Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

We have seen Ford acting for years, so we know what to expect. But the performances of Hamill and fisher may not be what one expects for Luke and Leia.

I just want it to be dec 2015 already :P

As long as Luke doesn't start going all Joker crazy and cackling than I think Hamil will be fine. He has been acting, albeit voice acting, consistently. Its Fisher and all her baggage that is the real wildcard. I saw her in an episode of Legit recently, and let's just say, I have big worries about her. Hopefully she'll be used sparingly and JJ keeps her in check.

Can't be worse than Karen Allen in Crystal Skull right?

C'mon, let's not bring Karen into this. Compared to Kate Capshaw now, she's aged well.

I'm just curious why JJ is still casting this movie. I think he's too picky on who he wants, and he doesn't want to pull the trigger until Kathleen says "JJ, it's now or never. You gotta make offers for who you want."

Parkour? It seems almost too much of a modern fad to fit in anywhere, might look weird and distracting in the Star Wars universe. While we're at it maybe the cantina band has moved onto dubstep at this point in the future. Oooh, and they can communicate through Twitter instead of the Force.

Luke Skywalker @RedFive

@SoloFalcon ready to kick some Sith ass?! #YOLO

Hans Solo @SoloFalcon

@RedFive Speak for yourself! #ForceGhost

Haha, I like this comment on that article

Star wars for a long time had 3 movies, and was 100% good as a series. Then they made 3 more and it became 50% good. If Episode VII is bad, then it will be a series with more bad entries than good, and each subsequent episode and spinoff film Disney makes that is a dud will further dilute that.
HOWEVER, I'm really getting the sense that JJ and his team are giving this all their effort and the best possible intentions, and I feel the force may in fact be strong with this new movie. Everything so far that they've released has made me more optimistic. The script is the big question mark, but it seems possible that this might end up being great! Here's hoping.

Parkour? It seems almost too much of a modern fad to fit in anywhere, might look weird and distracting in the Star Wars universe.

Meh...I'm assuming his background will be used similarly to Ray Park's in TPM, and that was one of the good things about that film. These skills could be used to help create an unusually nimble hero or villain. Doesn't have to look like modern parkour.

Please oh please don't let it be in 3D.

Recent reports indicate that it will be post-production 3D conversion.

You will still be able to see a 2D version in the theaters, so don't worry.

EDIT -

http://clubjade.net/?p=59454

This is where I read it - however the source that supposedly confirmed the 3D conversion with IMAX is now a 404 Page Not Found error, so who knows.

Leaked Star Wars Episode VII Filmset Footage!

:biglaugh:

Looks like the Story of Star Wars plays on Earth too in the next Episode. I took these pictures on my Flight back from the States to Germany at the Frankfurt Airport. Seems like the biggest german airport plays a key role as an imperial starport in the new episode -- there have just been imperial forces at the scene.
Maybe the Rebelboys hide in Berlin... :-D

The mundanity of that video made me feel like a kid again.

That was always my favorite part of Star Wars growing up, trying to imagine my world filled with the gadgets and spaceships of Star Wars.

I was always more in love with that aspect, and that idea than the movies themselves I think.

The mundanity of that video made me feel like a kid again.

That was always my favorite part of Star Wars growing up, trying to imagine my world filled with the gadgets and spaceships of Star Wars.

I was always more in love with that aspect, and that idea than the movies themselves I think.

Same here. That "lived-in universe" feel was probably what I loved most.

An F-Wing would need to look like the letter F, not simply be flat. The long proud history of X, Y, A, B, and T-Wings, among others, disagree with you. But I'll just pat you on the head, kid, for your clever insistence.

The official Star Wars Twitter feed "confirms" it is an X-Wing instead of a Z-95 Headhunter. I call shenanigans.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/21/lucasfilm-confirms-x-wing-fighter-and-not-z-95-headhunter-in-sta/

I'm not sure what reason they'd have to lie about that. BTW, I'm pretty sure the existance of a machine called a "Z-95 Headhunter" is no longer in-canon.

The A/SF-01 B-wing heavy fast attack starfighter, known simply as the B-wing starfighter, was one of the largest and most heavily armed starfighters/bombersin the Rebel Alliance's fleet. The name B-wing came from the craft's remote similarity in appearance to the lowercase letter "b", although its swordlike shape in attack mode has earned it the nickname "blade-wing", which may be another reason for the "b" prefix.

The official Star Wars Twitter feed "confirms" it is an X-Wing instead of a Z-95 Headhunter. I call shenanigans.http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/21/lucasfilm-confirms-x-wing-fighter-and-not-z-95-headhunter-in-sta/
I'm not sure what reason they'd have to lie about that. BTW, I'm pretty sure the existance of a machine called a "Z-95 Headhunter" is no longer in-canon.
I realize that. They can't unofficially release new canon before the new movie and all official tie-in media. A rose by any other name.

Ya whoever called that an X-Wing needs to be fired. That's clearly a Z95 Headhunter they're the only fighters that was similar to the X-Wing but only had two engines instead of four.