Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

was it that bad?

i read it like 15 years ago (W-O-W...time passes).

I think i am more critical now than then. Recentyl i read 'scourge' and thought how inconsequential it is in the end. And most of the side stories...

Now im only interested in the main cast story i think.

was it that bad?

I think i am more critical now than then. Recentyl i read 'scourge' and thought how inconsequential it is in the end. And most of the side stories...

I read it this summer/Autumn. It was that bad. Google the lyrics to Han Solo What a Man as a refresher.

was it that bad?

I read it this summer/Autumn. It was that bad. Google the lyrics to Han Solo What a Man as a refresher.

thanks...for that X_X

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Virtues_of_King_Han_Solo

He's got his own planet,

Although it's kind of wild.

Wookiees love him.

Women love him.

He's got a winning smile!

Though he may seem cool and cocky,

He's more sensitive than he seems,

Chorus:

Han Solo,

What a man! Solo.

He's every Princess's dream!

Makes the AOTC fireplace scene seem like Romeo and Juliet*.

*I actually really like the prequels but I grew up with them so I'm bias.

Don't see the resemblence at all.

In some movies they look similar (like in Episode I). Natalie does have the usual pointy nose and her face is more sharply angled, whereas Keira has this softer look.

It's also evident how they hold themselves. Keira has a genuine openness about her, whereas Natalie is more reserved.

Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley looked like twins in Episode I (which was of course the point). Since then they've diverged.

I don't expect you to see things the way I do or understand my irony. They diverged because Natalie has eaten healthily since then, while Keira hasn't eaten a thing.

I know some people that are almost as thin as Keira is, and they don't have eating disorders. They eat three meals a day, and they're still thin. It's a mixture of metabolism and genetics.

Maybe you're right about Keira... but she doesn't look rail thin or emanciated.

I found it to be a "yeah so what?" element. Not critical to the story.

Sure, it established Anakin getting enamored with the queen instead of just a handmaiden, and we knew they would go on to make Skywalker babies, but the way the story unfolded, the mother didn't have to be a "real" queen for Leia to become a princess by birthright. We knew she would be adopted by royalty, while Luke's birthright as a prince of Naboo would never be explored.

It was a pointless reference to Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress.

Guess you didn't like the Original Star Wars film either then...

Not much. I enjoy them, but I don't see them as the masterpieces most people claim them to be.

In Kurosawa's case the decoy element worked because it felt more established and didn't go back and forth with it like in TPM. In Lucas' case it feels like a fanboy inserting what he thinks is a clever wink to his inner-circle of friends.

So, given we won't ever be seeing the 20th Century Fox Fanfare again in a Star Wars film, do you think Williams is going to write a new fanfare to open the film before the main titles, like how Brian Tyler did with Marvel?

she was the decoy

Always thought Portman played both roles.

Are you serious? You really didn't know Keira Knightley played the double?

It's always been listed in the credits, hasn't it? Although I don't expect everybody to know Sabé to be the character's name (which is what Knightley is credited as in the end credits if memory serves me), therefore those people might not have attributed that to meaning Keira Knightley played the role of the decoy.