The Official Varese Sarabande Thread

Charlie Brigden

• 2 weeks later...

I just read that on Varese's official Facebook page:

New CD CLUB announcement coming on Monday, February 10. Also a new release from our Limited Edition series. Visit our web site on the 10th for the exciting reveal!

Karol

Good :)

I also think that Varese will release Star Trek Into Darkness in expanded form.

I wonder if they will reissue a Williams' score this time.

February 10th? Damn it! I was gonna buy some decals for a couple of my models so I can finish them...guess I better hold off then!

BTW I hope that STID is part of this batch. Most likely will ship a month later...might wait until next month to order, depending if it is STID and how limited it will be.

SMALL SOLDIERS and ADRIAN MESSENGER are my picks. At least for what is possible for VS. Maybe THE HAUNTING, though that is not a high priority but another score that wasn't helped by the slim album pickens.

Though in reality we have all of these already (except for P2, which i find more than enough in its 45-minute incarnation). Makes it all a bit awkward to unwrap a new cd you never are going to listen to since you know it by heart. If it is THE HAUNTING, it's at least a score i don't know beyond the short album, modest as it is.

Though in reality we have all of these already (except for P2, which i find more than enough in its 45-minute incarnation). Makes it all a bit awkward to unwrap a new cd you never are going to listen to since you know it by heart. If it is THE HAUNTING, it's at least a score i don't know beyond the short album, modest as it is.

Predator 2 is at the very least in need of a remastering to fix the audio problems that plague the original release.

If Predator 2, Air Force One, Starship Troopers and STID is part of the group it's gonna be expensive... I might have to order through Peter (Movie Music) and pay him in March.

Predator 2 is at the very least in need of a remastering to fix the audio problems that plague the original release.

I never noticed any problems with it.

I expect a batch very similar to the last one. A major 90s expansion, an obscure silver age title, something from the 80s maybe, and a couple of encores. Hopefully the Limited Edition line title is STID and not some obscure current movie.

I expect a batch very similar to the last one. A major 90s expansion, an obscure silver age title, something from the 80s maybe, and a couple of encores. Hopefully the Limited Edition line title is STID and not some obscure current movie.

STID. Now we're talking. :)

It's only one CD and this will be JG.

How do you know that? It's not clear from that Facebook update. Might be a Club release (or several), and a Limited Release.

Karol

We'll have a "batch" soon enough, but on Monday we will be announcing only one new CD Club title, so it won't be too hard to budget this time. We will also announce one new title in our Limited Edition series. Hope that helps.

https://www.facebook.com/varesesarabanderecords/posts/214742255384734?comment_id=517988&offset=0&total_comments=16

The Adventurer: The Curse Of The Midas Box

Fernando Velázquez

Limited to 1,000 copies

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/the-1157/The-Adventurer-cln--The-Curse/Detail

The List Of Adrian Messenger

Jerry Goldsmith

Limited to 3,000 copies

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/the-1156/The-List-Of-Adrian/Detail

I don't remember the music as I've only seen the movie once (I liked it), but ordering it was a non-brainer; the sample from the fox hunt is great.

Excellent samples from the Adventurer as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there's a specific reason, they probably just ask first.

There was a recent FSM thread where MV of LLL posted that while working on Grimm, he asked that studio for Bates Motel, but it was already spoken for. Now we know it was Varese who got that one. Maybe Robert Townsend is just more on top of things than other label heads, no idea.

Your signature isn't working