What's the status of your Dial of Destiny CD order?

ciarlese

What's the status of your Dial of Destiny CD order?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What's the status of your Dial of Destiny CD order?

• Delivered
    • In transit
    • Ordered, not shipped yet
    • Waiting for it to be available again to order

Given the complete mess around this unfortunate release, I thought it would be useful to get a better understanding of how the ordering and delivering process is going.
I am reading weird stories, like people receiving the wrong CD, or parcels being sent back to Disney with the official reason of a wrong address which wasn't wrong at all, leading to a full refund months after the order and no chance to order it again unless it gets available again on the website.

I actually ordered the CD again on August 24 (I have the one I ordered on August 21 since early September already), and I see that my order from August 24 is apparently still in the US... Last update: November 6. It says: 'Ready for export'. 

My CD/vinyl bundle order dating July 2 (more than 4 months ago) is now in transit to Germany.

My CD order dating August 21 was delivered on September 14 (as confirmed by APC on October 25).

I ordered my CD and vinyl in mid-June and it was fulfilled in November. I assume the only reason for this was the delay with vinyl release. Other than frustratingly long waiting period, no other issues occured. It arrived in the UK a week later.

Karol

Ordered my CD on August 25th, it was shipped 2nd of November and the last update was from Rutherford NJ, US on the 10th of November.

I’m from Germany and had the opportunity or the „luck“ to order the CD two times. My first one on August 21.. the second one on August 24. The first one supposedly shipped on Sept. 8., the tracking status on APC stopped the first day of shipping. I asked APC several times: they gave the ever same answer: „we received only the parcel data but not the parcel itself“. DME replied on Oct 25. that my parcel is apparently lost in transit, they will refund me my money…The second one shipped supposedly on Nov. 2nd. APC tracking stopped exactly on this day, no progress since. APC again: only data, no parcel…I wrote DME four times in the last six days, no answer whatsoever. It’s a nightmare :-(

49 minutes ago, AndreasS said:

I’m from Germany and had the opportunity or the „luck“ to order the CD two times. My first one on August 21.. the second one on August 24. The first one supposedly shipped on Sept. 8., the tracking status on APC stopped the first day of shipping. I asked APC several times: they gave the ever same answer: „we received only the parcel data but not the parcel itself“. DME replied on Oct 25. that my parcel is apparently lost in transit, they will refund me my money…The second one shipped supposedly on Nov. 2nd. APC tracking stopped exactly on this day, no progress since. APC again: only data, no parcel…I wrote DME four times in the last six days, no answer whatsoever. It’s a nightmare :-(

Whoa, talk about bad luck! I hope DME will help you out here! 

9 hours ago, Sandor said:

Why judge so easily? Do you know the personal circumstances involved? I ordered a second copy for my brother, who helped me fight cancer this year. 

I'm talking about people who have one copy sealed and a second for listening. Or for selling on the secondary market. So don't get offended so easily please.

Just now, GerateWohl said:

Hey! Probably our disks are travelling together. 

Yeah that is very likely. Hopefully they will both arrive today or more likely tomorrow! 

14 hours ago, Steve said:

It's a bit greedy if people order the CD twice while others don't get a chance to buy even one... 😐

Some re-sellers are indeed greedy (see below)...but officially buying two for two individuals is OK, I think.

image.png

John Williams - Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD, USA & Canada, 2023) For Sale | Discogs

Big difference between buying a few copies for yourself or a friend for collectibility, and having an active intention to sell it on for many $$s.

I actually haven't opened mine - my sole reason for ordering was I had a chance to complete a set (with the Indy box) and I got the contents by other means back when I actually paid for it (with Spotify I wouldn't normally do that nowadays, but Disney fucked this up, so there). I get the frustration for those who didn't mange to get one, but certainly, no one should be made to feel guilty for buying a copy as long as they didn't do it purely to profiteer. (and for the record, I've never sold on a CD - my purchases are for me).

I've tried to do the same 'complete the set' for Who and GoT and not quite succeeded. And there's no way in hell I'd ever sell one of those.

3 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Apparently not enough for one seller to ask for nearly $600... they want $35 for postage too!

Something very wrong with the tone of that top one... they're using words to emotionally appeal directly to Williams collectors who get increasingly desperate to own the CD. Just downright wrong.

2 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

I knew, that was way too optimistisch.

Yes. Mine seems to be in Frankfurts International Post Zentrum since monday🙄 Hopfully it doesn't end up at the custom office.

My status is now (as of 15th of November) "Parcel order manifested, ready for export". Whatever that means. I wager it will take another month for it to get here. But hey at least it's moving. 

32 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

This is probably the most photographed CD cover in the past two Month in the world.

And it is a really ugly designed CD cover.

Mainly because it's the most difficult to get hold of since the creation of the CD audio standard...

5 hours ago, fuhrsy31 said:

......and they sent Return of the Jedi.....damn you Disney, damn you straight to hell!!! 

You are not the first one reporting this 😩

2 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

If they have no more single disks they should send you the new Indy box as replacement. 

If they have the box they have the single disk to put in the box, they are not making different disks just for the box.

My copy finally arrived to Finland today. Of course I had to pay extra 10 € for VAT and postal service fee. One of the most expensive regular OST albums I ever bought for certain. Hopefully I'll see my CD delivered next week.