The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

I agree with you on that Kendal. Quite a few things that were supposed to come out this year got pushed back to next year. Probably because of art work approval.

Well I take that back, we know the X-Files set was supposed to come but they pushed it back because they were re-doing the art work and case design for the set. MV really wants to make sure the set is perfect.

A lot of things MV was expecting to come out in 2010 had to get pushed back to 2011: The X-Files box set, Jim Henson's Storyteller, and Clue are the big ones we know about. Also we know he had two Rejected Score releases that got pushed back to 2011. And while he's never explicitly confirmed it, its basically assumed that Michael Kamen's Die Hard was supposed to be one of their Black Friday releases this year, but also got pushed back to 2011. HOOK falls into that category as well.

Didn't he mention that he had planned, or wanted, to have all the Black Friday scores be Christmas related? So that was a huge hint as to what may be in store for 2011.

MV's exact quote was:

HA HA! It's funny you mention that. Back in Jan when I was planning our schedule I had 3 x-mas themed soundtracks planned for release, but only one of those original 3 made it in time for this years batch -- Batman Returns. LOL

MV

So I think that implies that Home Alone wasn't even on their radar as of last January - probably a project that came together rather quickly.

I think the 3 x-mas themed soundtracks he had planned for release in 2010 were Batman Returns, Die Hard, and Gremlins.

Are there any other Christmas-themed movie scores are there that are unreleased or could use an expansion?

Die Hard 2

Lethal Weapon

;)

Santa Claus The Movie is a big one. I avoided buying the import re-issue of the original album in hopes that one of the labels manages to release the complete score.

I believe FSM has Goldsmith's The Homecoming (the Waltons) slated for 2011. I know there are quite a few Christmas movies, most of them are older, that I don't recall seeing soundtracks for but I wonder if those are even worth doing from a financial standpoint.

Are there any other Christmas-themed movie scores are there that are unreleased or could use an expansion?

Scrooged (1988) Danny Elfman. There was only an official song sdtk. Unless you count Danny Elfman: Music for a Darkened Theatre, Film & Television Music, Vol. 1 from MCA Records.

"Main Titles"

"Show Time At IBC"

"Elliot Gives Blood"

"Walter Ablaze"

"Wild Cab Ride"

"Luncheonette"

"Asylum"

"Crematorium"

Total only 8:42

Saw it recently on AMC love the score. And isn't MV an Elfman fan, I think? :unsure:

Duh, how could I forget Scrooged?

As much as I hate the film, it would be nice to get a complete release of Silvestri's Score to The Polar Express.

I could too, although my guess is that they probably didn't have that one in the works for Black Friday 2010, since they already had Batman Returns on the docket and that would be a very Elfman-heavy lineup. But it would certainly be one of my holy grails if La La were to get that one out there, along with legitimate or obtainable (respectively) releases of The Family Man and Black Beauty.

I think that the USPS lost my copy of Star Trek V, but La-La Land came through anyway. After an email exchange they sent me another copy which arrived today! :)

I think that the USPS lost my copy of Star Trek V, but La-La Land came through anyway. After an email exchange they sent me another copy which arrived today! :)

Nice. If the other copy should miraculously show up at some point what do you plan to do with it?

I tried hand-delivering my extra Speed 2 to LLL, but the address to which they ship from is a PO Box. So I had to take it with me back across the country and then ship it out.

You could have messaged MV on Facebook or even sent an email and asked for an address to ship the extra copy to.

I thought MV had posted saying that after Batman Returns there wasn't going to be any more Batman scores? I mean from neither the films or animated tv series. The reason being because Warner Brother wanted to release stuff like that on their own label?

I thought MV had posted saying that after Batman Returns there wasn't going to be any more Batman scores? I mean from neither the films or animated tv series. The reason being because Warner Brother wanted to release stuff like that on their own label?

Their watertower will be overflowing.

When did he say that? I believe the situation was that LaLaLand could definitely cover expansions, but WB wanted to look into doing premiere releases through Watertower. So, we should see Batman Forever from LaLaLand, but Batman and Robin and/or future TAS projects might not happen with them.

I tried hand-delivering my extra Speed 2 to LLL, but the address to which they ship from is a PO Box. So I had to take it with me back across the country and then ship it out.

Why didn't you just ship from wherever you were?

Weird I got the CD I ordered a week ago from LaLa Land, but not Home Alone, which I ordered two weeks ago.

Karol

Bummer. I hope you get your copy of Home Alone soon! Mine took 15 days to arrive (It was sent on the 2nd of December (from SAE) but arrived only yesterday). I guess the folks at La-La-Land are at their busiest right now as must be the postal service of every country.

Ya the post office here in the United States are super strapped down being busy right now. With next Saturday being Christmas, people are trying to get last minute packages out so it's a much busier time for the postal people than usual.

Why didn't you just ship from wherever you were?

What's the difference? I didn't get too acquainted with the post office locations during my 1 week visit.

I'd e-mail them about that.

Bummer. I hope you get your copy of Home Alone soon! Mine took 15 days to arrive (It was sent on the 2nd of December (from SAE) but arrived only yesterday). I guess the folks at La-La-Land are at their busiest right now as must be the postal service of every country.

I'm not panicking yet. I understand that December is usually like this. And I'm going to wait til Monday. If it doesn't arrive I'll send a message.

Karol

I got my Home Alone and Batman Returns a few days ago, but I won't be opening them until Christmas morning.

I call that masochism, especially the Home Alone part. :P:D

I'm confident the wait will be worth it. :)

My STV apparently only took around four days to arrive from when it was ordered, but I still don't have it myself because it's one of my christmas presents.

I almost read that as STD. :mellow:

I'd e-mail them about that.

I'm not panicking yet. I understand that December is usually like this. And I'm going to wait til Monday. If it doesn't arrive I'll send a message.

Karol

Everything over here is taking a long time to arrive, especially due to the snow. As long as it appears by the 24th (Home Alone is a Xmas present) I'm not concerned.

Would they be limited editions through Watertower?

Don't know--nothing concrete, there, just that WB was looking to do premiere releases through Watertower. Those scores may even still be negotiable, but they're definitely not as up-for-grabs as the previously released scores. I'm wondering what WB's actually planning to do, really. The first TAS album sold out. What's the problem?

Alright it's already three since I placed my order and more than two weeks since I got the shipping notice. Normally it would take a week to get here. And I got the other order (which I placed a week later) from them on time. So I decided to write this e-mail to them, in which I express my concern.

Karol

When MV announced their Nov 30th batch on Black Friday, the announcement included a line where he said their next releases would be on January 4th.

Normally MV pre-announces their titles 1 week before they go up for sale - which would be today for a Jan 4th batch. However, just because he used to always pre-announce doesn't mean he still is. He could operate differently in 2011 than he did in 2010. Gotta wait and see what happens.

Just wanted to give y'all a brief update on our January 4 titles:

There will be NO JAN 4 titles. smile.gif

Simply put, Matt and I don't want to hit the ground running when we return to the office on Jan 3, so the 2 titles schedule for Jan 4, have been pushed back to January 18.

On that day, we will be releasing the following:

SOLARIS - music by Cliff Martinez

Retail Price: $15.98

Produced by Nick Redman

Mastered by Mike Matessino

Liner Notes by Julie Kirgo

Art Direction by Jim Titus

This re-issue (not expanded) has a 16 page booklet designed by Jim Titus. Mike Matessino went back and took out the digital imperfections (very minor) that were inherent in the original release.

The 1st 100 copies will be autographed by Cliff Martinez.

THE RAT PATROL - music by Dominic Frontiere

Limited edition of 1200 units

Retail Price: $19.98

Produced by Ford A Thaxton

Mastered by James Nelson

Liner Notes by Jon Burlingame

Art Direction by Mark Banning

This limited edition release features some of the best music written for the classic 1960's WWII television show.

The 1st 100 copies will be autographed by Dominic Frontiere.

Young Riders - music by John Debney

Limited edition of 1200 units

Retail Price: $19.98

Produced by Ford A Thaxton

Mastered by James Nelson

Liner Notes by Brian Satterwhite

Art Direction by Mark Banning

This Emmy Award winning series features some of John Debney's most captivating work for the small screen. Featured on this volume of music are the episodes: THE KID (aka The Pilot), THE GUNFIGHTER, and the Emmy Award winning episode for best score, KANSAS.

The 1st 100 copies will be autographed by John Debney.

Track titles, cover images, and more information on all 3 releases to follow.

These will be our ONLY releases for January.

On Jan 3 we will begin dealing with emails, lost orders, damaged orders, thank you's, wholesale orders, website orders. . . genreally playing catch up.

Until then. . .

Have a Happy and safe New Year!

See you back here on Jan 18 at 1 pm!

MV

New avatar too:

1801.gif