself).

I'm happy for those who were fast enough to secure a copy, especially those who didn't have the Varèse Club edition. I wasn't fast back then as I was today. So I'll continue to listen to this score in less than ideal conditions.

However, this is crazy. And it reinforces my idea that the soundtrack collectors market has seriously gone mad.

Yeah it's not ideal for those who aren't at their computers 24/7. I'll be away for 3 weeks next month and will be hoping upon hope that nothing big emerges, as buying stuff via unsecured wireless is a bad idea.

I got an email from Intrada saying my order had been "fulfilled". Is that the same as "shipped"?

A poster named Morricone over at FSM has been updating the Predator thread there with locations to buy it.

I'd post the link but FSM is loading slow for me this morning.

Seems to happen once a day or so... the whole FSM site just goes down for 5-15 minutes

For some reason, Julie Kirgo's liner notes and the overall design of the booklet make it feel more like a Varese release than Intrada.

Wow and you live in New York. Maybe mine is in today's mail as well!

(Probably not. Hopefully tomorrow)

I'm in Florida, and I got mine today! Fantastic sound. Obliterates the Varese (obviously) Bass and clarity are stunning. Bravo Intrada, as usual.

$230 for Transformers? HAHAHAHA Not worth that much by a long run!

I guess could have ordered Predator directly from Intrada but Movie Music always gets my business.

Any_book always seems to have the highest price on Amazon. I believe I heard that when you buy from them, they don't actually have the item, but rather they buy one and resell it to you for the ridiculous price. So they aren't really to be taken seriously as a seller.