The 2nd OFFICIAL Indy IV Score Thread

Ricard

I hope i'm not forced to buy the Skull score twice in the same year....

If it comes to that, Concord can kiss mah ass.

unless every CD costs 9.99 $ (box set 40 $) and basically Skull is like it was a free bonus disc if the other three have normal price (15 $)

While I'm trying not to be too optimistic, and I confess that my first thought was that this would be the original scores, plus the new one...
This fall, Concord Music Group will also reissue the soundtracks to the original Indiana Jones trilogy, which have been out of print for nearly a decade, as part of a four-CD boxed set.

... they mentioned Trilogy!!!

I hate to be pessimistic, but the wording is ambiguous at best...

Considering how things worked in the past with Star Wars albums, it's very likely this will be a new print of the older releases, just with new packaging and all. The fourth disc will surely be KOTCS.

Hmm I hope they do, do it like the SW Anthology set. It was a lovely set that I still cherish (even though I have the 2 disc per movie versions) and enjoy listening to.

Maybe we will be get lucky and if the Indy set sells well enough we might get the 2 disc versions that we all desperately want.

While I'm trying not to be too optimistic, and I confess that my first thought was that this would be the original scores, plus the new one...
This fall, Concord Music Group will also reissue the soundtracks to the original Indiana Jones trilogy, which have been out of print for nearly a decade, as part of a four-CD boxed set.

... they mentioned Trilogy!!!

but they also said as PART of a 4CD set.. which could mean that the 3 scores fill up 3 CDs and a forth CD for Indy 4 or screensavers

i think its funny that alot of you are bit**ing about the Raider's March being on this score instead of something thats been left off, as if this score were just for us.

its not, this score is for everyone who buys it, including the first time buys.

Somewhere out there, there are new fans who will be purchasing this as their very first Indy score, they will want the Raiders March, they won't be whiney and crying that something is left off.

it just might encourage them to start looking at other soundtracks, so its very important that the Raiders March be on here.

i think its funny that alot of you are bit**ing about the Raider's March being on this score instead of something thats been left off, as if this score were just for us.

its not, this score is for everyone who buys it, including the first time buys.

Somewhere out there, there are new fans who will be purchasing this as their very first Indy score, they will want the Raiders March, they won't be whiney and crying that something is left off.

it just might encourage them to start looking at other soundtracks, so its very important that the Raiders March be on here.

well I know.. yes I have to admit you are right.. seeing it that way, it of course makes sense.. also as a symbol "Here we are again"!

Well said, Joey.

I hope the CD makes it to Slovenia until the end of the week, otherwise I might again have to order it from abroad ... :) :)

Has anyone else seen this?

From soundtrack.net:

"This fall, Concord Music Group will also reissue the soundtracks to the original Indiana Jones trilogy, which have been out of print for nearly a decade, as part of a four-CD boxed set. "

http://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=1183

Hmmm I bet it's the original 3 boxed with KOTCS. Just look at the wording. Doesn't look like expanded scores.

maybe they are expanded but on single discs, the new kind that can hold 120 min.

The main page has confirmed the set will contain KotCS. What should I do? Flog this one at a second hand store??

I think i know why the KOTCS score was sold too cheap.

They didnt want us to rage much.

BTW they could have released the friggin package now, and i would have bought it. since i didnt own two scores.

now it seems i may have to buy a 4cd package for a 40 min cd. :)

i hope TOD and Last Crusade are worth it.

damn.. i was so looking forward to that release.. and now they will just be re-issues... we will be able to listen to the comlete releases somewhere in 20 years

Hmm will it be the original Raiders album or the DCC expanded version?

I'd take 30 more minutes of TOD if Concord only expands the releases and doesn't make them complete.

I paid $26. Grrrr.

And my order is already posted. <_<

Mind you if i hadnt bought it on the net (and waited to buy in a store here) I definately would not be buying KOTCS now.

talk about bad luck. Its the 1st time i buy a score in internet and even pre-order it.

if they release them sepparatly and the layout-digipack is the same as the now released kotcs score i may even buy the whole trilogy, but if not...

I probably will be buying this set, because even if they are reissues (remastered or not) it will give me a chance to own them legally finally at a decent price.

For those who don't own them this is great news but if it is just the regular albums this was a major missed opportunity by Lucasfilm.

For those who don't own them this is great news but if it is just the regular albums this was a major missed opportunity by Lucasfilm.

Is there any other kind of opportunity for Lucasfilm?

Is there any other kind of opportunity for Lucasfilm?

well maybe for a future blu-ray release, because I highly doubt that they'll release it in HD this year.

I don't understand it. I think Spielberg is aware of the fact that there are fans of these soundtrack and that complete releases would be highly appreciated.

But he probably has them at home and is tired of listening to "The Cliff Confrontation" over and over again

well maybe for a future blu-ray release, because I highly doubt that they'll release it in HD this year.

I don't understand it. I think Spielberg is aware of the fact that there are fans of these soundtrack and that complete releases would be highly appreciated.

Spielberg? I don't think he knows or cares. After all, how many of his films have received expanded soundtrack releases? Three, four? And those releases aren't even the best; Jaws has terrible sound quality, E.T. is incomplete...

Any members in Canada find this anywhere today? My local HMV and Wal-Marts said it doesn't come out until next F*#@ing week.

I just checked the Best Buy site and it also says next week...I guess I'll save myself a trip to the store.

That review makes the same silly mistake everyone else does.

Only Raiders was recorded with the London Symphony. The other three scores were recorded in L.A. using the studio musicians.

What a hideous review...

"Irina's Theme" is a short and uninteresting brassy piece? Ooookkaayy...

if you'd have finished reading the review you would have realized he was complimentary of the score.

Any members in Canada find this anywhere today? My local HMV and Wal-Marts said it doesn't come out until next F*#@ing week.

I just checked the Best Buy site and it also says next week...I guess I'll save myself a trip to the store.

Just wait to buy the 4cd set you that have still the opportunity of not wasting money :rolleyes:

What a hideous review...

"Irina's Theme" is a short and uninteresting brassy piece? Ooookkaayy...

if you'd have finished reading the review you would have realized he was complimentary of the score.

Or if I saw the 4/5 star rating.

And I did read through the whole review, but found it random waffling about nonsense half the time. Maybe doing so was itself clever commentary on his opinion of the listening experience of the album...?

Either way, in my opinion, the writing is hideous.

Just wait to buy the 4cd set you that have still the opportunity of not wasting money :rolleyes:

I don;t want the friggen unexpanded 4 c.d. set

I think I might just wait to buy KotCS with the boxed set. I don't have CD releases of the other scores either, so it'll be nice to have them finally, though expanded/complete releases would of course be preferable.

I think I might just wait to buy KotCS with the boxed set. I don't have CD releases of the other scores either, so it'll be nice to have them finally, though expanded/complete releases would of course be preferable.

Well, if you can wait, I'd wait on buying those. If the Expanded Scores are around the corner, what's the point in buying the old ones just to replace them? Go find them for cheap at a Used CD store, that's probably your best bet.

now that I have it, I hate the cover even more. Its awful. Whose declining in ability more William or Struzan.

Why not put just a crystal Skull on the cover with Indy's hate, far more inventive and yet provocative.

But then she said that she can't say something more detailed until later summer... meaning that she doesn't know what it will be exactly ONLY thata it will have

4 CDs

the four film's soundtracks

no word of just reissues or extended releases.. but I understand this pessimistic attitude.. and I share it

4 CDs and 4 scores doesn't allow for expanded releases. Doesn't matter if she can't confirm anything.

i don't get it.. why doesn't it allow... EXPANDED..f.e.: you know from 40mns TOD to 77 min..

didn't talk about COMPLETE releases.. I can calculate myself that 4 CDs don't offer enough space for about 7 hours of music

4 CDs and 4 scores doesn't allow for expanded releases. Doesn't matter if she can't confirm anything.

i don't get it.. why doesn't it allow... EXPANDED..f.e.: you know from 40mns TOD to 77 min..

didn't talk about COMPLETE releases.. I can calculate myself that 4 CDs don't offer enough space for about 7 hours of music

They could be expanded, but why would they be expanded when it would be much easier ot simply re-issue what already exists?

yep.But this logic not apply to every other expanded scores that are released anyways

Who cares about a 2 c.d. Alien.Why just not release the old OST? Would have been much cheaper to do so.

Well I think it would be a compromise if the are extended..

Good for them: because they don't have to produce 2CD albums which would cost more money

Good for the average costumer: Because he gets a good assembly which is not that expensive

Good for us: because we get some of the music we wanted to have, since we have seen these movies

Also I can't imageine the so often mentioned re-use fees beeing that much of a problem.. if they are going to rerelease the OSTs they have to pay them anyway. I don't think they depend on the lenght of an album

Somewhat random thought.

LotR OST's have horrible microedits. The Black Gate Opens does not even ressemble The Mouth of Sauron.

Fortutely LotR fans had complete releases coming.

The edits on the LotR OSTs don't bother me too much. "The Black Gate Opens" is probably the most glaring example, but its edits are seamless. There's nothing like the awful edit in "Jungle Chase."

Somewhat random thought.

LotR OST's have horrible microedits. The Black Gate Opens does not even ressemble The Mouth of Sauron.

And it really shouldn't have because that scene was not in the theatrical version.

I think the OSTs work really well, although there is tons of great stuff that was left off. I kept mine mainly because the extended edition re-edits of some of the themes messed with some of the music for me, especially "Concerning Hobbits," which was a bit mangled in the EE but lovely in the original film/OST.

They do it this way, because that's how they work. And by "they" I mean Lucasfilm.

They release the Indy 4 soundtrack.

Some time after that they'll release all 4 Indy soundtracks in a box set.

Some time after that they'll reissue the expanded RotLA soundtrack.

Some time after that they'll release--finally!--the expanded ToD and LC and KotCS soundtracks.

Sometime after that they'll release the expanded Indy soundtrack box set--a whooping 8 CDs!

Some time after that they'll release the COMPLETE edition of RotLA.

And so on...

They want us to buy the same old thingd over and over again . . . :rolleyes: