Which Symphony Orchestra Will John Williams......

Damo

Take a wild guess on the next orchestra that John Williams will use.  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which Symphony Orchestra Will John Williams Will Use For The Next Indiana Jones Film?

• The London Symphony Orchestra
    • The Boston Pops Orchestra
    • The Hollywood Studio Orchestra
    • Other Orchestra?

It time for a wild guess for the upcoming Indiana Jones IV film on which Symphony Orchestra Will John Williams will Use For The Next Indiana Jones Film?

Take your time. Let's gone through in the past Indy films that John Williams had used. Now I'm not fully sure of myself on which Symphony he used so hence....correct me if i'm wrong.

For Indiana Jones & The Raiders Of The Lost Ark:

The London Symphony Orchestra.

For Indiana Jones & Temple of Doom:

Studio Orchestra. (?)

For Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade:

Studio Orchestra (?)

In about years time we will have a new John Williams score in 2008. I'm going for The London Symphony Orchestra since they did Raiders Of The Lost Ark and six Star Wars films .

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing quite like the fireworks that happen when Williams and the LSO team up - so I'm rooting for that combo....

Actually come to think about it more....it more likely it seem they probably would use Hollywood Studio Orchestra considering John Williams used it quite recently for War of the Words which is a Paramount and a spielberg film.

What was the reason why they decided not to continue using the London Symphony Orchestra for Temple of Doom and The Last Crusade?

Was it because John Williams was in London at the time Raiders was in post production which was close to time when the first Star Wars was released? I mean i know star wars came before Raiders....perhaps it depends where he is at the time when it come the time to record the score?

He'll probably use the studio orchestra.

Doesn't really matter to me, just as long as the music is good. With the LSO there are no union fees to worry about.

But I think this film is never going to happen...

Shame on you for thinking that!!! :unsure:

Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but now that the Star Wars movies are all done, I don't think JW will ever work with LSO. I DO hope it will be LSO, but I think studio orchestra is the most likely.

He's mainly done LSO Raider's was done with LSO Last Crusade was done with LSO, but Temple was done with HSO. I do not want to say 100% sure he's going to use LSO, but I would guess this because he's used them so many time. He likes the sound. I do not know why he used HSO for temple. Does anybody know why he use them instead of LSO?

Lucas is lazy and firmly based in California. I have no doubt the score will be recorded in L.A. I'm still hoping Indy IV doesn't get made at all though.

Jeff

He's mainly done LSO Raider's was done with LSO Last Crusade was done with LSO, but Temple was done with HSO. I do not want to say 100% sure he's going to use LSO, but I would guess this because he's used them so many time. He likes the sound. I do not know why he used HSO for temple. Does anybody know why he use them instead of LSO?

LC was not performed by LSO. Spielberg's liner notes mention a 85 piece hollywood orchestra.

I hope its the LSO. But since the last two werent done by them, i expect the 'worst'

Anyways, Williams can make wonders with the Hollywood orchestras :sleepy:

I actually liked the sound of the orchestra for TOD and LC, so I wouldn't mind it either way--just so long as they take advantage of the new union stuff and list the players in the liner notes. If a Hollywood orchestra will prevent us from getting more score, then I'll take the LSO. But I liked the sound of all of them.

Is it just me, or does the LSO tend to have a more serious, crisp sound somehow, whereas the Hollywood orchestra(s) sounded more lush and rich? Not a down on either one of them--I like both--but I noticed that difference. Not in gusto or skill, just a sound difference.

I am crossing all fingers and toes for the LSO. I guess it will come down to Lucas and Spielberg if they want to have the extra trouble during the post-pro of traveling to London to be around the sessions or setting up some complicated web-communication device.

I really hope they will go through that extra trouble because LSO means we would get a complete score release in the distant future.

But I think this film is never going to happen...

Shame on you for thinking that!!! :sleepy:

I hope this film is never going to happen.

And I hope you're full of **it!!! :lol:

So basically some people doesn't even believe for a fact that they going start filming Indy 4 this year... all these update news coming from spielbergfilms.com and other news site are all considered to be fake rumours news for people who doesn't have faith in it at all. So much for the negativism. Some people have no faith of a new Indiana Jones IV movie whereas right now John Williams has an opportunity to have a new Indy score in his hands if Indiana Jones 4 happens.

Do you really think John Williams ever used a Prague Orchestra for recording a film score?

They only use Prague Orchestras for concerts recording or for an anthology like a collection of his music put together on an album more likely conducted by someone else other than himself.

There wouldn't be much difference. Raiders was an incredible performance, but Revenge of the Sith's credits music sucked. Granted, part of this is due to Williams's awkwardly slow conducting, but the LSO hardly did an exceptionable job with the music given to them, in general. Is the orchestra as good as it was twenty-five years ago?

I voted for the Boston Pops Orchestra (or the BSO). I don't necessarily expect that, but it would be wonderful if he did it. Being the best in the world, and knowing their rapport, well, I just think it'd be cool!

~Conor

Is it just me, or does it seem like the only reason we're looking forward to Indy 4 is the score? To be honest, I'm not particularly looking forward to seeing Harrison Ford in a leather jacket.

What I do look forward to is the story, the new Indy girl (hopefully younger than HF), Spielberg's direction, and of course John Williams's score. Not necessarily in that order.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the only reason we're looking forward to Indy 4 is the score?

No, that pretty much sums it up. And the possibility of complete releases of the other three.

Other than that, nuts to this.

What I do look forward to is the story, the new Indy girl (hopefully younger than HF),

Hopefully? :eek: Definitely! I don't want to see Indy making out with a 65 year old.

Spielberg's direction,

Possibly, though he hasn't really impressed me for a long while.

and of course John Williams's score.

That's the only reason I'd consider seeing the film.

Not me; I'm interested in how this will turn out. 'Course, the score has alot to do with it, but you know, it has to.

I have high hopes that this film will be good.

You're not alone. I'm looking forward to the movie, also. I am certainly ecstatic about the thought of a new Indy score by Williams, but I really think this could be good.

I've a feeling that we're gonna get some fireworks happening in John Williams music for this next Indy film (if it happens) after having a two and half year break. It could be bombastic.

The only thing I care about in this movie is the score too.

I hope the LSO is used for the recording, but unless there's another need for any production to be done in London it'll be Hollywood studio players. And in response to Cerrabore's comment, I don't think the LSO has gone off the deep end, but they certainly don't have that same special, distinctive sound they had in the 70s and 80s.

The only thing I care about in this movie is the score too.

I hope the LSO is used for the recording, but unless there's another need for any production to be done in London it'll be Hollywood studio players. And in response to Cerrabore's comment, I don't think the LSO has gone off the deep end, but they certainly don't have that same special, distinctive sound they had in the 70s and 80s.

Only due to the fact that recording equipment, technology and engineers have changed over the years.

- Tim.

Ultimately good, as recordings are richer, spacious and best of all musicians no longer have microphones right beside them causing less artistic reasonance.

My point was to say that the LSO doesn't sound the same as in the '70's and '80's is purely as a result of the listening experience on CD and the way the music was recorded.

The LSO is certainly not a lesser orchestra at present - infact it consistently grows from strength to strength.

- Tim.