Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

12 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

I spun this a few months ago for the first time in a really long time. As NOT a Zimmer hater, then or now, I have to say... It's not very good.

But I can appreciate wanting to complete the set.

It is not. But hey, it was only 3 quid!

Karol

Assuming mine actually ships on the 18th, I’m mighty tempted to sell it. $500 would buy a lot of other music. 

Probably won’t, though

Not exactly a purchase. There's a window in my houses staircase where people sometimes put stuff they don't need anymore, for other people to pick up. Today there was a whole bag of old CDs there; I grabbed about two thirds of them:

image.jpeg

Anyone reading this really needs to sit down, because you won't believe what you are about to read.

After an (enforced and very painful) visit to the mainland, I decided to pop into town's local H.M.V., before beginning my journey home. Lo, and behold, what was there? 

Only the 2-CD set of INTERSTELLAR.

know!!!   Long story short: instant buy.

know!!!

Me handing over all my hard-earned for a Zimmer soundtrack?

know!!!

Upshot: my favourite Zimmer. I've no idea why I connect with this score so much, but I genuinely love it.

6 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Anyone reading this really needs to sit down, because you won't believe what you are about to read.

After an (enforced and very painful) visit to the mainland, I decided to pop into town's local H.M.V., before beginning my journey home. Lo, and behold, what was there? 

Only the 2-CD set of INTERSTELLAR.

know!!!   Long story short: instant buy.

know!!!

Me handing over all my hard-earned for a Zimmer soundtrack?

know!!!

Upshot: my favourite Zimmer. I've no idea why I connect with this score so much, but I genuinely love it.

Thank God I parked the car before reading this.

2 hours ago, Amer said:

I truly resisted buying both the Bond sets...the OST albums never clicked with me.

I have to admit: Die Another Day can be rather overbearing. I'm usually pretty done with it by the time I reach the end. But The World Is Not Enough is pretty good and I already had Tomorrow Never Dies (because it's the best) and I wanted to complete the set.

So I’ve been tracking these down over the year at affordable pricing, I have volumes 4-9. They primarily focus on Akira Ifukube’s non film works with the exception of a couple of the discs. There are 12 volumes, although the last 2 repeat some of the stuff from earlier volumes in live concert settings.

IMG_1458.jpeg

IMG_1459.jpeg

IMG_1461.jpeg

Just received a nice batch:

• Star Trek: The Original Series: The 1701 Collection, vol. 1
  • Star Trek: The Original Series: The 1701 Collection, vol. 2
  • Star Trek: Enterprise, vol. 1
  • Star Trek: Enterprise, vol. 2
  • The Magnificent Seven Collection