The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

8 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Just don't go anywhere near that new Xmas Broughton release on Intrada, All I Want for Christmas. It's Broughton at his most irritatingly cheesy.

I was introduced to Broughton through his Homeward Bound scores which I love to this day. Sadly the Intrada release for the first film (which is superior to the 2nd score) is out of print now but I think the sequel OST is still available over there.

All I've really heard other than a couple tracks from Miracle is the Silverado main theme. Which is absolutely dynamite. I enjoy it more than many Williams themes!

Audio Interview with Neil Bulk and Dan Goldwasser on the Ferris Bueller, Beverly Hills Cop, and Beverly Hills Cop II releases

http://www.geekcastradio.com/music/interviews-neil-s-bulk-and-dan-goldwasser-bueller-hills-cop-edition

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Holidays everyone!

Just a friendly reminder -- the lalalandrecords.com shipping dept. will be closed 12/20 - 1/2 so NOW is the time to place any last minute online orders if you would like them to ship out before then.

Any online orders placed from 12/20-1/2, will start shipping out on 1/3, when we return.

Thanks so very much for your patronage and support. We wish everyone a wonderful holidays and an amazing new year!  See you all in 2017!

http://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/dttd0--b80ao-ag4f6q0

• 4 weeks later...

How can anyone possibly answer that when the tracklist hasn't been revealed yet?

Well, the graphic indicates it contains the original 1993 album as well this time, so there's that.  Perhaps that album had some unique alternates or mixes that weren't on the Intrada version, or maybe there's just more alternates or other stuff in general this time.

EDIT: Oh, an FSM poster has this to say: "I know the Intrada had some sound issues (quite widely discussed at the time). I'm up for this if it's been improved."

• 3 weeks later...

Some updates from MV:

Any chances for Golden Age titles in 2017 ?

One for sure, 2nd qtr. A great Silver Age will hopefully finally happen in July and a classic North for Fall.

MV

and the big one:

I appreciate it is difficult to determine the release dates especially with sign off's etc but did LLL decide whether they were to continue issuing their monthly flyers on the 1st of each month?

You'll just have to wait and find out next Wednesday. ;)

In all seriousness if we know 100% something is coming out by the first of every month for that month we will let you know. 

So far, Feb is locked and March is looking solid. April has a chance to be pretty awesome with May and June to be pretty sweet. July is solid and August is good, but starting in September and through our Black Friday slate I would start saving your pennies because 4th quarter is gonna be amazing if we can pull it all off. I didn't think it was possible to beat 2016s Black Friday batch but 2017 has the chance to be the "be all end all mic drop we retire from here" kind of slate of releases. Lol

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=34&threadID=67395&archive=0

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Jay, please fix your link.  It goes to page 34, but the posts you are quoting are on 169 (the bulk) and 170 (the Q2/North section)

GOING OUT OF PRINT SPECIALS! 
The following titles are going out of print for good on 2/28. Sale prices start on 1/31 at 12 noon (PST) and are good thru 2/28, or while supplies last. Get ‘em before they are gone!

BATMAN: BRAVE AND BOLD, A CERTAIN SMILE, I THE JURY, THE PHANTOM, WIZARDS (less than 75 units on each of these titles remain), WAVELENGTH (less than 50 remain), EXPENDABLES 3 (less than 20 remain) and YOUNG JUSTICE (less than 10 remain) are only $10 each!

DC SHOWCASE and TERRA NOVA (less than 75 units remain) are only $5 each

We still have some out-of-print copies of MONEY TRAIN (less than 30 remain) and they are only $5 each as well! Price is good thru 2/28, or while supplies last.
Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

Is there ever a month where one of the slots isn't Star Trek? How much unreleased music can be left? 

Its great for people who want it obviously, and obviously there are enough of people but it'd be nice to see some other stuff.

How much is there?

TOS x 79 episodes,

TNG x 154 (approx) episodes,

DS9 x 154 (approx) episodes,

ST:V x 154 (approx) episodes,

ST:E x 88 (approx) episodes,

not to mention 13 films,

plus outtakes, source, and unrealased music.

Even accounting for re-used cues, that is an awful lot of music!

Of course it would be nice to see other stuff!

I was never attempting to justify the release of all this music, I was merely pointing-out that there is a lot of music awaiting release. What La La Land chooses to spend its time, money, and resources on, is entirely up to La La Land, but it instinctively knows that ST music will sell.

I think if proper intended editions of the Star Wars Prequels and remastered OT scores were released they probably would sell well.  Although probably not as good as Star Trek has done.  Probably because there's so much more diverse music for Star Trek than Star Wars.

I wonder which franchise has sold more units of soundtrack albums. Clearly Star Trek has a more varied discography, spanning fifty years of music, but has it moved more units than the more commonly sold and popular Star Wars music? I doubt it. Most of the Star Trek albums are probably limited to GNP and LLL albums sold to niche markets, unlike Star Wars albums sold in mass market stores. 

LLL still releases way too much Star Trek material. All this energy could be put to better uses, like producing exquisite John Williams releases like the complete Harry Potter scores, Hook Ultimately Final Comprehensively Complete Edition and Indiana Jones Definitive Complete and Chronological Editions.