Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

It's not possible that it's simply a redesigned X-Wing? This is over 30 years later, it's unlikely to be exactly the same.

If the wing's can't/don't make an 'X' shape, it shouldn't be called an "X-Wing."

I'm glad you're not a hiring manager.

Humor, it is a difficult concept.

No, it's not. You just have a tendency to often pass judgment on who ought to be fired. It's one of your trademark jokes. I have my own bag of standard stale jokes, too.

Certainly the fighters in the Star Wars universe would have evolved since the classic trilogy. X-Wing fighters may have gone out of production, and granted, the Z-95's are even older, being used mainly by folks poorer than the Rebellion.

Maybe JJ means for the new X-Wing line to not need movable wings, but he believes that name is more important than function, ie the audience is dumb. Thanks JJ.

Tapatalk doesn't seem to want to let me unlike that post. Oh Zuckerberg...

Luke didn't lose his robotic hand in ROTJ, Vader did. Luke had his hand shot and damaged. Plus, I'd have a hard time believing anything that was lost aboard DS2 was recovered.

And yes, that is the ANH recording of Main Title.

It's more feasible to be Luke's ESB hand and lightaber.

BTW, guys i think the x-wing splits its wings differently, they join together as one, the front half is one wing and the rear half is another...i dont know if i explained myself...

I get you. There's a picture on Facebook that explains it. Let me dig it out.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=800616189978122&set=a.109062562466825.4596.107795539260194&type=1&theater

and 3d model! LOL

http://zippy.gfycat.com/AnchoredTenseAmericanwigeon.webm

I'm more concerned about the lack of an astromech droid!

Not all Rebel fighters actually used astromech droids.

My initial response to that X-Wing pic was satire, but you guys still went ahead and reacted like obsessive geeks anyway. That's pretty poor!
Boredom.

does not apply now, since all that shit has become the source of legends....

Anyway...i want to see this movie... but i'm starting to feel it is going to be perfect in the desing and old ways sfx....but the story is going to be weird.

I just hope that 'plot' rumour is fake because it is lame, very lame. Nobody thinking what Han Solo is doing not seeing luke for 30 years (and not caring much it seems to not look into the matter before some strangers come with a jedi relic). When he is supposed to be his brother in law. WTF happened to Carrie Fisher? ( ;) I mean, Leia?). I can't believe they would pull a Jurassic Park III- Alan-Ellie situation here....

Hardcore SW fans reckon you're not a real fan unless you love each film equally and you know the names and backstories of every single side character.

Nuts.

I like the hardcore fanboys who try defending Episode 2, which is, by far, one of the worst Hollywood films ever made.

AOTC is not a Hollywood film. Strictly speaking it's an indie flick.

That's true. George Lucas delivered the exact movie he wanted, no pressure from any Hollywood studio, or any outside factors really. All the producers on the film where his yes men.

Doesn't work though in reality. 'Indie' has very different connotations to what Star Wars and Lucas represent. Essentially, Star Wars is the the very epitome of Hollywood: enormous and influential American cinema.

The biggest movies come out of Hollywood and you don't really get bigger movies than Star Wars.

AOTC is worse than TPM. It looks like it was shot on some consumer grade digicam, the acting is atrocious, the plot is confusing, and even the love theme is hammy and skippable. But I rather like the rest of the score on the album.

At least TPM had a relatively organic aesthetic and felt reasonably fresh in 1999. ROTS looks great on paper but the movie itself just phoned it in.

AOTC is not a Hollywood film. Strictly speaking it's an indie flick.

Yeah, sure.

Whatever the fuck kind of film it is, it's one of the worst ever made.

Graffiti!

And to think most here still will press ORDER with giddy excitement when another High-Def edition of these movies comes out makes me depressed.

Heck, this photo is more Star Warsy than Return Of The Jedi plus all the prequels combined!

_76492226_76492224_zpsb18a2f13.jpg

Snyder tweeted this pic of Cavill as SuperJedi. A joke or is he in talks for one of the next installments?

BtRI0EpCEAAJBKu_zps80786f4e.jpg

Heck, this photo is more Star Warsy than Return Of The Jedi plus all the prequels combined!

_76492226_76492224_zpsb18a2f13.jpg

Snyder tweeted this pic of Cavill as SuperJedi. A joke or is he in talks for one of the next installments?

BtRI0EpCEAAJBKu_zps80786f4e.jpg

looks like sam witver...

That trailer was great! I still remember having these magazines in the early 90s where Lucas in interviews claimed he was going to make smaller movies, including Red Tails, which was apparently his life's goal. What the hell happened?

Lucas talks out if his ass, and has done so for decades!

So does the writer of the article. In his/her own words:

When the franchise was revived in 2002, the Luke Skywalker character was only seen as a baby in Revenge of the Sith (Episode III).

That trailer was great! I still remember having these magazines in the early 90s where Lucas in interviews claimed he was going to make smaller movies, including Red Tails, which was apparently his life's goal. What the hell happened?

Francis Ford Coppola mentioned in a Directors Guild interview a few years ago that he still talks about it. I'm not holding my breath, but I'd be curious to see if it restored even the tiniest spark to his work. He used to be such a wonderful filmmaker. :(