Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

One thing's for sure: no one can pretend the guys at La-La-Land didn't sink their teeth into this project.

Are you lying through your teeth BB? I can't tell.

One thing's for sure: no one can pretend the guys at La-La-Land didn't sink their teeth into this project.

Stop. Please. 

There sure has been a lot of gnashing of teeth after people noticed the booklet mistake.

4 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

If it's an error by the printing company, which is probably the case, and therefore my hissy fit is not their fault, then i hope they can ask them for a re-press.

No reason to automatically assume that. If the PDF's they recieved from LLL or whatever company they use to design the cover art had the error in it.

Jim Titus adressed the issue on his Facebook page:

"I will add teeth -- and nobody adds teeth better than me, believe me -- and I'll add them very inexpensively. I will add teeth on the booklet cover, and I will make the printing company pay for those teeth. Mark my words."

It's too bad because I'm working from home today and can BLAST IT AT FULL VOLUME from my living room system (which has awesome brand new polk speakers to boot)

Tomorrow and Sunday I'll be busy all day :(

At least you'll have the set in your hands soon. I might have to wait for a week still.

With any luck, I can drive to the post office in town and get it this afternoon instead of waiting for them to deliver it to me tomorrow

10 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

That is gnawing* you, isnt it?

* :P

A teeny tiny impatient bit.

What isn't gnawing however is that booklet cover. Because it doesn't have any teeth!

:rimshot:

I bet that if JWfans were locked in a room and a JP set thrown into their midst it would be a bloody carnage when all would leap into the fray and start battling over it.

Just now, Incanus said:

I bet that if JWfans were locked in a room and a JP set thrown into their midst it would be a bloody carnage when all would leap at it and start battling over it.

NeoNeoJWFan would just throw a listening party.

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

NeoNeoJWFan would just throw a listening party.

There would be no player in there. Do you suggest people would gather round and hum their favourite pieces together?

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

We'd make it work! We're a collectivist society!

Don't you mean colletoristic?

20 minutes ago, Selina Kyle said:

Okay, so I haven't chimed in about this set yet. It came out at an awkward time. I haven't had much free time because I just started a new job, I've been working overtime, I almost ran out of meds because I rescheduled my doctor's appointment because of the new job and had to go to an emergency clinic, I had to pay off and re-activate my Disneyland pass etc. I did manage to get the set. I've only listened to TLW on my commutes. I'll say this. You guys won't be disappointed. I still won't have a chance to listen to it properly on my hi-fi until possibly Sunday, though there's a lot of work that needs to be done around the house so I'm still not sure. "Ripples" got a lot of replays. Anyway, gotta go.

Sounds awesome, can't wait!

21 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

I ordered mine less than a minute after the release time but my package still hasn't shipped.  Is that a result of the error that was talked about earlier in this thread or are they sending them out in reverse-chronological order?

I ordered my copy as soon as the website was back up after 12 PST on Tuesday and got my shipping notification on the same day. So I don't know what kind of logic they follow. Teeth or no teeth.

Well, I just freaking BLASTED the LLL samples through my hi-fi.  The sound quality is INCREDIBLE, really stunning.  That bass!

Just now, Incanus said:

I ordered my copy as soon as the website was back up after 12 PST on Tuesday and got my shipping notification on the same day. So I don't know what kind of logic they follow. Teeth or no teeth.

They probably just don't like me... :(

I just listened to the Jurassic Park OST on my commute home. It has to be one of the most bizarrely sequenced albums that JW has produced, especially if you are familiar with the movie.

- The main theme would have had more impact on the album had its first appearance been in the middle of 'Journey To The Island' just like in the movie. Listening to the album end to end, its appearance there is slightly less impactful because we already heard 'Theme from Jurassic Park' 

- Knowing the movie very well, listening to 'The Raptor Attack' directly after 'Journey To The Island' sounds very wrong

- Having the end credits in the middle of the album is just bizarre.

I completely agree with all three of your points.

Williams chose the right highlights for the OST  (OK, maybe he should have included the cue-combos he later called "The History Lesson" and "The Coming Storm" instead of including Goat Bait and a repeat of the second half of the end credits), but he then sequenced those highlights in a weird order.

This isn't a question about the new set in particular, but as this Jurassic Park thread is so active, I thought I'd post it here:

I have come across multiple mock-ups of the Journey to the Island cue that all contain incredibly fast piano notes when the trumpet theme in B major greets their first arrival. Is anyone able to hear them in the original recordings, because I just don't hear it at all. Is it audible on the new set? It seems weird that JW would go out of his way to make things difficult for the piano player and then have his/her results mixed in the background.

well, it's an orchestral piece so it's not about to be able to hear the "results" of one single player or instrument. The piano part here is doubling the woodwinds to create a specific sound, quite common for those figures, although I can't name another example right now.

8 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Right, I still find it strange because the piano has more notes than the woodwinds, quite impressive actually.

no, it hasn't. they're both playing thirty second notes / demisemiquavers; and the same notes. Woodwinds are just playing less because it's set in turns to make it physically possible for the players.