Upcoming Films

Quintus

Ethan Hawke directs Maya Hawke in Wildcat

On 12/03/2024 at 2:55 PM, Jay said:

Two new posters for The Fall Guy

Apparently that one's a really good old-school action rom-com.  Need to be sure to see it in theaters  

Now filming:

THIS IS SPINAL TAP 2.

It's gonna sound great, in Dubly.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Ethan Hawke directs Maya Hawke in Wildcat

Laura Linney???!!!! I'm in :lovethis:

So there's a production company called 87North, who is behind movies like John Wick, Atomic Blonde, Nobody, Kate, Bullet Train, Violent Night, and The Fall Guy.

Well, their next action flick is called ‘With Love’, drops February 7th 2025, and stars Ke Huy Quan!

https://deadline.com/2024/03/ke-huy-quan-with-love-release-date-1235858857/

Tiny Jumanji 4 update from Karen Gillan

And lastly, who do we blame for the next Jumanji being stuck in neutral?

If you find out, can you let me know? (Laughs.) Because I don’t know. I’m sure it’s tricky to wrangle everyone’s schedules, but I haven’t heard anything about it other than the fact that we will be doing it at some point. So we’re all so enthusiastic about it. We all love working on those films, and it’s just a matter of when.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/karen-gillan-surprised-guardians-of-the-galaxy-1235853674/

Mangold's finally shooting his long-awaited Bob Dylan biopic in NYC. Chalamet seems to be everywhere right now.

No composer attached yet, but I'm assuming a rough cut would be ready later this year. What are the chances Mangold would ask Williams to score this?

image.png

image.png

6 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Mangold's previous music biopic Walk the Line (about Johnny Cash and June Carter) didn't have any original score, I think.

T Bone Burnett is credited for music, but I don't remember how much there was. Can't be a lot I guess.

T Bone Burnett was a producer for the album.

And he help Phoenix & Witherspoon with the songs and vocals. That's what Witherspoon thanked him for in her Oscar speech

34 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

T Bone Burnett was a producer for the album.

And she help Phoenix & Witherspoon with the songs and vocals. That's what Witherspoon thanked her for in her Oscar speech

T Bone Burnett is a dude.

93f2cc726dc52c7876643fa68a9f08f06d-01-t-

He's listed under "Music by" on IMDb, that's all I know. He often works as a producer and I think also music supervisor, but he certainly has written scores in other cases (e.g. True Detective).

• 2 weeks later...

The slap was over 2 years ago now.  He's already had a film come out in theaters since then (Emancipation directed by Antoine Fuqua)

Just now, Jay said:

He's already had a film come out since then (Emancipation directed by Antoine Fuqua)

A movie that no one saw :lol:

1 hour ago, JNHFan2000 said:

New Bad Boys.

Wasn’t the last one - the third one - called Bad Boys For Life?

What a missed opportunity. Obviously, they should’ve saved that title for this one - the fourth one - and call it Bad Boys 4 Life. 😂

On 26/03/2024 at 6:48 AM, JNHFan2000 said:

New Bad Boys.

Let's see what the box office is like after the slap.

That trailer is awesome. Several solid LOL moments in there for me. I'm gonna do my part to make this a box office hit. Plus, I'm not ashamed to say I love Will Smith, always have, always will. And they found a way to bring Capt Howard back, and not just in a silly cameo kind of way, but core-of-the-plot kind of way. That's seriously awesome.

On 28/3/2024 at 8:46 PM, Edmilson said:

Not only there's a sequel for the Winnie the Pooh horror movie being released this year, they already announced a third part.

image.png

https://variety.com/2024/film/global/winnie-the-pooh-blood-and-honey-3-confirmed-1235954467/

Doesn’t Disney own the IP on Winnie the Pooh? I’m extremely surprised they’d allow this character to be used like this!

8 minutes ago, Bayesian said:

Doesn’t Disney own the IP on Winnie the Pooh? I’m extremely surprised they’d allow this character to be used like this!

A. A. Milne's U.S. copyright on the Winnie-the-Pooh character expired on 1 January 2022, as it had been 95 years since publication of the first story. The character has thus entered the public domain in the United States and Disney no longer holds exclusive rights there. Independent filmmaker Rhys Frake-Waterfield capitalized on this shortly thereafter by producing a horror film titled Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey.[46] The UK copyright will expire on 1 January 2027, the 70th year since Milne's death.[47]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnie-the-Pooh

9 hours ago, Edmilson said:

For the JW Fans born between 1999 and 2015, this movie will be for you!

The one movie where they could do all of the scenery in CGI and it would be literally fine... and they build physical sets. Genius.

21 hours ago, filmmusic said:

Wasn't Matrix 4 a flop?

They want another now?

Yes, it was but it was simultaneously released in theaters and on HBO Max, so that could explain why it was a flop ... and why they plan a fifth movie. It's content! 

I am hyped for this Omen prequel.  More than I know I should be.  They've done the marketing right.  There was a retro style trailer, and the posters pay homage to the original.

The_First_Omen_poster.jpg

I wish I was in one of the cities that is projecting this in 35mm!!!  That would be amazing.

FIRSTOMEN_1SHT_DIGITAL_sRGB_35MM_V4-1-scaled.jpg.webp

No, this isn't the next NatGeo or BBC documentary on African wildlife, but rather the first pic of The Lion King's prequel Mufasa that Disney will release later this year:

mufasa-the-lion-king.jpg

Source

Now instead of trailers for trailers, we're getting facetime calls to promote trailers

For now, it has only 39 reviews, so that number will go down.

And 109 minutes running time ... How refreshing! I can watch this one in one go.

16 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Are you joking?!

At my age, it's easily a 3-piss movie :lol:

I made it through Dune 2 and only had to go once. I'm waiting for it on home video so I can see the scene I missed.

On 03/04/2024 at 6:08 PM, Edmilson said:

ryan reynolds hd GIF

On 03/04/2024 at 6:11 PM, Van_Etten said:

Soooo... Giacchino here we go?

Well, that'd be better than the last guy they got, especially since there's 0% chance they get Don Davis back at this point.

On 03/04/2024 at 6:28 PM, filmmusic said:

Wasn't Matrix 4 a flop?

They want another now?

What's even more surprising is Lana agreeing to even be involved after the clearly miserable experience she had on Resurrections, and that WB would let her given the neon-illuminated middle finger the film gave them.

Disney revealed the release dates for several of their upcoming blockbusters, a few of which I already posted in other threads.

For the remaining movies:

• Live-action Moana: July 10, 2026;
  • Tron: Ares (sequel to Tron: Legacy starring Morbius himself Jared Leto): October 10, 2025;
  • The Amateur (a spy thriller with Rami Malek and Rachel Brosnahan): April 11, 2025;
  • Nightbitch (a comedy-horror film that stars Amy Adams): December 6, 2024 (limited release);

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/disney-star-wars-movie-mandalorian-and-grogu-toy-story-5-live-action-moana-tron-ares-release-dates-1235961998/