Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

12120132_1041973019187632_21058467039865

First billing after the actors.

Speaking of the actors, interesting that Harrison Ford gets top billing, and in fact the OT trio all gets credited before the new "main characters". Even the villain gets credited before them, though I suppose he has a more established career.

Another Death Star too? Sheesh!

But this one is bigger and more powerful - the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of this ultimate weapon! Plus it definitely doesn't have any weaknesses the Resistance can exploit.

Well, no Struzan signature I can see in the high res.

Also why didn't Gwendoline Christie get billed?

Odd it has stormtroopers on both sides. So there's no rebel forces to fight them?

Heh another super weapon? Third time's the charm eh?

I am going into this burning with nostalgia! TIE Fighters, X-Wings, lightsabers, Millenium Falcon!

It's better than the Struzan version and it's better than modern movie posters, but it's not perfect. It's somewhere in between the illustrated look of the classic posters and a modern photoshopped poster. The giant lens flare, the glows and the colors are just fugly, but it's otherwise pretty solid. The Stormtroopers at the bottom remind me of the First Contact poster:

startrek1stcontact.jpg

It's because Luke is only at the very end of the movie.

I agree with BloodBoal that it's an extremely crowded poster, and that's got me worried that the film is going to have way too many characters.