Jerry Goldsmith's THE BURBS (1989) NEW! 2022 Expanded Edition from La-La Land Records

Jay

I've always enjoyed this score and am glad to finally get a definitive presentation!

I remember thinking the old Varese Club CD didn't sound very good, so am looking forward to hearing the new mastering on top of the new presentation!

I love-love-love this film and how the score works within it, but I've not been into the score as a standalone listen. It's actually my favorite Goldsmith score (in film) outside of his Star Trek scores. 

3 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

It is great that this score is now available for more people.

And with the correct film versions of cues, which you’d pointed out were unreleased before!

Yavar

2 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

And with the correct film versions of cues, which you’d pointed out were unreleased before!

I need to find that post of mine again, to check whether I was right.

I’m thrilled!  I finally get to add this score to my collection.   I feel bad for not getting Small Soldiers and Matinee now. 

51 minutes ago, Jay said:

The previous "Home Furnace" was really a short version of "No Beer."

The previous "No Lights" was really "Home Furnace," meaning the actual "No Lights" debuts on this release.

Didn't we have the same scenario, when Intrada expanded Extreme Prejudice last year? On the old release "A Nice Fellow" was really an alternate version of a cue that made the first half of "The Funeral". Both these cues went into the track "You Ready?" on the new release, meaning the actual "A Nice Fellow" debuted on it.

6 hours ago, Andy said:

I’m thrilled!  I finally get to add this score to my collection.   I feel bad for not getting Small Soldiers and Matinee now. 

Matinee expanded is still available at least! (I’m sorry you missed out on Small Soldiers…)

Yavar

I give this to you - one of the greatest Jerry 'deep' themes:

Not unlike something we all need to love and appreciate - Stone: