The Big Bad Star Trek XI Thread

BLUMENKOHL

Personally I think they should not make a Star Trek XI because they are going backwards most people are probably expect to see William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy as Kirk and Spock since they are so old they can't use them. If they go on to make XI I do not think I will watch it.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think they should not make a Star Trek XI because they are going backwards most people are probably expect to see Williams Shatner and Leonard Nimoy as Kirk and Spock since they are so old they can't use them. If they go on to make XI I do not think I will watch it.

Williams Shatner?

Personally I think they should not make a Star Trek XI because they are going backwards most people are probably expect to see Williams Shatner and Leonard Nimoy as Kirk and Spock since they are so old they can't use them. If they go on to make XI I do not think I will watch it.

Williams Shatner?

I often do that when intending to type William. I'm so used to typing Williams.

Williams Shatner?

I often do that when intending to type William. I'm so used to typing Williams.

I edited my mistake.

oh the irony of Matt Damon playing Capt Kirk in the new film as a member of Star Fleet, afterall Damon is now 37 he's older than Shatner was when he started playing Kirk.

yeah that makes sense,

yes Im being negative, but Im also pointing out the stupidity being shown

I hate to see Abrams and Giacchino waste their talent to such a hopelessly outdated and milked series as Star Trek.

Enough Star Trek already!

Seriously, I don't get it. The Trek universe is big and varied enough for a hundred more movies. If anything, they just have to stop doing the same thing over and over again. What about a murder mystery based in the Trek universe? They could even pull of a romantic comedy if they liked. And they wouldn't need any big stars or characters known from the TV series... all they'd need is some courage and some fresh ideas.

Marian - still looking forward to this.

No, I think they'd be terribly cast, but I also think they're just rumours. Rumours I don't believe.

The only one that sounds even vaguely plausible is McAvoy... but then, it would just so so *wrong* if Scotty had a real Scottish accent. :P

Actually I posted in the wrong thread. I think Neil's thread was the one that had the possible cast listing.

:P

Are Joe and I the only ones who find the choice of actors ridiculous?

I honestly do not care.

This thread has become somewhat redundant anyway, since we already knew J.J. Abrams might direct long before the press announcement came along, and that Giacchino would score.

Consider Neil's thread with the press release the "official" thread (or whatever you want to call it).

• 4 months later...

UPDATE: August 8, 2007

Anton Yelchin (18 yrs old) is in negotations to play Pavel Chekov. Incidentally the movie will begin shooting Nov. 5.

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...43c401da6415f43

----------------------------------------

July 26, 2007

Poster here

The Report

Cinematical just posted an exclusive report about the Paramount Pictures presentation today at the San Diego Comic-Con and here is the excerpts regarding the Star Trek XI (or simply "Star Trek") panel attended by producer/director J.J. Abrams, star Zachary Quinto [new Spock] and legendary Star Trek star Leonard Nimoy.
Abrams: "We're desperately trying to figure out how to fit Shatner, and it needs to be worthy of him and the movie. So we're on that. And we're looking for a Kirk. Do you guys have any ideas for Kirks? Anyone?" asked Abrams, revealing that the new Kirk has yet to be cast. They start shooting in November.

Love the poster, for its simplicity, harkening back to the olden days.  

Interesting.

Yes. I still don't like the idea of a prequel with familiar characters, but who knows, they may make it work. I'm still very enthusiastic about the score, though.

I'm very curious as too how much time will be spent in the past and how much in "present" time. Before or after ST: Generations?

I'm really not sure how to feel about this. I was kind of leery of the direction they were taking this, and now it will take place in two different time frames? Is Spock going to be narrating a story to someone or something? GOd I hope not...

But I guess anything would be better than the direction the franchise WAS going in. If it sucks its not like we've missed out on anything.

No one played Sarek better than Mark Lenard. Too bad he's no longer with us...

No one else ever played Sarek (well apart from that guy in Trek 5, who had only one word of dialogue, which sounded like it was dubbed by Lenard).

But Lenard was better in TNG then Nimoy was. :lol:

Probably because Lenard was given good material. Nimoy, sadly, wasn't....and it resulted in one big missed opportunity.

I'm really not sure how to feel about this. I was kind of leery of the direction they were taking this, and now it will take place in two different time frames?

This is JJ Abrams directing. Time frames are never simply linear with him.

I'd be surprised if Spock doesn't die of poisoning in the first five minutes and then we flashback to the beginning.