Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Perhaps Luke got tired of his celebrity "Emperor and Darth Vader killer" status and withdrew from public to live on a far away little planet as a hermit for the rest of his days. Han Solo and Leia broke up and ended up with severe drug addictions induced by the Ewok parties, booze and drug filled celebrity lifestyle in the aftermath of the battle of Endor. And thus 30 years into the future no one remembers these has been celebrities from the Rebellion days, if such thing ever really even existed. Or the Empire. That is like 30 years ago man and when you're 15 that is like eternity.

I wouldn't say the trailer revealed too much. It's not like it spoiled a major plot twist like other films this summer *coughTerminatorGenisyscough*.

Also, Han's attitude change towards the Force.

I don't like the "Yes, the stories are all true ... Darth Vader, The Emperor, Luke Skywalker's herioc involvement, ... I was there and I saw it all."

And I don't like the voice of the new Darth Vader.

I don't like the "Yes, the stories are all true ... Darth Vader, The Emperor, Luke Skywalker's herioc involvement, ... I was there and I saw it all."

Well, it's true. Han has had thirty-three years to change his attitude from when he first met a Jedi. He must have witnessed a lot since then regarding The Force.

I love lens flares! I wish Abrams made a movie about lens flares called "The Glaring Flare's Last Gleaming".

Well he is not Vader but a Vader-wannabe and so he doesn't have James Earl Jones' badass voice. Must be something wrong with his helmet voice modulator.

That was my favorite part of the trailer. Having Han, a previous hard-skeptic being (what is assumed to be) one of the few people who still believes in "magic and ancient hokey religions" is a bit poignant.

That was my favorite part of the trailer. Having Han, a previous hard-skeptic being (what is assumed to be) one of the few people believing in "magic hokey religions" is a bit poignant.

"I was there man, I saw the Force! I believe!"

Originally I thought this was going to be the first Star Wars film where the dialogue wouldn't be something reviewers complained about but having seen the trailer... It's still Star Wars dialogue ?

That was my favorite part of the trailer. Having Han, a previous hard-skeptic being (what is assumed to be) one of the few people who still believes in "magic and ancient hokey religions" is a bit poignant.

What's he trying to do, scare them? He sounds like my mother. They've known each other for a long time. They don't believe in magic, a lot of superstitious hocus pocus. They're going after a find of incredible historical significance, he's talking about the boogie man. Besides, you know what a cautious lot of youngins they are.

Originally I thought this was going to be the first Star Wars film where the dialogue wouldn't be something reviewers complained about but having seen the trailer... It's still Star Wars dialogue

Well at least they got something related to the spirit of OT right then. :P

I don't know why you guys think this new trailer didn't reveal anything about the plot. I think it did reveal quite a few things (that is, if you're paying attention to what's in there). I think it's easy to figure out roughly how the story will unfold in the first third/half of the film based on it.

That's the thing. You can pretty much see how it's going to play out. And I don't think I really like it.

So don't see it then. Put your money where your mouth is.

I don't know why you guys think this new trailer didn't reveal anything about the plot. I think it did reveal quite a few things (that is, if you're paying attention to what's in there). I think it's easy to figure out roughly how the story will unfold in the first third/half of the film based on it.

That's the thing. You can pretty much see how it's going to play out. And I don't think I really like it.

I'm not dismissing it Lee. Of course I want to see this film! Just not sure I like where all this is heading (Darth Vader legacy, Death Star 3.0, etc etc).

What is it about the old-school SW fans and this movie? It seems you have to either 100% love everything you see, or have your throat lunged at.

I'm not dismissing it Lee. Of course I want to see this film! Just not sure I like where all this is heading (Darth Vader legacy, Death Star 3.0, etc etc).

What is it about the old-school SW fans and this movie? It seems you have to either 100% love everything you see, or have your throat lunged at.

It's not that actually with me. At all. No, it's something else.

I'm undecided about the new movie's chances and I think Abrams is almost entirely uninteresting. I may watch this trailer later.

Looks like just another Hollywood blockbuster with a $ 200 million budget. The days when Star Wars was truly something special and unique are long gone.

Yeah 30 years gone.

Hey, I'm old school and I know what you are saying. I'm a little bit worried about the dialogue and the remake level of this movie. I did like the man climbing down the spaceship's carcase in the beginning of the trailer.

Hey, I'm old school and I know what you are saying. I'm a little bit worried about the dialogue and the remake level of this movie. I did like the man climbing down the spaceship's carcase in the beginning of the trailer.

It was a woman!

I hope they give us a 5 minute exposition opening title crawl so we can get acquainted with the current events of the last 30 years of SW galaxy. Trade disputes and all.

Star Wars nerd!

Simple cold logic my friend, simple ice cold logic and deduction.

And I prefer "The Lord of the Rings nerd" thank you very much! :pfft:

Indeed. There are promising visual shots, and there are clearly a lot of things they seem to be doing right. But there's just something in the dialogue, and maybe the very premise itself that I find a little bit concerning.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

That's the beauty of early teasers. They remain wonderfully vague. You don't know what be movie will be like. Anything is possible. With this official trailer, things are starting to take shape and I don't know if I like it.

I have a feeling that I will hate every scene that has Han Solo in it.

Alex

I do like the fact it still remains vague in terms of plot (like the final trailer for The Dark Knight Rises was). The dialogue sounds a bit stiff. But that might be because of the horrible music arrangements and overall tone.

Karol

I do like the fact it still remains vague in terms of plot

Actually, I was referring to the plot. Is this Star Wars all over again? A new Darth Vader, a new Luke Skywalker, ...

Actually, I was referring to the plot. Is this Star Wars all over again? A new Darth Vader, a new Luke Skywalker, ...

Well, yeah. What did you expect?

Karol

They need to turn up the colors.

Like where? I'm seeing some pretty nice reds, oranges, greens, blues. Some of those shots, I don't think you could get more saturated within the boundaries of good taste (and even if you tried then people would of course start complaining about how it looks "too Disney"...)

I'm glad to see the recent resurgence in anamorphic format in shooting films these days. It's everywhere in TV commercials too!

In the 90s, the Super 35 format had become popular and was generally the format of choice for many filmmakers in the 2000s. Then digital came along, and we began seeing 2.35:1 crops from 16:9 frames, which unfortunately still happens.

Let's hope the is some kind of Abrams twist in there somewhere that turns the familiar setup on its head.