The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Roger:

Here's your clue:

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8203

Doug:

6/29/2019

A newly edited and re-mastered CD of Chato’s Land arrives for sale this coming Tuesday, July 2. As a companion to our recent release of Lawman, this issue presents Jerry Fielding’s powerhouse western score to play more in keeping with the film sequence itself. We like to think the previous issue showcased the score just fine, this new one for the most part simply offers the cues in their original form as Fielding recorded them for the picture unless certain sequences begged to be married. Of director Michael Winner’s many pictures, this was always one of his best, with no unnecessary subplots or distractions. Just lean and mean. Charles Bronson, on the run, was fit and formidable. His adversaries, in pursuit, were overmatched. The closing image is stark and powerful, and Fielding’s snare drum-led final coda is both unusual and profound. Contents and sound samples should be available here late Monday the 1st.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8204

• 2 weeks later...

I bet there will be none. Isn't this the same exact cover?

Either way, eyes on LLL. I wonder whether we'll learn anything before Tuesday.

Karol

Not a chance there will be any information released before the Tuesday announcement.  But that's for another thread

Not familiar with this score at all but my question is why was the previous release spread across two discs when it was only ~ 70 minutes?

Ah sorry didn't see that, thought the total time was 71 min instead of disc 2.  Still, odd way to divy up the time for each disc, wouldn't you say?  33 min for disc 1 and 71 min for disc 2?

Because disc 2 has bonus tracks, and they picked a natural breakpoint where it sounds good to have a pause between tracks rather than being a slave to to the exact halfway point by time of the score

The 2014 Intrada album follows the same presentation as the promo that was released years ago. Disc 1 of the promo was also only 34 minutes long.

12 hours ago, Jay said:

Yea, they put the disc change at the natural pausing point of the score

It's still a weird decision. 30 minutes on the first and 70 minutes on the second disc - I have never seen that before.

10 hours ago, Display Name said:

It's still a weird decision.

It's a perfectly logical decision.

10 hours ago, Display Name said:

30 minutes on the first and 70 minutes on the second disc - I have never seen that before.

It's a film/score that basically consists of two quite different parts, so it makes sense to use that as a track layout guide.

Nice to see the score back in print. I am quite fond of it. One of those classic adventure scores from the 1980's in the vein of Williams' work from that period.

In the FSM thread it's mentioned that a reissue was long planned with the remastered OST album so this might be a 3CD set?  Also the previous set was remixed with the composers own involvement. I think if they were to revert back to Eric Tomlinsons original film mixes would be even better;  let's see.... 

More interesting info from Doug's Corner:

It came time to renew our license and re-press Young Sherlock Holmes, one of our best-selling catalog titles and a Bruce Broughton favorite. Understandable! It’s one of the greatest scores of that 80’s sweet spot. Details on this new edition will be posted on our site Monday eve, with orders shipping out beginning on Tuesday, July 16.

I continue to be excited about soundtracks now in production which have been personal favorites but extremely elusive to corral. The score mentioned a few weeks ago in which we located the first generation album masters AND the long missing and never-before-released complete score elements is now fully mastered and in the packaging and licensor sign-off stage. This one has me really tickled. Yet another gem written several decades ago, long missing in action and also a world premiere, has been completed and now enters the liner note phase. This one gets a lot of requests so people should be pretty happy when it lands.

And still another pair of premieres is well into production, both courtesy our great friends at the “Mouse House”. If all of those aren’t enough, a truly special presentation of a modern day classic from newly discovered masters is coming down the pipeline as well. Several more projects are already finished and simply awaiting final sign-offs from their respective - and overworked - licensors, so things here at Intrada are definitely busy. Just the way we like it. 

-------

Wow! That's some 6 titles in production!!!! And more in progress.

No, they’ll only be disappointing to most people here and the usual 8 members at FSM. 

I imagine the broader soundtrack fan crowd will be pleased. 

I don’t think the modern day one is from the mouse house. There are two coming from Disney, but not this one.

I have a feeling it will be a live action film(s).

hopefully one of them is Ron Goodwin’s One Of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing. 

Now we have to figure out which “modern” classic film was more than likely released with lesser sources.

6 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Another Goodwin enthusiast? I thought we were all but dead. :)

No. We exist! This one is my number Holy Grail for Ron Goodwin. One of the earliest film to cassette tapes that I made, was from this score!

1 hour ago, Amer said:

No. We exist! This one is my number Holy Grail for Ron Goodwin. One of the earliest film to cassette tapes that I made, was from this score!

I loved this movie when I was a young lad. I can’t remember how many times I watched it. 

The new Young Sherlock Holmes release is a 3 CD-set with the music sourced from the recently discovered film mix created by Eric Tomlinson as well as the original LP master.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.11844/.f?sc=13&category=-113

I'm not sure whether I need this. I've got the previous edition. It's Broughton's best score for sure but I only listen to it occasionally.

Karol