LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

enderdrag64

There's some music here not from the films (like in the ROTS level). So either it also has an original score, or they just tracked music in from the Battlefront games.

EDIT: I don't recognize any of it, so I don't think it's from any of the previous games. Plus it doesn't sound like a real orchestra, or at least a larger one. So I think it has an original score.

2 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

There's some music here not from the films (like in the ROTS level). So either it also has an original score, or they just tracked music in from the Battlefront games.

EDIT: I don't recognize any of it, so I don't think it's from any of the previous games. Plus it doesn't sound like a real orchestra, or at least a larger one. So I think it has an original score.

whatever it is, sounds quite good to my ears composition-wise :) 

Music wise, I care a little bit less than I used to when I first signed up to this forum.

Gameplay wise, the complete saga was so much fun....this looks cool too. I'm very interested in how they've made it a more zoomed in, third person experience.  These games can "hand-hold" a lot, so I hope it's not too bad.  Most of the Lego video games I've enjoyed had a more zoomed out, open world experience.  One of the reasons why Lego Indy 2 sucked vs the original.

I'll probably give this a purchase though.

On 21/03/2022 at 10:54 AM, Dr. Rick said:

I’ve already got the game pre-ordered (digital deluxe version), can’t wait to collect all the bricks!!  😝 

No Rick left unturned.

Slave I* has 4 engines, the big one has been split in two? 

*damn they really changed the name to Boba fetts starship. 

How lame is that? Is slave so offensive a word now? 

14 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Slave I* has 4 engines, the big one has been split in two? 

*damn they really changed the name to Boba fetts starship. 

How lame is that? Is slave so offensive a word now? 

Tell me you're white without telling me you're white. 

12 hours ago, Positivatee said:

Tell me you're white without telling me you're white. 

Slave is a descriptive world of a situation, it is not an insult, isnt it? 

Romans and moors enslaved white Spanish people... It problable all the different peoples of the world have been slaves at some point in their histories. 

Btw, Are they going to change the phantom menace and eliminate any mention of slavery too? 

And heck at leat create a new name for the ship, dont just name it generically. 

10 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

create a new name for the ship, dont just name it generically. 

Did you watch The Book of Boba Fett? He told Fennec Shand that his Firespray spaceship was trapped in Jabba's hangar.

Firespray-31 is the correct name for the class of ship that the Slave I is. It's still technically called the Slave I. It doesn't need to be actively called by that name anymore. 

The word "slave" is used many times in various movies, but it's not being used to sell those movies. 

The word "slave" is not a good word to slap on the outside of a toy box that you're selling to children, especially when so many consumers are descended from slaves of various empires and nations. Disney is wise to avoid controversy by distancing themselves from the word. 

7 hours ago, SilverTrumpet said:

I guess nobody wanted to discuss this topic in the video game thread with me................

I'm on the fence about wanting this game. 

I own the original saga game for Wii but I don't play it. I don't even know why I still own my Wii. 

2 hours ago, Positivatee said:

Did you watch The Book of Boba Fett? He told Fennec Shand that his Firespray spaceship was trapped in Jabba's hangar.

Firespray-31 is the correct name for the class of ship that the Slave I is. It's still technically called the Slave I. It doesn't need to be actively called by that name anymore. 

The word "slave" is used many times in various movies, but it's not being used to sell those movies. 

The word "slave" is not a good word to slap on the outside of a toy box that you're selling to children, especially when so many consumers are descended from slaves of various empires and nations. Disney is wise to avoid controversy by distancing themselves from the word. 

The merchandise actively calls the ship "boba fett's starship" not firespray-31, a name i would not have a problem with. 

The toys and other mechandise had been named slave I for 40 years, and i think nobody cared.... 

I think It has never been called Slave I in films or tv... So in truth i dont know if that name is even canon, and they could have chosen a new cool name. 

Does this dicussion break forum rules? I would not like to continue if thats the case. 

1 hour ago, Positivatee said:

Calling it "slave" sounds dirty. It would be like selling Lego sets for Leia's torture / mind rape scene, or with her rape costume from Jabba's Palace. 

Which begs the question...in the new videogame, how are Oola and Leia dressed in Jabba's Court room (and the latter in the sail barge too)...

Slave is not a nice word. It never was. George should've named it something else, but George never predicted his ships would become Lego sets and his bad guys would become good guys with their own TV shows.

Still children, from over the world loved evil boba fett for 40 years.

PD: are hard drives master/slave today or have they changed nomenclature too?

45 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

PD: are hard drives master/slave today or have they changed nomenclature too?

The terms have been phasing out for twenty years. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master/slave_(technology)

I've been building personal computers since the 90s.  The days of using one data cable to connect multiple IDE hard drives, with the need to specify which drive takes priority, are over. SATA hard drives have no jumpers for master/slave. One drive, one cable. 

Just don't fuck up the drive assignment in your BIOS. If you mix up your RAID array with your standalone disks, your data is hosed. 

I dont know but the lego games look less legoly every year. The resistance base is just a photoreal jungle with lego minifigures spread arround... .. Even the blockade runner and the imperial star destroyer do not look like a real lego set. 

7 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I dont know but the lego games look less legoly every year. The resistance base is just a photoreal jungle with lego minifigures spread arround... .. Even the blockade runner and the imperial star destroyer do not look like a real lego set. 

really? I thought the exact opposite:

image.png

I mean not all of the environments are made out of lego in either game, but in the Skywalker Saga from the footage I've seen it looks like more of it is

Slave 1 is called as such because it was an enforcement ship on a prison moon that Jango stole. This is true for both canons.

Let’s not pretend that the name change happened for any other reason than that of a cynical marketing one. The moral argument holds zero weight when it’s done by a company that will pander to racist outlooks if it’s more marketable in certain places.

In a narrative sense they ended up writing themselves into a corner. They can’t change the personal name of the ship because that would create contradictions, but it’s also weird to have the literal owner of the ship call it by its model name. It would be like if Han said ‘you never heard of the YT-1300 Corellian Freighter?’

Something's I'm noticing playing Lego Star Wars, the very very first Lego game-
Some of the mini kits are pretty easy to find, unlike Indiana Jones, so it's nice that they improved on the puzzles and whatnot
In Revenge of the Sith, when you rescue the chancellor in free play, after killing Dooku his hair piece and head go flying and that's all that's left
One of the doors immediately after that that requires a protocol droid to open, all that's behind it is a brick wall

Was playing the very first Lego SW game today, and these are some things I picked up on, which I thought was funny. The new one looks like it'll follow the previous Lego games humor wise, which is exciting.

I guess the embargo must have lifted today because there are tons of gameplay videos on youtube now. Either that or people got physical copies early. Anyways, there's definitely some officially unreleased music in the game because I'm hearing stuff that wasn't on the OST in at least the Phantom Menace gameplay I've seen. Everything I've heard so far is all stuff we have already from other games/the UE though

Edit: Here are some complete playthroughs of entire episodes I found with music enabled and no commentary:

The Phantom Menace:

The Empire Strikes Back:

Return of the Jedi:

The Force Awakens:

The Last Jedi

I haven't seen any complete uploads for episodes II,III, IV or IX yet, although there are a few excerpts of revenge of the sith here and there, namely the mustafar fight, and of course footage from IV is all over the place just not in one complete upload

On 27/03/2022 at 6:55 PM, DarthDementous said:

Let’s not pretend that the name change happened for any other reason than that of a cynical marketing one. The moral argument holds zero weight when it’s done by a company that will pander to racist outlooks if it’s more marketable in certain places.

Surely you're boycotting this horrible racist company then, and won't feel the need to participate in any future discussions about it.

42 minutes ago, enderdrag64 said:

I guess the embargo must have lifted today because there are tons of gameplay videos on youtube now. Either that or people got physical copies early. Anyways, there's definitely some officially unreleased music in the game because I'm hearing stuff that wasn't on the OST in at least the Phantom Menace gameplay I've seen. Everything I've heard so far is all stuff we have already from other games/the UE though

Edit: Here are some complete playthroughs of entire episodes I found with music enabled and no commentary:

The Phantom Menace:

The Empire Strikes Back:

Return of the Jedi:

The Force Awakens:

The Last Jedi

I haven't seen any complete uploads for episodes II,III, IV or IX yet, although there are a few excerpts of revenge of the sith here and there, namely the mustafar fight, and of course footage from IV is all over the place just not in one complete upload

I didn't hear anything unreleased. From what I could tell it was all either from the OST or the UE releases. Have any timestamps?

13 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I didn't hear anything unreleased. From what I could tell it was all either from the OST or the UE releases. Have any timestamps?

Yeah I think you're right I rechecked against the UE all the phantom menace stuff I heard probably came from there.

2 hours ago, JohnTheBaptist said:

Surely you're boycotting this horrible racist company then, and won't feel the need to participate in any future discussions about it.

What on earth are you talking about? I'm not the one making the moral argument, unless you're denying that Disney doesn't pander to racist outlooks for marketability?

This is one of the most baffling replies I've ever gotten. Even if I was boycotting the company, staying quiet about what I was boycotting them for makes absolutely zero sense

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

...this is the fucking SE master isn't it

Ugh... sounds like it. I'm assuming that's all the game developers were given to work with.

From the parts of the Ep. 7 gameplay, it sounded like the tracks they featured were the micro-edited album versions too.

There was some stuff I didn't recognize in a couple of gameplay videos I saw. It didn't sound like it was from the movies. Mostly menu and results screens I think. Aside from unreleased Williams music, is there additional music for the game at all?

10 hours ago, enderdrag64 said:

Either that or people got physical copies early.

That's it. Some stores sold early. It's like the good old days.

14 minutes ago, crypto said:

No Falcon Flight for that sequence, no Rey Training for that sequence... sheesh.

Think we can forget about unreleased sequel music in this game :angry:

I understand disappointment, I do not understand anger in this case.

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

I understand disappointment, I do not understand anger in this case.

Disney still only giving out the edited OSTs and 25 year old fucked up garbage masters to use? Yeah, not understandable at all

1 hour ago, Holko said:

Disney still only giving out the edited OSTs and 25 year old fucked up garbage masters to use? Yeah, not understandable at all

Why go through all the hassle of collating the sessions, when you can just hand over a couple CD's* and call it a day?

*or zip files whatever.