A complete score...

Naïve Old Fart

I know it's a fantasy, but if members could choose one score to have as a complete edition, then what would they have?

I would choose "Empire Of The Sun", although "Gone With The Wind" would come a very close second.

it's over to you...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Gone With The Wind"

Isnt that released by RHino?

It has less than stellar sound, though.

From what I could gather, there was a 1CD and a 2CD release, but Sony (along with Ben-Hur) recently re-released the 1CD version only?

"Gone With The Wind"

Isnt that released by RHino?

It has less than stellar sound, though.

From what I could gather, there was a 1CD and a 2CD release, but Sony (along with Ben-Hur) recently re-released the 1CD version only?

No, Sony re-released only the 2CD set (standard 2CD case instead of longbox) of GONE WITH THE WIND. And BEN-HUR, also.

Well it has to be a Williams score

The Williams score with the most good unreleased music and no bootlegs is:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

What would be your second choice after HPSS?

What would be your second choice after HPSS?

Hook

No, Sony re-released only the 2CD set (standard 2CD case instead of longbox) of GONE WITH THE WIND. And BEN-HUR, also.

Price, number of discs and track listing seem to contradict that:

Amazon.co.uk Link

Do they have wrong data?

(I couldn't find it at all at Amazon.com and Amazon.at/de)

"The Ten Commandments" (Bernstein)

with "Conan the Barbarian" second. Simply because TTC masters are older and reportedly not in the best shape over all, so it NEEDS rescuing FIRST. When the hell is this going to happen already? I hope Townsend loves "The Ten Commandments" as much as he loved "Spartacus".

This is hard for me because I'm not a fanatic for complete releases. For the most part, I'm satisfied with the OSTs because they tend to have the highlights. An exception would be the Star Wars trilogy, which is full of so many great themes, I love listening to every minute of it. For other films, as long as I don't know what I'm missing, I have no yearning for additional tracks.

That said, I would probably enjoy one of the prequels - let's say Attack of the Clones. Sorcerer's Stone would be cool, too.

I re-listened to the Hook boot again today on ipod. The unreleased tracks don't sound stellar but far from Last Crusade bad. I guess I could live with it that's why it wasn't my top pick

how bad are the last crusade tracks your referring to? i have the complete score (of crusade) and it doesnt sound half bad in fact its just a slight bit "bubbly"

The vast majority of my Hook boot sounds great. It's the second half of The Ultimate War that makes The Last Crusade sound stellar.

Several of the extra tracks from The Last Crusade sound terrible, at least my files do. Particularly bad are "Packet from Dad," "Inscription on the Rock," and "The Birds of Charlemagne." All of them warble quite noticeably. "Henry Is Shot" definitely kills the mood of the otherwise excellent last few tracks' worth of music.

Price, number of discs and track listing seem to contradict that:

Amazon.co.uk Link

Do they have wrong data?

(I couldn't find it at all at Amazon.com and Amazon.at/de)

Here a tip: If you want to find the same article you found on "co.uk" (e.g.), just type ".de" or ".com" instead of "co.uk" and you will directly linked to the same item to that country. Here is it: Amazon.de link

There it says two CD's. I think on Amazon.co.uk they have a wrong data.

P.S.: Give it a try. Take the link I gave you and change the ".de" to ".co.uk". Tadaa!

Neat. I actually do that at times, but of course when it would be really necessary (i.e. in this case), I forget about it. :)

So the 2CD set is only €8... that's awesome. I expect this is as recommendable as Rhino/Sony's Ben-Hur, as far as production quality goes?

No question. Prisoner of Azkaban. Although this being a hypothetical why not a boxed set of the complete Potter scores I-III?

Or a deluxe collector's edition, celebrating 50 years of John Williams music, containing 40 discs, a hardcover book, one of the last strains of hair from the maestro's head (hence the limited run of 1,000) framed in gold, a hard drive with recording sessions and a decorative shelf in the form of the death star, to hold all 40 discs.

And all of this for the reasonable price of 1149$.

No question. Prisoner of Azkaban. Although this being a hypothetical why not a boxed set of the complete Potter scores I-III?

Or a deluxe collector's edition, celebrating 50 years of John Williams music, containing 40 discs, a hardcover book, one of the last strains of hair from the maestro's head (hence the limited run of 1,000) framed in gold, a hard drive with recording sessions and a decorative shelf in the form of the death star, to hold all 40 discs.

And all of this for the reasonable price of 1149$.

$1149? Cheap at twice the price! :o

Dracula and jaws 2 would be good,even thou there isn`t much more music to that that was`nt on cd!i would also agree with hook!also star trek 5,about time that was done.

Why the death star? I'd rather have a bust of John Williams sculpted in the classical style.

Imagine that face sitting on your shelf, staring at you as you dance around your bedroom, air conducting the complete score to Prisoner of Azkaban in your underpants.

And who says you never get anything... ;)

I dunno. I might have to start going back to church after this. :)

My top three scores that remain to be released in complete form but hopefully one day will are...

Hook - Williams

Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Goldsmith

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier - Goldsmith

Well I guess it's Hook and Family Plot now

The Prequels would be nice...I can't wait to delete all those useless gb's of videogame files wasting space on my hard drive