Most anticipated track from KotCS?

ChuckM

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which track do you think will be the best?

• Raiders March
    • Call of the Crystal
    • The Adventures of Mutt
    • Irina's Theme
    • The Snake Pit
    • The Spell of the Skull
    • A Whirl Through Academe
    • The Journey to Akator
    • "Return"
    • The Jungle Chase
    • Orellana's Cradle
    • Grave Robbers
    • Hidden Treasure and the City of Gold
    • Secret Doors and Scorpions
    • Oxley's Dilemma
    • Ants!
    • Temple Ruins and the Secret Revealed
    • The Departure
    • Finale

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for "Jungle Chase," but that's probably because of "Desert Chase."

Also, "Irina's Theme," "The Adventure's of Mutt."

Probably one of the concert versions, "The Jungle Chase," or one of the last three cues. But I went with "The Jungle Chase." Let's hope for some old-fashioned, thematic action writing (no endless ostinatos or syncopated picc/xylophone hits, please)!

Probably one of the concert versions, "The Jungle Chase," or one of the last three cues. But I went with "The Jungle Chase." Let's hope for some old-fashioned, thematic action writing (no endless ostinatos or syncopated picc/xylophone hits, please)!

Do you really expect Williams to abandon his stylistic approaches to the Star Wars prequels and Harry Potter adaptations?

Most anticipated track from KotCS?

Well, I'm not anticipating anything. :lol:

But one look at list, I'd say "A Whirl Through Academe" sounds like it might be interesting musical expression ;)

"Journey to Akator" sounds interesting. (Anyone thinking of the ToD, voyage music on the elephants) I don't know about anyone else, but who else (besides me) is going to be waiting at the record store on May 20, pounding down the doors, so you can get it!? :P

who else (besides me) is going to be waiting at the record

store on May 20, pounding down the doors, so you can get it!?

Or, you can send your mother out for the CD, saying

"On the way to shopping.......you will go to local music store

and bring the CD back to us......bring it back.......bring it back".

but who else (besides me) is going to be waiting at the record store on May 20, pounding down the doors, so you can get it!? :P

Amazon will have it waiting on my doorstep before noon.

Yeah, but the music store opens at 8. That's 4 hours, could listen to it 3 times by then... :P

Hopefully the latter. I'm tired of "Ludlow's Demise".

Never understood why people love Ludlow's Demise so much.

I'm a little torn over whether to buy the CD, or buy it digitally. I have no use for CDs, but then this is such an important film and score for us.

I never enjoyed "Ludlow's Demise." You should definetly get the actual CD. This is history here, this is Indiana Jones! And it won't be too much cheaper if you get it digitally.

"Journey to Akator" sounds interesting. (Anyone thinking of the ToD, voyage music on the elephants) I don't know about anyone else, but who else (besides me) is going to be waiting at the record store on May 20, pounding down the doors, so you can get it!? :P

I'll get it May 20, but I don't think I'll listen to it until I've seen the film.

All of them. Every last one.

Though I'm particularly looking forward to hearing what the Crystal Skull theme will be, I'm expecting something nicely epic like the Ark and Holy Grail themes.

Jungle Chase.

The finale cues as well.

All of them. Every last one.

Though I'm particularly looking forward to hearing what the Crystal Skull theme will be, I'm expecting something nicely epic like the Ark and Holy Grail themes.

Yes. Though less noble. More... alien.

Iriina's theme might contain the dark Russian type of music that would be good to hear so I'll say that though there are quite a few tracks that sound like they have the potential to be highlights.

- Adam

It would be funny if it were something like referencing the basket sequence from Raiders in Temple. If it were using other material in a I"m-too-old-to-do-write-this-much-music kind of way it would be slightly sad and disappointing. Though it would be funny if AOTC action music showed up like in Chambers of Secrets.

- Adam

For me it's Call of the Crystal and Spell of the Skull

I just love Williams in religious / supernatural mode!

And I love the Krypton crystal motive.

Those tracks will be the first I check out for sure.

Wouldn't it be funny if Williams recycled some of his chase music from previous Indy films?

Yes, completely ruining whole pieces like in the last 'Star Wars' film where the 'Duel' suddenly interrupts a perfectly fine piece of music for minutes....was it 'Anakin vs. Obi-Wan' or something?

There may have been a creative way of interweaving Battle of the Heroes and Duel of the Fates, but what shows up in the movie ain't it. The fact that they used the same recording for DotF is pretty pathetic. I don't know who's responsible, but it was terrible. It's not like other times they've used prerecorded music, like for effects shots that weren't complete. Don't get me wrong, that's just as bad. But this was a decision from the outset to use Duel of the Fates, but not even bother to do something new with it. It still gets me.

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan is also interrupted by a (poor) performance of the Empire Strikes Back renditions of the Imperial March. It upsets the rhythm of the whole thing.

While I don't like the concert piece for Battle of the Heroes very much, I think it's a great theme (especially without the chorus), and Williams demonstrates this in the unreleased cues of it -- between the DotF and BotH concert suites.

Ted

perhaps the departure features When You Wish Upon A Star interpolated of course, and the last words of the film is Marion and Mutt saying bye as the mother ship takes off with Indy inside.

perhaps the departure features When You Wish Upon A Star interpolated of course, and the last words of the film is Marion and Mutt saying bye as the mother ship takes off with Indy inside.

I can already hear it:

'Be right there, kid'

I'm most interested in the Crystal Skull them, so probably "Call of the Crystal".

It is the track with the highest chances to feature the Continuum Fingerboard.

I voted for "Irina's Theme" because I am hoping for Williams to write some dark, Russian music. But, I do anticipate the whole thing!