Indiana Jones is better than everything

Jay

9 minutes ago, Andy said:

It occurred to me today…

In Last Crusade, when Jones nearly falls through the floor in the Word of God challenge, he ends up making his initials. 

These are the things I think about while avoiding spoilers. 

Henry Jones Jr.? HJJ? ;)

Buzz around DOD put me in the mood for a bit of everyone's favourite Nazi-punching archaeologist, so popped TLC into the DVD player last night. 

Much enjoyment lies within of course, although I will say this ... possibly due to TOD being seen as too dark/gory etc, until we get to the horse-and-tank chase followed by the 'Grail's last resting place' finale, there's a certain ... lack of peril (for want of a better phrase) apparent in the action sequences.    

I can crack it, but tbh it’s sorta scary. If you don’t know what you’re doing (I don’t really) you can hurt yourself.   It’s a quality made kangaroo hide whip, the real deal.  It breaks the sound barrier when it cracks so it sounds almost like a gunshot. 

4 minutes ago, Brónach said:

yes we can get an indy with that vibe like jeremy irons or john malkovich

Indiana Jones 6: Being Indiana Jones

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

As soon as the AI advances enough to simply paste Ford over me completely. 

Finally, technology has caught up with imagination. Or was it the other way around? :huh:

Great costume @Andy!

You weren’t by any chance attending the JW concert at the Hollywood Bowl back in 2016 in full attire, we’re you? I was sitting next to a dude sporting the Jones-outfit and shook his hand just because he looked so damn cool!

3 hours ago, rough cut said:

Great costume @Andy!

You weren’t by any chance attending the JW concert at the Hollywood Bowl back in 2016 in full attire, we’re you? I was sitting next to a dude sporting the Jones-outfit and shook his hand just because he looked so damn cool!

No that wasn’t me, but what a wonderful gesture on your part!  I’m sure you made that person’s day.  

2 hours ago, Pieter Boelen said:

Just came back from watching the film.

Indiana Jones IS better than everything!

Im so happy to hear that Pieter!! 

I went to go listen to The Last Crusade this morning and as I did not have my own music files handy I went to Spotify. Do people know the Concord recordings are there? But there's no disc 4?

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/07/2023 at 5:31 PM, Tallguy said:

I went to go listen to The Last Crusade this morning and as I did not have my own music files handy I went to Spotify. Do people know the Concord recordings are there? But there's no disc 4?

They've been there for years.

Just now, JWilliamsFan1999 said:

image.jpeg

Does anyone here own the 1995 expanded edition of Raiders Of The Lost Ark's soundtrack? I sure do and I love it so much.

I do own it on CD and on vinyl. It's a great release but we still need a definitive version.

Karol

6 hours ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

One thing that I really like about the DCC release is that it exists in a rarely-seen perfect middle ground where both C&C fans and OST fans like this album more than the other releases for this score.  The music is presented chronologically, without any mid-cue microedits, but even from an OST fan's perspective, it's still a tight listening experience.  There are cues omitted from the program, but even from a C&C fan's perspective, the program doesn't suffer too much from these few missing cues; it feels complete, even though it isn't.

Honestly, if a perfect Mike Matessino release of this score had more-or-less the structure Jay posted awhile back, but also included a third disc that featured a rebuild of the DCC program without the between-track cue endings, I wouldn't complain about its inclusion at all, especially since it'd be a nice way to include the short edit of the Raiders March with the coda without needing to cram it into one of the first two discs.

Throw in a new assembly of the full Desert Chase that uses the uncut album take of Indy's Feats (the last 2-and-a-half minutes of the track, starting when the Nazi soldier kicks Indy in the shoulder) in the Alternates section on Disc 2 (for a total of 76-ish minutes) and it'd be the perfect Raiders expansion as far as I'm concerned.

It would be awesome if we get another La-La Land release but with Indiana Jones because they already did this with E.T., Close Encounters and Jurassic Park from what I've heard. 

1 hour ago, JWilliamsFan1999 said:

It would be awesome if we get another La-La Land release but with Indiana Jones because they already did this with E.T., Close Encounters and Jurassic Park from what I've heard. 

What would you want to be included on this program?  Any particular unreleased tracks you'd be looking forward to?

8 hours ago, Andy said:

Man that DCC… for those who weren’t around back then… after going so long with the OST, when the dam burst with the 4CD Star Wars Anthology and then this DCC of Raiders… it was indescribably awesome.  Getting all.those. iconic. unreleased.cues made the hairs on the neck stand up.  And hearing the complete unedited Desert Chase was just amazing.  The mix leans heavy on the tubas in that track… I hope Matessino preserves that one day, because it was so much more wonderfully pronounced than on the OST mastering. 

These days we all want complete, with alternates, and Matessino mastering.  But it cannot be understated what a gift that was to the devoted back then. 

My Raiders playlist is basically that CD with the Concord sets Washington Men/Indys Home track (that cue was a grail cue of mine, however short it is)

15 hours ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

What would you want to be included on this program?  Any particular unreleased tracks you'd be looking forward to?

The Score in order as we hear it in the film, but definitely an extended version of some the action music and the Raiders March and Marion's Theme.

9 hours ago, Andy said:

Man that DCC… for those who weren’t around back then… after going so long with the OST, when the dam burst with the 4CD Star Wars Anthology and then this DCC of Raiders… it was indescribably awesome.  Getting all.those. iconic. unreleased.cues made the hairs on the neck stand up.  And hearing the complete unedited Desert Chase was just amazing.  The mix leans heavy on the tubas in that track… I hope Matessino preserves that one day, because it was so much more wonderfully pronounced than on the OST mastering. 

These days we all want complete, with alternates, and Matessino mastering.  But it cannot be understated what a gift that was to the devoted back then. 

This exists??? An unedited version of Desert Chase???? Where can I find this?