The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Cool new interview with Roger Feigelson:

http://jameshorner-filmmusic.com/intrada-interview-with-roger-feigelson/

He drops some tantalizing information about upcoming Horner titles

I really want to release Volunteers, though. We found the elements, but the licensor has been really elusive at the moment.
One might ask why we haven't done Rocketeer yet and I could only answer, well we just released a two-CD set of the complete Clear & Present Danger. I could have done Rocketeer first and then we'd be asked, what would it take to have a complete Clear & Present Danger? Everything in good time. I hope!
I will say [our next James Horner release is] an expanded edition of an 80s classic. Great, great score.

So it appears we will eventually get The Rocketeer after all!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!! :jump::woop::groupwave:

Why do you say that?

Well, how many of Horner's scores fit this exact description (that haven't already been expanded): "80s classic. Great, great score."

I have no inside info or anything, I just think Willow or Cocoon fit that description best.

Cool new interview with Roger Feigelson:

http://jameshorner-filmmusic.com/intrada-interview-with-roger-feigelson/

He drops some tantalizing information about upcoming Horner titles

I really want to release Volunteers, though. We found the elements, but the licensor has been really elusive at the moment.
One might ask why we haven't done Rocketeer yet and I could only answer, well we just released a two-CD set of the complete Clear & Present Danger. I could have done Rocketeer first and then we'd be asked, what would it take to have a complete Clear & Present Danger? Everything in good time. I hope!
I will say [our next James Horner release is] an expanded edition of an 80s classic. Great, great score.

So it appears we will eventually get The Rocketeer after all!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!! :jump::woop::groupwave:

1354504077_backpain-1292835351.jpg

I want The Land Before Time.

Yeah, that was my first thought. But Cocoon seems likely too. It's been out of print for a good while.

And, side note, if it is Cocoon: since they will have inevitably cleaned up the score, it sure would be nice if Fox could use that to create a new sound mix for the film and reissue it on Blu-ray. The score on the current incarnation is warbly as hell.

I really hope it's Cocoon. I passed up on a second-hand copy for under 20 euros not too long ago, because I gambled that it'd be reissued pronto.

I bought Cocoon years ago on eBay, but it ended up being a single track CD-R bootleg with horrendously warbly sound, so having never seen the film, I have no nostalgic connection to the score.

If I'm not mistaken, there are claims that Horner is blocking or won't allow a release of the actual film tracks / complete score to BBTS.

If I'm not mistaken, there are claims that Horner is blocking or won't allow a release of the actual film tracks / complete score to BBTS.

Oh yeah! Don't know if it's true or not, but I'd heard this before as well. I've seen the sessions floating around the web, but was told the sound on them was pretty poor.

Yes, apparently he doesn't like the performance.

Another reason might be that the score is riddled with lifts from other scores (particularly Star Trek TMP).

As if plagiarism would ever stop Horner! ROTFLMAO

• 2 weeks later...

Oh right - I should have mentioned that too :P

In another thread, Roger confirmed that 2 upcoming releases he hopes to have approved by October are in this list:

The Addams Family (Marc Shaiman) [Paramount Pictures / Orion Pictures]

Ernest Scared Stupid (Bruce Arnston, Kirby Shelstad) [Touchstone Pictures / Buena Vista Pictures]

Hocus Pocus (John Debney) [Walt Disney Pictures / Buena Vista Pictures]

Pet Sematary (Elliot Goldenthal) [Paramount Pictures]

Dracula (John Williams) [universal Pictures]

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (Frank Skinner) [universal Pictures]

Salem's Lot (Harry Sukman) [Warner Bros. / CBS]

Spaced Invaders (David Russo) [Touchstone Pictures / Buena Vista Pictures]

Practical Magic (Alan SilvestrI / Michael Nyman combo set) [Warner Bros.]

Dark City (Trevor Jones) [New Line Cinema]

Once Bitten (John Du Prez) [The Samuel Goldwyn Company]

Nightbreed (Danny Elfman) [20th Century Fox / Morgan Creek]

Flatliners (James Newton Howard) [Columbia Pictures]

Tremors (Ernest Troost) [universal Studios]

Child's Play 2 (Graeme Revell) [universal Studios]

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=65676#p65676

Cannot wait for Hocus Pocus! Definitely ordering it! I wonder if it will include the song "Come Little Children" sung by Sarah Jessica Parker (arranged by James Horner!) and the rendition of "I Put A Spell On You" sung by Bette Midler (arranged by... Marc Shaiman?)? As awesome as it is to finally get an official (hopefully complete) release of Debney's score, I will have to admit this is the rare case where the two songs arranged for the film belong on the album in terms of nostalgic purposes for the film (plus they are just both really fun arrangements!).

I wonder if it will include the song "Come Little Children" sung by Sarah Jessica Parker (arranged by James Horner!) and the rendition of "I Put A Spell On You" sung by Bette Midler (arranged by... Marc Shaiman?)?

According to Roger Feigelson "Come Little Children" is included, but "I Put a Spell on You" isn't, because they could not find the masters on time for the release.

Yeah I just read it, too. It's honestly a little disappointing, but luckily most of that song can be ripped cleanly from the end credits (although it's a slightly different version of the song). I wonder why they didn't just go the LLL route and use a film stem? This doesn't make or break me getting the release though. ;)

I actually just placed an order for it through Movie Music. I'm gonna be out of town from the 4-11th of this month so I won't mind the wait at all. It should be here by the time I get back home.

Roger says

Our Halloween celebration continues with a release of this landmark horror score that we've gotten many requests for over the years:

1375689_10151689492567169_1840182558_n.j

And how to follow up our series of Battlestar Galactica albums? With this of course:
1376497_10151689492857169_1361742237_n.j

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5804

Vince DiCola announced that his score to the 1980s Transformers movie is coming out on Intrada

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/vince-dicolas-the-transformers-1986-score-seeing-official-release-178568/

Doug's Corner announces a 2014 title

10/11/13
The two new releases for this coming Tuesday (October 15) have been announced. Listeners will finally have that powerhouse score for the Salem's Lot mini-series from 1979, in magnificent stereo from the multi-track masters vaulted in mint condition at Warner Bros. These elements included the handful of cues Harry Sukman scored for the re-edited feature version as well, and they also appear in this 2-CD set in stunning stereo. For fans of 3-CD sets, we also have a spaceship load of stereo music from Season One of the cult TV sci-fi series Buck Rogers, featuring exciting scores by composers such as Richard LaSalle, Stu Phillips, Les Baxter and Johnny Harris, including several versions of the theme, all presented from Universal's mint condition three-channel scoring session masters. (Watch for Season Two, with even bigger scores by Bruce Broughton and others in 2014!) Artwork and sound samples will be posted this coming Monday eve. At that time, feel free to order away!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5818

Vince DiCola announced that his score to the 1980s Transformers movie is coming out on Intrada

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/vince-dicolas-the-transformers-1986-score-seeing-official-release-178568/

Nice!

I would prefer the underscore for the cartoons though.

• 2 weeks later...