GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

I know; My link includes 12 pictures, including all 6 EW covers.  I think the Sansa one is indeed the best.

The thing with the Danaerys one is: The brunette eyebrows combined with blonde wig just looks stupid and distracts from everything else

Most of the other girls are making goofy poses and/or faces

The Red Picnic

And who are you proud lady said

that I must eat with you

picnicker only of different sort

that's all, and it won't do.

Blanket of red or all stark grey

picnickers still have food

and mine is fine, in basket laid

and drink that's just as good.

And so she spoke, the lady spoke

the picnic planning one 

and now the ants swarm o'er her food

gone blanket, revels done.

And now the ants swarm o'er her food

all ruined, revels done.

First it's the winter, now it's the dead. What next? The summer?

Finally watched the new trailer.  Well, it looks like the most exciting and action-packed season yet!

Of course, that was the job of the trailer, to make me think that.

It will be a talky season with Cersei just throwing icy insults at people while she is holding a goblet of red wine. Again.

9 hours ago, Incanus said:

It will be a talky season with Cersei just throwing icy insults at people while she is holding a goblet of red wine. Again.

The kids call that "throwing shade" these days.  Get with it.

1 hour ago, nightscape94 said:

The kids call that "throwing shade" these days.  Get with it.

I'd rather not. I politely refuse to get with it.

So, at the time that Jaime was seeing his first dead body, Cersei was already a connoisseur of forensic anthropology...

The Sansa/Reek and Daenerys scenes look pretty impressive. My understanding is that the Daenerys clip comes from Episode 3 rather than the season premiere.

President Obama gets to see the new Game Of Thrones before anybody else

This comment made me laugh

April 23rd: "This bill is more exciting than Jon Snow coming back as a white walker. and oops sorry.."

April 24th: #THANKSOBAMA #TRUMP4 PREZ

On 1/12/2016 at 4:06 PM, Glóin the Dark said:

It's confirmed that 2017 won't be the final year, and the indications are that 2018 probably will. A more important question is how much screen time is left, and I don't think that we have any information on that. People seem to assume that it will automatically be a further two seasons of ten episodes each, but I don't see why that should be taken for granted.

On 1/12/2016 at 4:11 PM, Stefancos said:

Because that's the way they have been doing it for years now?

Things can change!

‘Game of Thrones’ Creators Mull Shorter Final Seasons

I could see HBO ordering two final seasons of 10 episodes each, yet them airing in 4 blocks of 5 or something. 

It seems clear they can't have ten episodes finished by next April, and I'd think HBO would want to keep that consistent start time.

What are you talking about?  They never were. The show has been different from the books since the opening scene.

SPOILERS AHEAD of course;

(I believe it has already been agreed here such warnings were only necessary for anything beyond the latest episode-- in the books or "next episode" bits, but just in case...)

In the end, while the title implied a significant part of the episode would focus on "The Red Woman", her scenes were only brief bookends to the episode, with a surprise at the end (a ghastly one too, especially the way the scene was going).

They teased the possibility of Jon's resurrection by The Red Woman.

Arya must now become Dare-she-devil.

Moriarty is returning to Elementary! Oops, right actress, wrong series. Natalie Dormer is still rotting in a cell.

Why doesn't Jorah cut off his hand? I understand he prefers to be able to fight two-handed as long as possible, but it might also quickly become too late to stop the infection; I'm sure he could still  beat a lot of soldiers with just one hand.

Not a bad start. It's a pretty standard season introduction, and at least with this one, we actually see the plot moving, or at least things are being set up for something much larger. Let's hope the momentum doesn't falter in this season.

I thought it was a rather brisk first episode exposition and catching up with the current events included. This is now pretty much uncharted territory as far as the main plot is concerned although I am sure some of the characters and storylines from A Feast for Crows will be included as there have been reports of certain actors cast in those parts. I didn't quite think some of the more surprising plot twists would come in this very first episode but they do setup very interesting possibilities.

Yeah, in that sense it was one of the better season openers. But again, could use less of the location/character jumping.

I was disappointed with Doran's fate though. He was far more interesting in the novels, and it seems like by eliminating him, he comes off as pretty redundant in the show. But I guess this was their way of not going into the more convoluted plotline that Doran opened up in the books. I wish we got to see more of his cunning though. His end came off as more "shock-value" then a genuine character death.

1 hour ago, KK said:

Yeah, in that sense it was one of the better season openers. But again, could use less of the location/character jumping.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

The whole Dorne storyline has been now significantly altered, whatever the direction it may take but this was evident from the end of last season. I was sorry to see Alexander Siddig go as he is a fine actor and I would have loved to see him developing Doran's character but then again so many characters have died who were played by brilliant actors in this series. As I said above I am interested to see where this twist will take Dorne in the series if anywhere.

2 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Drone has been poorly handled in the show but it's a damn sight better than the mess it is in the books!

Yeah Djawadi drones quite a bit in the show. It wasn't poorly handled to my ears, quite masterful droning in fact. ;)

And I think there are these slow burning storylines and side stories which have been severely cut or altered for the benefit of a tighter narrative, which has actually worked very well in many instances. Let's see how the story now in part uncharted by Martin will play out in the end.

Another thing that intrigues me is, how much of what we are seeing now in the show will contain spoilers in relation to Martin's upcoming books and how faithful will the series be to the bigger arc of Martin's narrative, the end of which the author has revealed to the showrunners.

1 hour ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Sorry Dorne. Still not used to this autocorrect!

It was such a delicious autocorrect I could not help myself but have a bit of fun with it. ;)