Indiana Jones is better than everything

Jay

22 minutes ago, Andy said:

the score sheet has leaked for decades.  Anyone have just the lyrics?

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

(page 7 / bars 28-31 are missing in the scan)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

That's JW's writing? How can anyone read it?

Well for one thing, they are not reading it from a scan.

Coram! Coram! Coram Soogorahm!

Hup hup hup! Jolly hup! Jolly hup!

It’s weird though… doesn’t Jones chant “Mola Ram Sundarum” when he’s in the black sleep?

1 hour ago, A Farewell to Kings said:

Korah! Korah! Korah, Sutahmah!

Yes, except for some reason I hear something along the lines of 'sunya'ROTFLMAO

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Edmilson said:

This was all it took for a major blockbuster to create a memorable scene: classic score, great direction and acting, belieavable special effects...

These days they all try to impress us with overlong CGI fights, and it rarely is as memorable. And I say that as someone who used to love the MCU.

If raiders was a marvel movie there would have been a faux awkward joke made by Sallah when helping Indy down in the map room. 

10 hours ago, Andy said:

You’re 100% correct, and though I’m not the first to mention this, but even the chalkboard exposition scene (which sets up the Map Room) with Jones and Marcus schooling Musgrove and Eaton is endlessly watchable and entertaining.   

4 guys in suits, a chalkboard, and an old book. 

And so compelling every time, you’d never skip chapters. 

the 7 minute part with the two scenes seems to be root of several different things in a section of Stargate (if not like half of the premise to start with), which in turn seems to be the origin of a section of Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and i find this fun for some reason

On 16/03/2023 at 1:41 AM, Edmilson said:

It feels so good that all this love for Ke Huy Quan reminded people of how much they loved Temple of Doom, after years of being considered a "lesser" film. 

i have a lot of complaints about this movie but the entire concept and execution of both Short Round and Willie is genius to me. i have to recognize the quality when i see it. it's odd that some people would complain about the kid and the lady.

• 4 weeks later...

And “The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones”, as they’re calling it. But this wasn’t announced in the main announcement, it was a separate announcement a little bit later in the day. No idea when this is coming to D+, however.

IMG_8533.png

30 minutes ago, Brando said:

And “The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones”, as they’re calling it. But this wasn’t announced in the main announcement, it was a separate announcement a little bit later in the day. No idea when this is coming to D+, however.

IMG_8533.png

Really glad to see Young Indy come to streaming as it's a show I've wanted to watch for ages. The four volumes of music by Laurence Rosenthal and Joel McNeely are much treasured (one of the first times I realised that TV music could be as big in scope as that for film - obviously that gap is much narrower, if it exists at all, these days) and it'll be great to see the shows they go with. Will have to give the Talgorn scores that he put on YouTube another listen. Here's one to get you going!

It’s ironic because I just started watching them on YouTube for the first time a couple months ago and I could’ve waited just a few more months and they’d probably be better quality to watch:lol:

52 minutes ago, Brando said:

It’s ironic because I just started watching them on YouTube for the first time a couple months ago and I could’ve waited just a few more months and they’d probably be better quality to watch:lol:

I would assume there's no reason they couldn't be in HD as they're all made on film and presumably the effects were all model/matte paintings that were also made on film. Then again, I remember reading in one of my ILM books (I think) that they were early examples of digital matte paintings that had moving elements in them (smoke, moving clouds, sparkling water, moving vehicles etc.) rather than the classic static matte painting, so it's possible these wouldn't be HD.

11 minutes ago, Tom Guernsey said:

90 minute movies made up of vaguely connected episodes stitched together (which I think is what they did?!).

whaaaaat this idea is awful

They did the same thing with the old Ewoks and Droids cartoons at the time of home video release - same era - though they were split into their broadcast versions for their eventual Disney+ upload.

unfortunately, I have it on good authority that these are the “movie versions” coming to Disney+

5 hours ago, Tom Guernsey said:

As I said, I'd much rather watch them as 45 minute episodes than 90 minute movies that don't really function as "proper" movies.

100% agree with this. The show is fine but for 90 minutes it does begin to drag.

3 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Have you had a stroke, or something?

Geez.

This is how the novelization writes the lyrics. Is this what the actual music is heard?