Upcoming Soundtracks

MattyO

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Pushing Daisies, I thought a season 1 OST did come out 2 years ago, and this is season 2?

The show only lasted two seasons. It got cancelled awhile ago. It's great that they were able to release the music. It's very good.

Yes I know all that; I've seen every episode. MattyO's post just made it sound like he didn't know there already was a Season 1 OST... But I probably read him wrong

I don't remember a single thing about the scoring honestly.

It's a good show though I recommend all 22 episodes

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the confusion - I got the Pushing Daisies Season 1 OST when it came out, which I think was about 2 years ago. The second season soundtrack has been rumoured for a while now. I probably will check it out. At the moment though I'm all ears for Scream 4 and Pirates 4.

The show only lasted two seasons. It got cancelled awhile ago. It's great that they were able to release the music. It's very good.

They should never have cancelled the show, least of all in the middle of season 2. It was utterly brilliant and the plot had just become considerably more complex when they just killed it abruptly.

• 3 weeks later...

Tracklist for The Tree of Life soundtrack by Alexandre Desplat

1. Childhood

2. Circles

3. Clouds

4. River

5. Awakening

6. Emergence of Life

7. Light & Darkness

8. Good & Evil

9. Motherhood

10. City of Glass

11. Fatherhood

12. Temptation

13. Skies

To be released on May 24

Three new Varese titles added to their site today:

Another Year

Music by Gary Yershon

Release Date: 06/14/11

First Grader, The

Music by Alex Heffes

Game Of Thrones

Music by Ramin Djawadi

Nice, Game of Thrones Season 1 Soundtrack... if Djawadi continues the improvement he showed from episode 1 to episode 2 this could be my first Djawadi album

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently Christopher Young's score for Core is getting an official release. The composer mentioned this in passing in a recent interview:Christopher Young interviewed by Randall Larson.

Christopher Young: You know what’s interesting about this? I’ve just been revisiting THE CORE, which is going to be coming out officially and I’ve just spent the last couple days listening to that and making some changes.

I recommend reading the entire interview. Young is one of the most outspoken film music composers and his interviews are always enlightening and interesting.

Yep, MV Gerhard of LaLaLand mentioned/suggested/hinted over at FSM last year that The Core would be seeing an official release.

I have the promo Intrada issued with their first Signature Edition release, The Tower.

It's quite a strong score. I would consider purchasing it.

Anyway thanks for the link to the interview. Very interesting.

Karol

It's quite a strong score. I would consider purchasing it.

Anyway thanks for the link to the interview. Very interesting.

Karol

I'll definitely buy it (and 2003 for a LE? That's remarkable). I don't like the main theme much, but the bulk of the score is really good; plays less like a score, more of a collection of related concert pieces. That said, I think there's more than one set out there, and I don't know if either are complete (mine is 1:27 and obviously out of chrono order, along with some weird tracknames).

I wish I'd been more into scores in 2004 to get a physical copy of The Tower, which is a heartbreakingly beautiful chamber score. Receiving The Core too would've been amazing.

Henry Jackman's X-Men : First Class score cover, tracklist and release date :

XMEN%20FIRSTCLASS.jpg

Release date : 06/21/2011

1. First Class
  2. Pain And Anger
  3. Would You Date Me?
  4. Not That Sort Of Bank
  5. Frankenstein's Monster
  6. What Am I Thinking
  7. Cerebro
  8. Mobilise For Russia
  9. Rise Up To Rule
  10. Cold War
  11. X-Training
  12. Rage And Serenity
  13. To Beast Or Not To Beast
  14. True Colours
  15. Let Battle Commence
  16. Sub Lift
  17. Coup d'État
  18. Mutant And Proud
  19. X-Men
  20. Magneto

I'm eagerly awaiting this one. I liked Jackman's work on Kick Ass score (Man in The Mirror and MistMobile :music: ). Here's hoping he came up with something just as good, if not better.;)

Here are the samples: http://www.cinemamus...men-first-class

BuySoundtrax could be releasing something interesting tomorrow. Here is an email they recently sent out:

Coming This Wednesday!!!

TWO NEW RELEASES FROM BSX RECORDS

That's right we we'll have two BRAND New Titles!

The First is a recent horror score from a Hollywood Veteran

who we have been wanting to work with for a very long time...

The other release is a 2 CD set of another Hollywood Veteran

(now retired) that will feature three scores.

One of them is a Sci Fi Classic from the 80's that will be getting

a deluxe presenation that features VASTLY IMPROVED SOUND over all earlier releases

and present the complete score for the first time!

This 2 CD set will be priced at only $19.95

More details will be posted tomrorow.

I don't follow horror films enough to guess at what the first title could be.

As for the second title? Well, there are very few composers that fit the 4 clues:

1. Hollywood veteran

2. Still alive

3. Retired

4. Scored an 80's sci-fi classic that has been on CD at least twice before

I think there are only 2 possibilities actually:

1. Craig Safan - The Last Starfighter

2. Brad Fiedel - The Terminator

Either one will be a sure purchase for me! Both scores fit ALL the clues. Although in both cases, I'm not sure why they had to include 2 other scores and make it a 2CD set - both complete scores fit on one CD. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Nevermind, I think it's actually going to be The Quiet Earth by John Charles. He/it also fits all the clues (assuming a loose interpretation of "Hollywood veteran" and "classic"), and I could easily see them pairing that with 2 other scores to make a $19.95 2CD set. I think if they actually got the rights to The Terminator or The Last Starfighter before one of our beloved labels did, they'd release either score as a $19.95 1CD release on its own not paired with other scores.

Well, MikeJ from BSX Records has popped into the FSM boards and told us that it's not The Terminator, The Last Starfighter, or The Quiet Earth.

So what other 80's sci-fi score fits all the clues? Come on people, we can figure this out!

Interesting. I would buy Terminator or Last Starfighter instantly. Now I'm curious what they are since those aren't the titles..

A decent guess is The Final Countdown by John Scott. He's a hollywood veteran for sure, and it's been on CD multiple times - Casablanca Records, Tarantula Records, JOS Records, etc. However, I don't believe he is retired.

:lol:

Upcoming from Tadlow:

This year there will be 2 VILLA RIDES! as I have just finished recording with Nic Raine the complete 58 minute score by Maurice using the original score and parts.....the sound and peformance are spectacular with much more detail than the original. (the original LP being less than 30 minutes long)

Also included on ths CD are new recordings of music from EL CONDOR, THE LIFE AND TIMES OF JUDGE ROY BEAN, RED SUN and THE PROFESSIONALS

And at same time TARAS BULBA and an album by incredible Czech Violinist Lucie Svehlova will be released.

Probable June release for all 3.

http://www.filmscore...78054&archive=0

The two BSX titles are "The Philadelphia Experiment" by Kenneth Wannberg (paired with "Accounting For The Screams" and "Of Unknown Origin") and "Parasomnia" by Nicholas Pike

http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/kenwafimucop.html

http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/paorsobynipi.html

This post on FSM made my day. :)

OMG

There is plenty of Kamen being worked on.

Be patient while all the labels do their work

MV

Karol

I'm still holding out hope that one of these labels will reproduce and master/remaster John Williams' 1979 theatrical version score for DRACULA. That is my second favorite score, after STAR WARS: EPISODE IV. :)

Varese had released the artwork and track listing for:

a2079191304815f28464a6_s.jpg Game Of Thrones

and

a2079171306add62c725c1_s.jpg Mr. Popper's Penguins

Also, Varese will be releasing Cowboys & Aliens by Harry Gregson-Williams

http://www.varesesar...6-Aliens/Detail

and Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes by Patrick Doyle

http://www.varesesar...e-Planet/Detail

Is this thread for also posting when soundtracks will come in the future for example:

The Hobbit (2013)

or

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)?

or just for posting when scores for films coming up within the year?