Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

The order confirmations emails arrive from info@lalaland-ent.com 

The shipping confirmation email w/ your tracking number comes from No-Reply@stamps.com

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

The status will change to "shipped" right around the same time you receive the email with your tracking number in it.  The time difference between when it literally left the LLL and when that email arrives / that status changes, I have no idea.

Look, LLL has been busting ass shipping out orders from 12:00pst yesterday until now.  It's physically impossible for them to have shipped every order they received the same day, they received so many orders.  So, X orders from Tuesday actually shipped Tuesday.  The next Y orders didn't ship until Wednesday.  Then the next Z orders will ship Thursday, etc, until they're caught up.  MV will probably post somewhere when they're caught up.  Until then, there's no reason to do anything.  If you got a confirmation order, you'll get your CDs.

Yeah, we get that Jay. Koray has just confused us a bit. I'm under no illusions that it's going to take them days to ship just the orders they got last night.

And this is clearly one of their most anticipated releases of all time. I'm finding it quite fun to watch the impatience :)

Here is my experience:

I was the 4th order placed, and I got an email that said 

This email is to confirm the receipt of your recent order from La-la Land Records

You can always find out the current status of your order by going to <removed>

Date     Tue Nov 29 12:01:53 PST 2016
Ship to  <removed>

Bill to  <removed>
E-Mail   <removed>
Via      ShippingRate
Payment  PayPal

Name                      Code            Qty    Each  Options
----------------------------------------------------------------
THE JOHN WILLIAMS         LLLCD1409         1   59.98
JURASSIC PARK COLLECTION
STAR TREK 50TH            LLLCD1410         1   49.98
BEVERLY HILLS COP:        LLLCD1406         1   19.98
LIMITED EDTION
BEVERLY HILLS COP II:     LLLCD1407         1   14.98
LIMITED EDTION

at 3:02PM EST from info@lalaland-ent.com 

Then, a second email that said

Thank you again for your order from La-la Land Records

You can always find out the current status of your order by going to <removed>

Name                      Code            Qty    Each  Options
----------------------------------------------------------------
THE JOHN WILLIAMS         LLLCD1409         1   59.98
JURASSIC PARK COLLECTION
(Will ship in 2-3 days)
STAR TREK 50TH            LLLCD1410         1   49.98
(Will ship in 2-3 days)
BEVERLY HILLS COP:        LLLCD1406         1   19.98
LIMITED EDTION
(Will ship in 2-3 days)
BEVERLY HILLS COP II:     LLLCD1407         1   14.98
LIMITED EDTION
(Will ship in 2-3 days)

at 3:16PM EST from info@lalaland-ent.com 

Then, a day later, a third email that said

LaLa Land Employee2 has sent you a package

This message was sent to you at the request of LaLa Land Employee2, to notify you that they have shipped a package to you. For details about your shipment or to track your package, please refer to the information below.

Shipment Details
Shipped To:    <removed>
Mailing Date:    11/30/2016
Est. Delivery:    2 days
Service:    Priority Mail (R)
Signature:    Not Required
Tracking:    <removed>

The shipment information contained in this email is provided by Stamps.com.
For questions about this package, please contact LaLa Land Employee2 or the U.S. Postal Service.

At 6:11PM EST today from No-Reply@stamps.com

Yep, that's what I've seen in the past. It will just all be a bit slower this time.

For the UK, it doesn't mean a lot anyway. Waiting a week vs 10 days is fairly indifferent when it comes to waiting for anything from the States.

29 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

And this is clearly one of their most anticipated releases of all time. I'm finding it quite fun to watch the impatience :)

Yes - I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up becoming their best selling title of all time!

(Well, I suppose it can't technically be, because they sold 10,000 copies of some of the BSG seasons... but it certainly could end up being the title that will sell 5,000 copies the fastest).

In fact, another worry:

They wouldn't have ordered all 5,000 copies from the pressing plant at once; They probably had either 2,000 or 3,000 ready to go yesterday.

If they sold more than whatever amount they had on hand, its possible that some people will have to wait for the re-pressing, which wouldn't come in until January at this point.  That would suck!

Bundling the two scores together is really helping them.

If they were separate, a lot of people would probably be considering whether the anniversary set was sufficient. Personally however, I've never reacted so :o before with a LE release. Especially since I forgot it was Black Friday, and just opened FB on my phone, and still half asleep, saw a Jurassic Park cover staring back. (and all that before I realised TLW was included!)

In summary:

• The "Shipping December 2nd" in the email flyer and on their website is a mistake.  Only "French Connection" begins shipping Friday the 2nd; The other 4 new releases all began shipping Tuesday the 29th
  • Everyone got 1 email immediately upon placing their order, and then another one ~15 minutes (or more) later that added "shipping in 2-3 days" under each new title ordered
  • That "shipping in 2-3 days" is standard text and doesn't specifically apply to your order; All orders began shipping Tuesday, they're going in order, and yours could ship Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday... whenever they get to it (they got a LOT of orders)
  • When you get your email from Stamps.com, it might have literally already left their offices earlier or later than that; Eventually the tracking information provided from usps.com (if you're in the US) will tell you all you need to know.  The CDs ship priority mail, and should arrive ~2 days after shipment if you're in the US.

Heh, I wonder if its a record too!  I don't know if I have a way of looking that up

BTW:

22 hours ago, Prerecorded Briefing said:

Hey this is cool.

Does this mean you picked up the set in person too?

48 minutes ago, Jay said:

If they sold more than whatever amount they had on hand, its possible that some people will have to wait for the re-pressing, which wouldn't come in until January at this point.  That would suck!

Oh, no! I haven't ordered yet. I should probably do so now. I've decided to wait on Home Alone though. 

I've only received one email at this point, just the order confirmation. the status page says I'm still pending review. No notice of shipment or second email.

I sent them an inquiry and they said my order will be processed shortly, there's no issue. Hopefully it ships out before Friday or I doubt it'll arrive in Australia next week. :(

29 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I've only received one email at this point, just the order confirmation. the status page says I'm still pending review. No notice of shipment or second email.

I sent them an inquiry and they said my order will be processed shortly, there's no issue. Hopefully it ships out before Friday or I doubt it'll arrive in Australia next week. :(

Don't worry, as Jay and others have pointed out, there's so many orders it's impossible to get them all out at once. You're in Australia, like myself, you probably ordered it yesterday too so you'll get your email sooner than later.

When you pay $100 for a CD set, you've already given up trying to sound like someone who isn't a collector :)

23 minutes ago, Will said:

Ordered directly from LLL. #123049. 

So that's 1,800 orders in the first 30 hours or so.  Wow!  Obviously not all of those have Jurassic Park in it... but also, many people bought from 3rd party retailers and not LLL directly.  So they might have actually sold 2,000 copies already!

Do you reckon the HP scores would sell faster? JP has been a phenomenon for more than two decades now, and HP will reach the same in a few years time, but JP has been in the ether for some time long enough to fester in people's appreciation for the scores...

1 hour ago, Will said:

Ordered directly from LLL. #123049. 

And in a terrible mood right now. :lol:

I tend to get way overly anxious about things -- I'm certainly not a YOLO kind of person, let's put it that way -- and, Jesus, has this giant price been rough on my mind. $70 with shipping. 

In particular, I'm feeling like I'm headed down a dark path financially. I've never really wanted material things throughout my life. Essentially, I've never spent any of the money I've collected over the years, preferring to save it. Until today.

I'll get plenty of listens out of this set, there's no question. And it's good to treat yourself every once in a while.

But I feel like I'm headed down the specialty label soundtrack-collecting path, a very costly one. $30 here, $25 there... It adds up. For the first time in my life, I really have that "got to get it" feeling with material things, perhaps engendered by the "I want to listen to every Williams score in complete form eventually" idea. And, I reason, if I don't buy specialty label releases, they will sell out and I will have to pirate them eventually when I want to hear them since I'll want to hear all Williams scores, therefore I should buy them now. 

Perhaps I need to step back and control my materialistic and "completist" urge (not to own a CD of every score, but to experience every one in complete form). Do I really WANT this stuff, or is it just my completist urge?

Or perhaps I'm being too hard on myself. And, of course, it's possible that many important expansions will happen in the next few years, meaning that I won't really have to worry about spending money on soundtracks as an adult. 

well at least you can only buy the expanded Williams albums and not need to worry about the original OST's. And if you start wandering off to other composers that's where it'll cost you a lot

1 hour ago, RPurton said:

Do you reckon the HP scores would sell faster? JP has been a phenomenon for more than two decades now, and HP will reach the same in a few years time, but JP has been in the ether for some time long enough to fester in people's appreciation for the scores...

HP also has a dedicated Potter fan base

1 hour ago, Will said:

In particular, I'm feeling like I'm headed down a dark path financially. I've never really wanted material things throughout my life. Essentially, I've never spent any of the money I've collected over the years, preferring to save it. Until today.

Nothing wrong with saving up money until you find a hobby you're passionate about.

But I feel like I'm headed down the specialty label soundtrack-collecting path, a very costly one. $30 here, $25 there... It adds up.

Sounds like a lot of money as a teenager, but it won't be when you're gainfully employed later in life.

For the first time in my life, I really have that "got to get it" feeling with material things, perhaps engendered by the "I want to listen to every Williams score in complete form eventually" idea. And, I reason, if I don't buy specialty label releases, they will sell out and I will have to pirate them eventually when I want to hear them since I'll want to hear all Williams scores, therefore I should buy them now. 

Smart.

Perhaps I need to step back and control my materialistic and "completist" urge (not to own a CD of every score, but to experience every one in complete form). Do I really WANT this stuff, or is it just my completist urge?

Of course you really want it.  John Williams is the greatest composer that ever life.  Having these treasures is totally worth it.

Or perhaps I'm being too hard on myself. And, of course, it's possible that many important expansions will happen in the next few years, meaning that I won't really have to worry about spending money on soundtracks as an adult. 

You won't have to worry about them when you're an adult, because you'll have way more money than you have now.

The regret you'll feel later when you have to spend an arm and a leg just to get a used copy because these are long OOP will be a greater bad feeling than the smaller bad feeling you might have now about the money they cost now. You'll enjoy the shit out of these tremendous releases.  Just don't let a sibling damage them :)

16 minutes ago, king mark said:

HP also has a dedicated Potter fan base

No doubt bigger too. 

The release of the complete sets of JP and TLW, was big, but not many outside of the film music, fan forum worlds caught drift of it. With HP and the sheer scale of their marketing, I think the sets for 1-3 would sell incredibly fast.

The HP books and and films certainly have more fans than the JP books and films, but it SEEMS like the JP SCORES have more fans than the HP scores.  But I dunno if there's even a way to quantify that!

I placed my order as soon as LLL went back online 12 PST on 29th. Got my order confirmation in about 10 minutes and finally LaLa Land Employee2 has sent you a package shipping e-mail about 4.5 hours later. No estimate of arrival for international orders but I would guess it will take from 3 to 14 days to arrive depending on the circumstances. Also LLL packages have tracking, which is nice.

They would definitely package them up int he order the they were received, but maybe the way Stamps.com sends emails doesn't line up with that same order

Just now, Jay said:

They would definitely package them up int he order the they were received, but maybe the way Stamps.com sends emails doesn't line up with that same order

That doesn't sound efficient at all.

In other news, my package was shipped a couple hours ago with delivery expected on Monday!

2 minutes ago, king mark said:

do they send International orders later than the US ones?

No, I think they ship out all the orders in the order they are received regardless of destination.

Now yes, but after Trump is sworn in that will change. It will not even be possible to order with a foreign credit card or paypal account untill at least three quarters of the stock has been sold to American customers.

11 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Now yes, but after Trump is sworn in that will change. It will not even be possible to order with a foreign credit card or paypal account untill at least three quarters of the stock has been sold to American customers.

I don't think he will do that, he realises how important foreign exports and consumers are; as long as it benefits America.

I don't think I've ever received 3 emails for one order. It's usually just the confirmation that you placed it, and then the "thank you again" email which I always assumed was the shipping notice.

Checking my email archive now, this is correct. I've only ever received 2 emails for my orders.

5 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

I don't think I've ever received 3 emails for one order. It's usually just the confirmation that you placed it, and then the "thank you again" email which I always assumed was the shipping notice.

Checking my email archive now, this is correct. I've only ever received 2 emails for my orders.

Using Paypal in LLL store generated me 3 different e-mails.

Yeah the first two e-mails are virtually identical but the first is sent by LLL and the second by the Yahoo store.

Folks, Need an Urgent advice!

Although I have already placed an order via SAE to be shipped to me via registered package to me here in Pakistan where I reside and it will take me 3 weeks to reach me here in Karachi.

Now I just found out that my aunt from (New York city) is visiting us and arriving on 8th December. 

If I place my order from LLL for Jurassic Park & other sets today. What are my chances that this will be delivered within a few days by 6th Dec. i.e. if LLL ships my order by max 2nd Dec.

What should I do? Time is short!

Slightly off-topic, but why do people always talk about the first three HP scores selling out incredibly quickly? You do know we have 8 HP scores, right? Six of which are very decent. It's not like everything went downhill dramatically just because Williams stopped writing... and I can tell you that the average HP fanboy is not obsessed with JW.

5 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Slightly off-topic, but why do people always talk about the first three HP scores selling out incredibly quickly? You do know we have 8 HP scores, right? Six of which are very decent. It's not like everything went downhill dramatically just because Williams stopped writing... and I can tell you that the average HP fanboy is not obsessed with JW.

Anecdotally speaking here, from people I know who wouldn't normally give a care in the world to film music will tell me that they liked the themes from the first three, not that they didn't like the music from the other five, just preferential. These are 'average HP fanboys'.

The first three would be well-regarded considering that they were the three JW did and were the scores that defined the sound for the rest of the films...

2 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

How did they define the sound for the other films?

Well, you have a guy called the director who works with the composer to define that sound. Sometimes, there's another guy call the producer who chimes in to add some complications to the proceedings.

7 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

How did they define the sound for the other films? HP2 sounded like 1, 3 is unique, as are 4 and 5, 6 sounds totally different and 7 and 8 resemble each other.

Inclusive of themes, tone, magical qualities etc...

Even JNH's Fantastic Beasts score owes as much to Williams' original. 

My order status has changed from 'pending review' to 'will ship in 3-5 days'.

I was never worried about the pending review thing. It is simply LLL dealing with a sudden surge of orders.

If anything it is an excellent sign because it'll probably incentivise them even more to produce more JW albums. Had Jurassic Park been a poor seller for them, I imagine it would have been disheartening.

7 hours ago, Jay said:

Heh, I wonder if its a record too!  I don't know if I have a way of looking that up

Some of the threads during TFA's first few days of release were very busy too.

2 hours ago, azahid said:

Folks, Need an Urgent advice!

Although I have already placed an order via SAE to be shipped to me via registered package to me here in Pakistan where I reside and it will take me 3 weeks to reach me here in Karachi.

Now I just found out that my aunt from (New York city) is visiting us and arriving on 8th December. 

If I place my order from LLL for Jurassic Park & other sets today. What are my chances that this will be delivered within a few days by 6th Dec. i.e. if LLL ships my order by max 2nd Dec.

What should I do? Time is short!

Don't risk it. just wait 3 weeks.

9 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

yeah... you may end paying two sets...

And your aunt can still, by error, forget to put the package in her suitcase! (or her suitcase get lost!)

She could let other things out of her suitcase...in New York...

Grindelwald's comin!

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

It's not like everything went downhill dramatically just because Williams stopped writing...

Instead, that's exactly how I feel... :( 

I would be interested only in complete releases of HP1, HP2 and HP3. Extremely interested in those and E.T. . But I would not spend 1 dollar for any of the other scores in the HP franchise.

I think I will wait next week for my order on MovieMusicStore, anyway they start shipping on the 9th.

And I will be able to read your first reviews. :)