Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

He's definitely short enough

Too short for a Stormtrooper!

So will he be a Jawa or an ewok?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

He will be the cousin of Salacious B. Crumb!

640px-Crumb_btm.jpg

Yes! You have to admire that industry and dedication to the cause of Williams!

To be honest, I think it was a mistake to make any of the old cast the leading roles in this film. They should be supporting roles like Alec Guinness in the first one. My only fear for this movie was that it would become a nostalgia fest rather than launching Star Wars for a new generation.

Well he had Force powers, otherwise the Jedi Council wouldn't have employed him.

Han Solo doesn't have Force powers, so Ep7 makes the first SW flick that doesn't have a Force sensitive bloke or sheela as the lead/central character.

Abrams and Kennedy should just employ the Chewbacca Defense.

This is the inherent issue with locking in, and marrying yourself to, a release date before the film even starts filming, or even before pre-production. Iger has about as much mobility as Ford's leg right now.

As long as there's a Williams score the movie can suck I don't care

That seems a rather narrow view.

The actual Hamill quote in the article is, "I have this feeling that no matter what we do there’s going to be a faction that really is disappointed. You just can’t live up to that." Which is pretty much factually true for any given sequel/prequel/reboot/spinoff/whatever. There are gonna be people who think it sucks, and there are gonna be people who love it. I just hope I'll be fortunate enough to align myself with the latter.

yeah, he's right anyways. I like him better to say this candidly

I mean poor Mark Hamill, he hasn;t done anything in the past 25 years, now he's suddenly the most scrutinized actor on the planet and he must bear the expectations of billions of Star Wars fans

If this does turn out to be a good movie then the faction that will undoubtedly be 'disappointed' and claim it 'sucks' will be those who watch every single preview trailer/clip (there will be LOADS near release, a carefully managed drip feed), pour over every single image and scrutinise it all to within an inch of its life till they practically know how the movie plays out before they even see it.

They'll be the ones. And they will be many in number.

the thing is...we may be setting our hopes too high just seeing these little 'old school' snippets.

There could be a greater dissapointment than with TPM. Even if the film is better.

The film is already a success. It's a Star Wars film not directed by George. The odds of a Star Wars film being good are 50% if not directed by George, but only 25% if it is.

Just do what I do, guys: set yourself absolutely no expectations for this film.

Exactly. When your excitement is limited to only the fact that a movie is happening, and doesn't include any preconceptions or expectations, you can't be disappointed.

This one won't even be remotely similar to the prequels stylistically or dialogue-wise, which are the two of the main issues (of many) with that trilogy. I'm confident in that at least. The acting seems relatively secure.

We have seen Ford acting for years, so we know what to expect. But the performances of Hamill and fisher may not be what one expects for Luke and Leia.

I just want it to be dec 2015 already :P