Warner Bros. unreleased / unexpanded titles that may never see the light of day

I can't think of much offhand that did receive an OST that I'm disappointed will not be expanded, other than The Witches of Eastwick and JFK. I'm not sure if much is missing from Sleepers.

In terms of completely unreleased stuff, these are the ones I'm sad we'll likely never see:

Assassins (Mancina)

The Long Kiss Goodnight* (Silvestri) 

Fair Game (Mancina)

One unexpanded title that does pop up a lot here is The Perfect Storm, although it's not a score I'm terribly familiar with.

Any others?

General thoughts?

*one score cue on OST does not count

Geez, I forgot that The Perfect Storm is from WB. It's one of my most wanted Horner holy grails, and now because Warners is in such a mess, the expansion may never see the light of day.

Better stick with the bootleg, then...

There's also the non-Williams Potter sequels, JW's JFK, lots of Goldenthal scores from the 90s...

11 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

No you didn't! :lol:

Don't Silva hold the rights to SUPERGIRL?

I thought so but I remember reading recently that it is not the case?

On 6/9/2023 at 10:17 AM, JTWfan77 said:

I'm not sure if much is missing from Sleepers.

There's roughly 21-22 minutes unreleased from Sleepers, if everything in the sketches was recorded:

Not necessarily, although I’m sure it’s not top priority in the bloodletting of their ongoing merger.

MV said WB “as of 2023 (is) not working with the labels any more.”

A Hobbit complete release would quite probably be released by their internal label as a wider release like the LOTR CRs and not by “the labels” that MV mentioned.  Although the movies were not the critical success, audience success, or financial success that I’m sure they had hoped for - so maybe it’s the kind of thing that they’ve washed their hands of (like apparently Doug’s long-completed book) and will be dumped on the labels down the line when the doors reopen.

On 08/09/2023 at 8:28 PM, Yavar Moradi said:

Having repeatedly listened to a complete film rip of the hour+ long Free Willy score... the existing half hour contains literally all the highlights and the vast majority of the orchestral music. If you want more synthy variants on the bonding/friendship theme, yeah there's more of it for you.

I agree on the synth part, I can live without that. But there's still some beautiful stuff missing, especially towards the end of the picture. That whacky marching band source called "The Willy Show" is fun. "The Present" is a touching 2.5min track (when Jesse breaks the window glass). "Something's Wrong" (Willy gets stage fright) is great suspense work.
The last act has almost 30 minutes of score alone, 6 of those 9 cues are unreleased. Among them is "Sabotage", my favorite unreleased cue, lots of action.
Between "Let's Free Willy!" and "Return To Freedom", which have been covered by the last score track on the album, there is still 12 minutes of unreleased score. "Stuck Truck", "Help", "Unstuck Truck" and "Almost Free" range from suspense, action to emotional. You could easily expand the album by 20 minutes and still leave out the annoying or redundant stuff!

Likely no hope for Blade Runner :crymore: :crymore: (or Alexander, for that matter), unless Vangelis' estate is really willing to push through all the red tape

Goldenthal's WB titles were already being ignored due to the 300 controversy, but at least we have leaks for Batman & Robin, Sphere, and Demolition Man (even if the latter two are incomplete)

Also, no hope for Pelican BriefConspiracy Theory, or Jack Nitzsche's work on The Exorcist, it seems :crymore: